Sponsored

Looking at buying S550 - disappointed

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I no longer double tap and set it. Experimented with it a few years ago and felt nothing. So I dont even try anymore. Got this pedalmax I got to install so maybe it will make up for that.
Sponsored

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
So is sport mode a "premium only" mode? I didnt have any modes like that in my base. Do got some kinda "advance sport trac" which I have yet to feel anything that it does. ..bummer
As someone else has noted the sports plus mode is only for the premium trim. In an Auto you should notice the difference between sport plus and normal.
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Oxo2iKNyCuo[/MEDIA]"]

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
No, sport mode (along with several other drive modes) is a premium trim item. They alter steering "feel", TC settings, and throttle map. I've always thought the drive modes are a little gimmicky, but YMMV
As someone else has noted the sports plus mode is only for the premium trim. In an Auto you should notice the difference between sport plus and normal.
Sport plus mode is available on all trims. The premium trims have a nice toggle while non-premium trims have to have their foot on brake, double tap traction control.

[ame]

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Ahh..no confusion here.. We're just disappointed and excited at same time!
Cant think of anything I have been disappointed with, maybe the cooled seats mind you Steph loves them
As for excited every-time I drive her, for me from over the pond, have a fully spec California Special, is very special. as it's a very rare car in the UK. and maybe as I drive on the other side of the road to you, all the Nannies are more of a help, and way more cool like the RS, ACC, which is great for saving petrol. and everyone is green with envy over the memory seats.
I love my hood indicators and just driving her, on the motorway sit her on the ACC and just enjoy the drive
I do a lot of car shows, and she gets way more attention than the European S550s.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
The sport mode on base (300A) cars is a traction/stability control setting. It has no impact on pedal map or steering feel. My understanding has always been that the premium trim (400A/401A) car drive modes do more than the base cars.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
The sport mode on base (300A) cars is a traction/stability control setting. It has no impact on pedal map or steering feel. My understanding has always been that the premium trim (400A/401A) car drive modes do more than the base cars.
Do you have any documentation showing sport mode is different? Do you have any reviews showing this? I would find it very odd if sport mode behaved different.

Fripp64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang GT
I have a GT base model with Performance Package and all you get is the traction control (on/off) button and steering response from Normal, comfort and sport mode. All this does is loosen or tighten the steering geometry of the car. It does not change throttle response.....that's what the 3.73 gears and 435hp do...ha ha
The steering modes of the 2015 Ford Mustang GT and EcoBoost models will give the driver their choice of Comfort, Normal and Sport. Comfort requires the least amount of driver input while Sport requires the most driver input – while also offering the most feedback to the driver. Sport gives the driver the most connected feel with the Mustang and Normal steering mode will be a balance between the softness of Comfort and the stiffness of Sport.
This is ALL steering input and nothing more on the base GT with the 3 buttons below the A/C controls.

The GT Premium offers 4 toggle switches with an additional toggle switch for "drive modes".
The drive modes allow the driver to pick between Wet/Snow, Normal, Sport and Track with the system adjusting the stability control, traction control, throttle response and shift points (automatic only) of the S550 Mustang with either the 5.0L V8 or the 2.3L EcoBoost 4-cylinder. Wet/Snow will dial back the throttle response to help cut back on wheel spin in rough conditions while also easing back on the sensitivity of the traction control system to let the wheels spin just a bit to help the Mustang dig out of the snow. Sport mode will sharpen the throttle response, increase the shift RPM in automatic models, vastly cut back the action of the throttle response and allow more yaw (vehicle angle relative to the direction of the car) while Track mode will offer the sharpest throttle response and shift points while disabling the most traction control and allowing the most yaw before the stability control engages.

OP
OP
merc123

merc123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 PP Premium GT
I put it in Wet/Snow mode at 50 MPH and you could actually feel the power loss. It was like a brake was dragging.

I haven't used Track mode still. How does Sport+ mode allow the vehicle to yaw more without magnetic shocks?

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I put it in Wet/Snow mode at 50 MPH and you could actually feel the power loss. It was like a brake was dragging.

I haven't used Track mode still. How does Sport+ mode allow the vehicle to yaw more without magnetic shocks?
IIRC throttle is drastically cut in snow/wet. SO it requires much more input to achieve the same results.

