Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
We're getting only 10 cars in my country in Europe, dealers ordered them so they couldn't have been specced either, guess I can consider myself lucky that I snatched the only available Velocity Blue with automatic (with optional wheels, no Recaros, otherwise it's all maxed out, except for Handling package which is not available in Europe), for 83k$ with VAT, believe it or not :) It's 15% more expensive than maxed out GT so I didn't hesitate at all. This one will be a keeper.
Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
How many times do these Ford dealers think they can gouge us with what turns out to be a not so limited, over-priced, parts bin and decal car? In Silicone Valley it is unlimited.

I plan on shopping for my Mach in October on cars.com and others like it and I don't care where in the continental 48 I have to go to get a descent deal. Planning on making it a cool road trip vacation anyway.
As long as people keep paying, that's how long. If they don't sell they will drop the price, but they do sell at least when they first come out so why would they NOT put an ADM on and maximize their profits? Wouldn't you?"

mduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT M6 2018 Orange Fury, Mach 1 on order
The next Mustang will be electric or part electric. So the coyote 5liter is singing some of its last tunes in the Mach 1

So yes, it's a keeper

faser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
scott
Vehicle(s)
mustang/cadillac
Tell your friendly neighborhood Ford dealer that you have seen how Ford handles their "limited production" vehicles when they tell you that there won't be enough of them to go around.
The '07/'08 GT500s were to be a "limited" 2 year run of 2,500 vehicles total. What a joke. Nearly 50,000 of them were produced over 8 years.
Unfortunately there are over anxious Mustang enthusiasts who fall for this BS every time. These "limited production" Mach1s will be growing roots into their dealer's tarmacs before you know it.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
You’re misunderstanding what I wrote. No where did I blame capitalism. I’m simply defining it. Trying to control what dealers ask for on a limited edition mustang would actually be anti-capitalism.
Definition: Capitalism- an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.

The manufacturer (or, in other words, the private owners) certainly CAN control how their subsidiaries price THEIR products within the bounds of capitalism

We’re not talking about something essential like food or water. Price gouging does not apply here.
Once again, you clearly don’t understand price gouging. I’ll post the definition again;

“an act or instance of charging customers too high a price for goods or services, especially when demand is high and supplies are limited”

Price gouging does not ONLY apply to essentials. Yes, it does make the practice even more scummy, but it’s the exact same practice. It is pricing ANY good or service that is limited supply well above market value. That’s exactly what an ADM is

and yes it is as simple as finding a different dealer. Find one that doesn’t charge ridiculous prices for a limited edition. If you can’t, then you either pay the going rate or find a different car to buy. Welcome to the free market. I personally don’t like the practice of charging adm’s but the correct response is to not pay them. Getting emotional about is a waste of your time.
You clearly have never really looked into purchasing a limited production car. The problem is when SO MANY dealerships are price gouging (because yes, that’s EXACTLY what they’re doing), the only way to find one that isn’t over MSRP is by personally knowing someone who will sell it to you for MSRP, because everyone else already flocks to those dealerships and you NEED some sort of relationship with that dealership to establish priority. Stop defending these piece of shit dealerships, because CLEARLY this whole beta ass “just shop somewhere else” mentality isn’t helping solve the problem

There’s an ass for every seat, and a moron for every markup. Simply not paying it isn’t going to help, because someone certainly will. Ford needs to take act

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
You clearly have never really looked into purchasing a limited production car. The problem is when SO MANY dealerships are price gouging (because yes, that’s EXACTLY what they’re doing), the only way to find one that isn’t over MSRP is by personally knowing someone who will sell it to you for MSRP, because everyone else already flocks to those dealerships and you NEED some sort of relationship with that dealership to establish priority. Stop defending these piece of shit dealerships, because CLEARLY this whole beta ass “just shop somewhere else” mentality isn’t helping solve the problem

There’s an ass for every seat, and a moron for every markup. Simply not paying it isn’t going to help, because someone certainly will. Ford needs to take act
its funny, i looked at a type r civic, and they had a 10k markup on it. I told them i wouldnt pay any ADM fee and they immediately brought it to 5k. a few days later, no ADM. By that time i had already purchased my new car though.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
its funny, i looked at a type r civic, and they had a 10k markup on it. I told them i wouldnt pay any ADM fee and they immediately brought it to 5k. a few days later, no ADM. By that time i had already purchased my new car though.
In searching for a Mach 1 allocation, I talked to about 10 dealerships, all of which told me they wouldn’t budge on ADM. When I told them I refused to pay markup, they tried to sell me on a standard GT, and 1 of them even hung up on me.

Its a bit easier to negotiate if the car is already on the dealership floor, but if you want to order your own spec, it’s nearly impossible to find. I did finally find one that wasn’t going to charge me ADM, and I was going to have to drive across the damn country to get it

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
In searching for a Mach 1 allocation, I talked to about 10 dealerships, all of which told me they wouldn’t budge on ADM. When I told them I refused to pay markup, they tried to sell me on a standard GT, and 1 of them even hung up on me.

