Looked on cars.com and saw Mach1 ads

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Looks like about half of the Mach1s listed on cars.com are Fighter Jet Grey and most have MSRPs of right around $60k. No pictures yet, but a few Window sticker links if you go to the dealer's site. Looks like we'll be seeing a lot of orange calipered FJG Machs running around this summer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
traxiii

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
here we go again
How many times do these Ford dealers think they can gouge us with what turns out to be a not so limited, over-priced, parts bin and decal car? In Silicone Valley it is unlimited.

I plan on shopping for my Mach in October on cars.com and others like it and I don't care where in the continental 48 I have to go to get a descent deal. Planning on making it a cool road trip vacation anyway.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
How many times do these Ford dealers think they can gouge us with what turns out to be a not so limited, over-priced, parts bin and decal car? In Silicone Valley it is unlimited.

I plan on shopping for my Mach in October on cars.com and others like it and I don't care where in the continental 48 I have to go to get a descent deal. Planning on making it a cool road trip vacation anyway.
It’s not gouging. It’s capitalism. The other side of that coin is that youre free to not shop there. Just find a different dealer and let them sit on product they can’t sell

Sponsored

OP
OP
traxiii

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
You know, you're right, but I will never buy a car from my local dealer. Those guys had a $100K ADM on a GT500 Carbon, $75K on a Base GT500 and $50K for a GT350R, all on the same showroom floor together. Anyone stupid enough to buy any of those and lose half of their value driving off the lot deserves to lose it.

I will never pay MSRP much less ADM if I can get it from somewhere else for less.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know, you're right, but I will never buy a car from my local dealer. Those guys had a $100K ADM on a GT500 Carbon, $75K on a Base GT500 and $50K for a GT350R, all on the same showroom floor together. Anyone stupid enough to buy any of those and lose half of their value driving off the lot deserves to lose it.

I will never pay MSRP much less ADM if I can get it from somewhere else for less.
You live on the west coast? That sounds like the dealers out here

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase

there's rich people who wouldn't bat an eye about losing 100k. that's a fun night out to them.

OP
OP
traxiii

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
You live on the west coast? That sounds like the dealers out here
In the Belly of the Beast of Censorship, Heart of Cancel Culture, but the weather's great. So yes that would be true.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not gouging. It’s capitalism. The other side of that coin is that youre free to not shop there. Just find a different dealer and let them sit on product they can’t sell
Price gouging definition; “an act or instance of charging customers too high a price for goods or services, especially when demand is high and supplies are limited”

So, Mach 1 is limited production and in high demand, and dealerships charging significantly over fair market value ISN’T price gouging?

don’t be an idiot. With a limited production car, it’s not as easy as simply “finding a different dealer”. This is purely greed and scummy business practice

And stop fucking blaming capitalism

Sponsored
OP
OP
traxiii

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Price gouging definition; “an act or instance of charging customers too high a price for goods or services, especially when demand is high and supplies are limited”

So, Mach 1 is limited production and in high demand, and dealerships charging significantly over fair market value ISN’T price gouging?

don’t be an idiot. With a limited production car, it’s not as easy as simply “finding a different dealer”. This is purely greed and scummy business practice

Well, I don't think they will be as limited as either the Bullitt or GT350, and finding either of those after they had been on dealership for 5 or 6 months wasn't a problem. 8 Months ago even here there were Bullitts for $4K-$5K under MSRP, and black ones were that price in 2019. GT350s can be had new still for under MSRP, you just have to look and or travel.

I really don't think I will have a problem in October, finding the deal I need to be able to buy a Mach1. The biggest issue might be finding one that isn't FJG.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I don't think they will be as limited as either the Bullitt or GT350, and finding either of those after they had been on dealership for 5 or 6 months wasn't a problem. 8 Months ago even here there were Bullitts for $4K-$5K under MSRP, and black ones were that price in 2019.
Bullitts weren’t limited production, and it took the GT350 YEARS to get to the point that you could buy one AT MSRP without knowing someone. The Mach 1 will most likely be more rare than either of those cars

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

You’re misunderstanding what I wrote. No where did I blame capitalism. I’m simply defining it. Trying to control what dealers ask for on a limited edition mustang would actually be anti-capitalism. We’re not talking about something essential like food or water. Price gouging does not apply here.
and yes it is as simple as finding a different dealer. Find one that doesn’t charge ridiculous prices for a limited edition. If you can’t, then you either pay the going rate or find a different car to buy. Welcome to the free market. I personally don’t like the practice of charging adm’s but the correct response is to not pay them. Getting emotional about is a waste of your time.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Bullitts weren’t limited production, and it took the GT350 YEARS to get to the point that you could buy one AT MSRP without knowing someone. The Mach 1 will most likely be more rare than either of those cars
Agreed, Bullitts were made to meet demand from what I read. The Mach1 will be a set limited production similar to Shelby, from what I understand. What is that # is what I would love to know. I read somewhere that Canada is only getting 44
Sponsored