Sponsored

Local dealer got another Mach 1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Not sure if it fell off the truck on the way here or what. Front bumper is scratched. Tail light is broken. And they just put it out on the lot like it’s no big deal :cwl:
The used gt350 was in pretty rough shape as well. They are asking over its original ‘19 msrp. Not sure on the Mach 1 but I think they have been consistently $10k over msrp

1B3779E9-3630-40A0-A937-6839447DEC53.jpeg

D676B40B-1B13-4864-8A85-F7457E156F2F.jpeg

733AE2B3-E164-4191-BC17-C1FCE44F4A80.jpeg

91A751EE-7C15-4E19-B448-4C6B5D7FE8C2.jpeg

C26BE7E6-BC20-461A-A1B9-CC93F6483DB4.jpeg

E70FC371-D233-47D2-96EF-2FCC66DB2DCD.jpeg

F773377A-0047-47F1-9997-7A7D98DFCEC1.jpeg
Sponsored

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
I always wonder:

1. Where is the attention to detail?

2. Why don't they fix it beforehand?

3. They'll 'get to it later'

4. Are they simply careless and don't give a damn?

5. All of the above ....

-

Obsidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 White
That's a shame...I don't doubt they'll still include at least $1500 in add-ons for window tint and door guards etc.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
They'll fix all that stuff for whoever buys it. All things considered it's minor but still.... I get it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They'll fix all that stuff for whoever buys it. All things considered it's minor but still.... I get it.
I’m sure you’re right. I just was surprised to see it out in front bringing in traffic and a quick walk around reveals things that i would have addressed before showing it off. Not to mention the rear deck panel was all swirled up from its one wash :frown:
Sometimes it’s hard to remember not everyone is nuts about these cars like we are

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Wonder if it left Flat Rock that way, or the person who "detailed" it prior to parking it up on the lot damaged it during the wash and detail process, and just pretended it didn't happen. Either way, both seem believable.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I’m sure you’re right. I just was surprised to see it out in front bringing in traffic and a quick walk around reveals things that i would have addressed before showing it off. Not to mention the rear deck panel was all swirled up from its one wash :frown:
Sometimes it’s hard to remember not everyone is nuts about these cars like we are
I really want to get PPF on the rear decklid due to that and seeing how it was on my previous one but I have a feeling that would involve breaking the Mach 1 emblem since they are glued/melted on. I guess I'd have to get a new one and just 3M tape it or tape the old one?

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really want to get PPF on the rear decklid due to that and seeing how it was on my previous one but I have a feeling that would involve breaking the Mach 1 emblem since they are glued/melted on. I guess I'd have to get a new one and just 3M tape it or tape the old one?
My PPF guy covered that panel and cut around the emblem. I don’t think there’s anyway to remove it without damaging it. I can post a pic for you later when I pick the car up from the dealer after work. It’s hardly noticeable

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My PPF guy covered that panel and cut around the emblem. I don’t think there’s anyway to remove it without damaging it. I can post a pic for you later when I pick the car up from the dealer after work. It’s hardly noticeable
That's exactly what I prefer happening. I know some high end detailers that will remove emblems completely and order a new set and put them on for customers. We're talking Ferrari's and Lambo's though so there's that, lol.

Sponsored

AUsomTiger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Add Nav to it and you have my build.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
So wait what all did you PPF and how much did it run you? I'm guessing you had it done after taking delivery....

Regarding the overpriced Mach, the dealer probably doesn't think the damage is a big deal and will wait till someone complains to repair it. You are absolutely correct in that the majority of the population do not really care for cars nor understand how they work, and buy based on brand perception. I would further say half of the 'real' car people just want to be able to brag about the latest and greatest model / horsepower numbers / 0-60 times as a status thing. This is especially true in the medical field with high paid surgeons/etc, but I'm generalizing there.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
So wait what all did you PPF and how much did it run you? I'm guessing you had it done after taking delivery....

Regarding the overpriced Mach, the dealer probably doesn't think the damage is a big deal and will wait till someone complains to repair it. You are absolutely correct in that the majority of the population do not really care for cars nor understand how they work, and buy based on brand perception. I would further say half of the 'real' car people just want to be able to brag about the latest and greatest model / horsepower numbers / 0-60 times as a status thing. This is especially true in the medical field with high paid surgeons/etc, but I'm generalizing there.
On average, full front PPF, mirrors runs anywhere from $1000-$1200. $50-$100 for additional areas like the decklid. $3000-$4000 for a full car PPF.

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yes I had it done locally. Ordered through granger and it shipped here. Sat in the garage for a month waiting for my appointment which was torture. I had front bumper, hood, fenders, rear deck panel, large area in front of the rear tires, and the painted section below the side stripes done in PPF. With paint prep and ceramic over the whole car including wheels and brake calipers it was about $4200 before tax. This was done by the best guy in the Pacific Northwest. And lucky for me his prices are better than the other shops I had looked into. Well worth it to me because the car cleans up very nicely and I have a little less stress driving it worrying about rocks. Plus I plan to keep this car a long time so I wanted to preserve the paint.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Yes I had it done locally. Ordered through granger and it shipped here. Sat in the garage for a month waiting for my appointment which was torture. I had front bumper, hood, fenders, rear deck panel, large area in front of the rear tires, and the painted section below the side stripes done in PPF. With paint prep and ceramic over the whole car including wheels and brake calipers it was about $4200 before tax. This was done by the best guy in the Pacific Northwest. And lucky for me his prices are better than the other shops I had looked into. Well worth it to me because the car cleans up very nicely and I have a little less stress driving it worrying about rocks. Plus I plan to keep this car a long time so I wanted to preserve the paint.
Oh man. I can't imagine having it sit around for a month!

I am debating the necessity of ceramic coating on top of the PPF. I am already decided on PPF- I was cleaning my MX-5 yesterday and was just floored by all of the damage to the front fascia from rock chips despite not tailgating / taking meticulous care of my car.....I'm sure a lot of that has to do with all of the interstate driving I do now and all of the pickups out here without mudguards/etc. Anyway better to buy the PPF rather than be pissed every time one of those dudes cuts in front of me. But once you have the PPF on areas you expect potential damage, is ceramic coating that much of an added benefit aside from easier cleaning?
Sponsored