Gives us EB owners much more fine tuning space for our part throttle races.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I have a GT base model with Performance Package and all you get is the traction control (on/off) button and steering response from Normal, comfort and sport mode. All this does is loosen or tighten the steering geometry of the car. It does not change throttle response.....that's what the 3.73 gears and 435hp do...ha ha
The steering modes of the 2015 Ford Mustang GT and EcoBoost models will give the driver their choice of Comfort, Normal and Sport. Comfort requires the least amount of driver input while Sport requires the most driver input – while also offering the most feedback to the driver. Sport gives the driver the most connected feel with the Mustang and Normal steering mode will be a balance between the softness of Comfort and the stiffness of Sport.
This is ALL steering input and nothing more on the base GT with the 3 buttons below the A/C controls.

The GT Premium offers 4 toggle switches with an additional toggle switch for "drive modes".
The drive modes allow the driver to pick between Wet/Snow, Normal, Sport and Track with the system adjusting the stability control, traction control, throttle response and shift points (automatic only) of the S550 Mustang with either the 5.0L V8 or the 2.3L EcoBoost 4-cylinder. Wet/Snow will dial back the throttle response to help cut back on wheel spin in rough conditions while also easing back on the sensitivity of the traction control system to let the wheels spin just a bit to help the Mustang dig out of the snow. Sport mode will sharpen the throttle response, increase the shift RPM in automatic models, vastly cut back the action of the throttle response and allow more yaw (vehicle angle relative to the direction of the car) while Track mode will offer the sharpest throttle response and shift points while disabling the most traction control and allowing the most yaw before the stability control engages.
Did you not see my post on how to engage driving modes with the base model GT?

Sponsored
OP
OP
merc123

merc123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 PP Premium GT
IIRC throttle is drastically cut in snow/wet. SO it requires much more input to achieve the same results.

Gives us EB owners much more fine tuning space for our part throttle races.
I noticed the throttle pedal input was reduced but you could also feel a reduction in power when just cruising once you flipped it on.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I noticed the throttle pedal input was reduced but you could also feel a reduction in power when just cruising once you flipped it on.
I can't speak from experience honestly. Didn't want leather so just went for PP not premium. Just what I've read. I think a power cut + throttle reduction is a bit much. Hell I did fine without either with just a new set of Blizzaks with no modes haha.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
None of the drive modes on premium trim cars add or remove power. They just alter traction control, steering feel, and pedal sensitivity giving the illusion of more/less power. The base trim cars do have "advance trac" sport mode available via double tapping the TC button. This is not the same as sport drive mode in premium cars. Yes, there is plenty of information regarding this if you'll search.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
None of the drive modes on premium trim cars add or remove power. They just alter traction control, steering feel, and pedal sensitivity giving the illusion of more/less power. The base trim cars do have "advance trac" sport mode available via double tapping the TC button. This is not the same as sport drive mode in premium cars. Yes, there is plenty of information regarding this if you'll search.
Do you care to elaborate your sources? I have searched and was unable to find any definitive information on this.

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Do you care to elaborate your sources? I have searched and was unable to find any definitive information on this.
The driving modes are explained in the owner's manual, page 129 I think.

Modes:

• Normal – Delivers a balancedcombination of comfort and handling.This mode provides an engaging driveexperience and a direct connection to the road without sacrificing any of the composure demanded from your vehicle.

• Sport – Engages when you shift your automatic transmission into sport (S). Sport mode increases throttle response and helps your vehicle accelerate faster, but does not change the feel of the steering or stability system.

• Sport+ – Provides a sportier steering feel and throttle response. Sport+ mode is ideal for use during more spirited driving.

• Track – Provides a performance driving experience. The engine responds directly to your inputs and takes on a more powerful tone. Track mode is for use when pure performance is desired. A performance oriented traction control mode is automatically utilized when Track drive mode is selected. In this mode, traction control intervention is reduced and tuned specifically for track usage only and is not intended for public roads. See Using Stability Control (page 119).

• Snow/Wet - Provides a confident handling driving experience during poor weather. This mode provides a confident drive experience and a direct connection to the road without sacrificing any of the composure demanded from your vehicle.
Sponsored