Its a bit easier to negotiate if the car is already on the dealership floor, but if you want to order your own spec, it’s nearly impossible to find. I did finally find one that wasn’t going to charge me ADM, and I was going to have to drive across the damn country to get it
they just think people are stupid. BUT, some do go for it, so i guess they have no real reason financially speaking to stop doing markups.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),

I'd rather have to fly across the country and drive or tow it home than pay a 1k ADM 5 miles down the road.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'd rather have to fly across the country and drive or tow it home than pay a 1k ADM 5 miles down the road.
Agreed. I absolutely REFUSE to pay a markup, and I don’t care if it’s more expensive to drive cross country to get it. It just pisses me off that it even has to be an option in the first place

Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Agreed. I absolutely REFUSE to pay a markup, and I don’t care if it’s more expensive to drive cross country to get it. It just pisses me off that it even has to be an option in the first place
I have not experienced any of this at all? I've paid no ADM for the Mach 1 I've ordered.

OP
OP
traxiii

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
There are already dealers offering $4000 off MSRP of Mach 1s on cars.com and they don't even have pictures yet.

Most Foreign countries got ZERO GT350s and they will be getting a few Mach 1s this time, BFD. I really think that Ford will build as many Mach 1s as there are buyers and then some. The price point is too high to make it a high demand vehicle for long, in the USA at least.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the higher the price the better the Camaro's superior value position becomes. Oh wait wrong thread. If you're banking on 'limited' you're crazy. Now if they brought back the Twister edition of say hard-limit of 100, that would be something. COme on, do I have to do all the thinking for the twits in Ford Marketing?

We know Tremec and various other suppliers can keep the line running at 4-7000/yr rate (based on GT350 units) so that would be the low water mark. And probably by a LOT. Where's @martinjlm with his industry insider insight? I would pencil 10,000 units/yr at a minimum.

OP
OP
traxiii

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
the higher the price the better the Camaro's superior value position becomes. Oh wait wrong thread. If you're banking on 'limited' you're crazy. Now if they brought back the Twister edition of say hard-limit of 100, that would be something. COme on, do I have to do all the thinking for the twits in Ford Marketing?

We know Tremec and various other suppliers can keep the line running at 4-7000/yr rate (based on GT350 units) so that would be the low water mark. And probably by a LOT. Where's @martinjlm with his industry insider insight? I would pencil 10,000 units/yr at a minimum.
10K would make it at least 15% of total production IF they get up to 2019 levels. Not exactly a low production model.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Definition: Capitalism- an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.

The manufacturer (or, in other words, the private owners) certainly CAN control how their subsidiaries price THEIR products within the bounds of capitalism
Your logic would apply IF customers were purchasing cars directly from ford. They are not. When you buy a ford, are you buying it from ford? Or the dealer? That should help clear up who owns the car you are trying to purchase.

Once again, you clearly don’t understand price gouging. I’ll post the definition again;

“an act or instance of charging customers too high a price for goods or services, especially when demand is high and supplies are limited”

Price gouging does not ONLY apply to essentials. Yes, it does make the practice even more scummy, but it’s the exact same practice. It is pricing ANY good or service that is limited supply well above market value. That’s exactly what an ADM is
I’m sorry but you seem to lack an understanding of how markets work. You can post the definition of price gouging as many times as you would like but all of your work is still ahead of you in demonstrating that it applies to a limited edition performance car such as the Mach 1.

Have you thought about submitting a complaint against ford for price gouging to your state attorney general? If not, why?

You clearly have never really looked into purchasing a limited production car.
I can list the limited production cars I own/have owned if you’d like. I’ve never paid full msrp on a single one. I can also provide a list of limited production cars I wanted to purchase but didn’t due to being unable to find one priced where I wanted.

The problem is when SO MANY dealerships are price gouging (because yes, that’s EXACTLY what they’re doing),
Its still not price gouging, please see above.

the only way to find one that isn’t over MSRP is by personally knowing someone who will sell it to you for MSRP, because everyone else already flocks to those dealerships and you NEED some sort of relationship with that dealership to establish priority.
I don’t personally know a dealer, yet I found multiple dealers that would sell for msrp, and a couple that would sell less than msrp. In my search for this car, I called over 50 dealers and emailed at least 50 more. I’m purchasing from a dealer almost 1,800 miles away.

Stop defending these piece of shit dealerships, because CLEARLY this whole beta ass “just shop somewhere else” mentality isn’t helping solve the problem
I’m not defending dealerships lol. I’m just stating facts. Your emotion over this is complicating your understanding of how markets work, particularly regarding non-essential, limited goods.

The reason “just shop somewhere else” isn’t solving the problem is because in our free market, there are enough buyers willing to pay the asking prices. In my neighborhood there is a limited supply of homes. There is never more than one listed at a time, at least that I can remember. Each time a house sells (always over asking btw), the next house gets listed at a higher price despite them all being very similar. In this particular area prices have gone up something like 15% a year. Is that price gouging? Would you argue that the sellers should accept the lowest offer they receive? Will you accuse me of price gouging if I sell my house for more than a prospective buyer thinks I should have?

Also, what would you say fits the definition of “beta ass”…….putting in the work to find a good deal and refusing to pay ADM or complaining about it endlessly online?

Help what? We are all individual consumers here. This isn’t a team lol. If someone wants to overpay for a car…. that’s on them. If you don’t like ADM’s don’t pay them. I won’t. If Ford only builds a limited number of cars and I can’t get one, I’ll buy something else.

It sounds like you would like to see the government get involved and mandate how many Mach 1’s ford has to build to satisfy the customer base. Maybe while they’re at it they can also set the pricing. I’m quite certain our new dear leader and his commie sidekick would be all ears to this plan if you’d like to pitch it to them!
Sponsored