Sponsored

Local area Performance Shop recommendations?

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
I'm planning to add a Whipple SC, OPG, suspension and tune to my GT. I know of HPP in Lewisville and Lone Star Performance in Addison. Is there ant other shops I'm missing or are these the main ones in DFW?

Thank you!
Sponsored

Flyfaster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Magentic PP GT
I'm planning to add a Whipple SC, OPG, suspension and tune to my GT. I know of HPP in Lewisville and Lone Star Performance in Addison. Is there ant other shops I'm missing or are these the main ones in DFW?

Thank you!
Although there are a couple bad apples (shops) it's all preference man.. You won't find any shop that hasn't had a bad experience/complaint from a customer. That being said, in my experiences - I've been treated well by Dusold Designs and True Street. I've heard good things about Precision Mustang Performance out of Forney as well.

You didn't mention bad shops at all.. again, just preference man. Good luck :cheers:

OP
OP

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Although there are a couple bad apples (shops) it's all preference man.. You won't find any shop that hasn't had a bad experience/complaint from a customer. That being said, in my experiences - I've been treated well by Dusold Designs and True Street. I've heard good things about Precision Mustang Performance out of Forney as well.

You didn't mention bad shops at all.. again, just preference man. Good luck :cheers:
I'm new to the Mustang world so I'm looking for a good quality shop with a good reputation. I would also like information on possible shops to avoid. You can pm me if you would prefer.

I've had good conversations with the 2 shops I've mentioned and just want to do my due diligence on a shop to do the work. Thanks

Flyfaster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Magentic PP GT
I've had a lot of good experiences there in the past, but recently they weren't sure if they could rebuild my custom powder coated GT500 brakes and to come up there, so I passed. I was doing a lot a of traveling for work at the time so I didnt have time to rebuild and put them on myself, without it taking forever that is. However, after all the previous years and work Ive had them take on with my other cars I don't have a bad thing to say.

Sponsored

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered

I've used all these shops with good experiences and results. I've had basic things done up to cam installs done. Hpp is a very busy shop so turn around time can get extended to ridiculous times. @chargedguard can tell you from personal experience.

Flyfaster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Magentic PP GT
I've used all these shops with good experiences and results. I've had basic things done up to cam installs done. Hpp is a very busy shop so turn around time can get extended to ridiculous times. @chargedguard can tell you from personal experience.
Love ya in a totally hetero way bro, but theres more to it than being busy! 1.5 mechanics, etc etc.. but again defer to @chargedguard for an example.

OP
OP

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I met with DuSold Designs today, very nice guys and impressive shop!

Slow Five-O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 DIB GT
Kinda late on this as I'm browsing, but HPP as you mentioned and precision mustang performance are my 2 favorites in the area.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Did you get it done?
I had Disorder do the suspension work and they did a great job and they are easy to work with. I'm now looking to pull the trigger on a TT kit from LPF.

OP
OP

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I had Disorder do the suspension work and they did a great job and they are easy to work with. I'm now looking to pull the trigger on a TT kit from LPF.
The TT kit came in more than I was wanting to spend so I went with VMP Stage 3 Gen II-R:D, it will ship out the first week of January

OP
OP

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I ordered OPG and sprocket gear and that looks well above my comfort level. The SC install is probably straight forward but I'll probably have the ship install it as well. What SC do you have?
Sponsored