joe603

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Well it depends on the who the extended warranty is through. If it is a Ford ESP then the answer is no. Although they will issue warranties to used cars they will not do so for a "modified" car like the RS3. So presuming its a 3rd party warranty proceed with extreme caution. Many of them are not worth the paper they are written on. Especially for a car like a RS3 you need to read and understand every word for what is and is not covered. Good luck.
So here's the deal...Ford warranty will not cover the S3. Roush had a 3rd party, MBPI that would cover an S3, but only 3 model years back. So this particular car, being a 2017, is out. Sucks. I guess the search continues.
Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
i think one thing to keep in mind, especially with more specialty cars like Roush, at least compared to your average GT, is sometimes people buy them for status purposes. my friend's step dad bought a special edition/color 08gt500, which blew my mind because he's more of a benz SL500 type guy, and had a few 911s, etc. he's not the kind to appreciate a gt500 aside from the fact that this particular one was a limited edition color. so that car sat around and accumulated very few miles.

also, some people realize they cannot afford to, or have no desire to properly maintain and keep up with some of these specialty high performance cars. properly maintaining a 750 hp stage 3 roush with performance brakes, tires, etc is different than your run of the mill ecoboost (not hating, just stating the fact :sunglasses: ) and i bet a lot of people arent willing to do it right.

basic point being if the carfax is clean and there are no huge red flags about issues, i wouldnt be afraid to buy it. that's just me.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
I got my 2017 Super Snake with only 2400 miles on the clock. It had one owner prior, barely driven, sat, traded it in, sat for a good while, and then I picked it up.

I had all the fluids, spark plugs and coils changed and inspected first though since I'm sure the vehicle lived most of its life being turned on, moved, and turned off...repeatedly. Piece of mind for me, and it was part of the purchase deal.

As others have said, some of these Mustangs are either status symbols for people, or not what they thought they'd be. They end up settling for something they'll drive more or be more comfortable in.

As long as everything checks out, I'm sure you'll have a great deal on your hands! 🤘

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
yup, the certified has a 4mo 4k miles bumper/bumper warranty. My only concern is the fact that this is a Roush S3 with a supercharger...and will a warranty cover engine damage. Lets say the thing blows a rod...will the extended warranty cover the engine replacement. Waiting on the guy after I asked that question.
RS3 has a 5 year warranty which should have a little on it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
RS3 has a 5 year warranty which should have a little on it.
If the Roush warranty was transferred from the original owner to the second owner it would need to be transferred again to OP. The selling dealer/OP would need to contact the second owner to do this.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If the Roush warranty was transferred from the original owner to the second owner it would need to be transferred again to OP. The selling dealer/OP would need to contact the second owner to do this.
It's transferrable. How that happens isn't detailed in the manual just that it is. And having owned a Roush usually everything is handled directly with Roush

OP
OP
joe603

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Even if it's 5 years, that's coming up soon. No big deal...kinda wanted the 19+ with REV match anyway.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's transferrable. How that happens isn't detailed in the manual just that it is. And having owned a Roush usually everything is handled directly with Roush
So the new owner can get the warranty transferred without the assistance of the former owners. Thats good and the way is should be. Thanks.
Sponsored