• Total voters

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
You have no clue what a hassle this has been. Just about every contact with LMS has been done by me. I believe I have given them the benefit of the doubt, but you are correct. It is ridiculous to do the CAI, smaller pulley, higher compression and get 10 more rwhp. I have never seen the original dyno video and am requesting a video on this last dyno run. I am not a happy customer. Trying to understand how LMS does business. Always have to bug my salesman to give feedback. I am a patient man, but near the end.
I can only imagine how frustrating and stressful this has been for you and all of us giving our opinions has probably not made it any easier. in the long run I hope it all works out and your car meets or exceeds all your expectations.
Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
You have no clue what a hassle this has been. Just about every contact with LMS has been done by me. I believe I have given them the benefit of the doubt, but you are correct. It is ridiculous to do the CAI, smaller pulley, higher compression and get 10 more rwhp. I have never seen the original dyno video and am requesting a video on this last dyno run. I am not a happy customer. Trying to understand how LMS does business. Always have to bug my salesman to give feedback. I am a patient man, but near the end.
I know I’m going to sound like a dick and really not trying to, but the windstorm is a subpar system and the tuning must be shit.

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT

Sorry to read about these issues, you my friend, are much more patient than I ever could be. The company I work for- would not tolerate me providing half a@# customer service, I would be on a warning of some type. We have to maintain contact with the customer at all times.I feel that you being the initator on a consistent basis is poor customer service. I hope this gets resolved ASAP buddy. Once I get my 19- I’ll definitely be looking elsewhere for my mods.Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Sorry to read about these issues, you my friend, are much more patient than I ever could be. The company I work for- would not tolerate me providing half a@# customer service, I would be on a warning of some type. We have to maintain contact with the customer at all times and you having to constantly initiate it, is poor service. I hope this gets resolved ASAP buddy. Once I get my 19- I’ll definitely be looking elsewhere for my mods.Good luck.
You are exactly correct. I have been a CFP, financial advisor for over 25 years. Ethics and integrity is everything. Though really partly retired, I coach brokers all ever the country. These are the best of the best. I never, ever, have to discuss customer service or ethics. They already have them. Many years ago my assistant made a 400K+ trade mistakenly. The mistake was caught by her a day later and she told me immediately about it. We reversed the trades which amounted to many thousands of dollars of market loss. I contacted my client IMMEDIATELY and explained the error. They were wealthy as many clients are and said "no problem, Bob, don't worry about it". To which I responded, how sorry I was, how we messed up and they would NEVER be obligated to pay any of my mistakes, EVER, for any reason. I was sorry for the mixup and paperwork they would see, but we did all on our end. I ate that large loss because it was our error. Many times a client would not understand an investment or estate plan. We always treated them as if they were my parents. I did tons of stuff for my clients free. It took years to build our business from scratch, but when I left we split my branch and the assets went to other top notch people that I FULLY vetted. We ended up one of the largest and most profitable branches in the firm.
My assistant even received her very large bonus that year because she made a mistake and mistakes happen. My ladies were and are awesome and I protect them as my children. But a deliberate lie was always an immediate termination event. Always.

I did email my salesman who told me that the cai would add 20 rwhp. That was separate from the smaller pulley. I get the feeling that there is not good communication between the salesman and the guys doing the work. I am not a person that likes assumptions or "ballpark" type of comments. At this point I just want to get the car back in good running condition. I personally like many of the folks there, but am very disappointed with the recent news.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
They have the car running as of last week. Is waiting Dyno and tuning. Very slow. I'm hoping for an update but will contact them by Friday if I don't get a call or email before then. The car has now been there well over a month again. Including the original install the car has been at LMS for at least 10 weeks. I do understand some of the time constraints, but it does get frustrating. I've signed up for the Mustang Memories at Ford World Headquarters later in August. So, no real updates, thanks for asking.
I'm signed up for MM too. I'll keep an eye out for you. I know the story is here, but I wouldn't mind hearing about right from you and see that new boosted engine! Good luck.

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
My take on this is that they went super conservative on the tune. Probably more so than Ford. Due to the attention this is getting, seems like CYA is better than posting outstanding numbers.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
All your time, frustration, and $$$ for 574 rwhp. And you still don't have your car back. I'd personally be coming inside out with dissapointment/rage. Props to you for keeping calm up to this point.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I hate to be the one that said it but I’ll say again.....if they couldn’t tune a sub 600whp car with stock motor id have ZERO hope they could tune a 700 or more whp car with a built motor. Now you’re stuck with a car that makes no power and if you take it elsewhere to have it tuned properly to say 650whp you’re SOL when it comes to any warranty on a $7000 motor. Sorry you had to learn the hard way OP. At this point take your car back before those useless fucks blow up a built motor trying to make 600whp.

Last edited:

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
I hate to be the be that said but I’ll say again.....if they couldn’t tune a sub 600whp car with stock motor id have ZERO hope they could tune a 700 or more whp car with a built motor. Now you’re stuck in with a car that makes no power and if you take it elsewhere to have it tuned properly to say 650whp you’re SOL when it comes to any warranty on a $7000 motor. Sorry you had to learn the hard way OP. At this point take your car back before those useless fucks blow up a built motor trying to make 600whp.
Wow. :shock:

Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
What is the the guys name at Livernois that actually does the tuning. Please don't tell me they outsource to Bama. Although I don't think Bama tunes F/I for obvious reasons.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Wow...... I cant think of anything else to say other then wow............. All that money. and that WHP is it. Sorry OP. I hope at the end of the day when you get your car back you are happy with it. I guess thats all that matters.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Im not upset or mocking the OP. I’m upset at the way this whole thing has gone for him.
Upsets me. Makes me think of that poor guy in another thread on here that has a shop installing a new engine and FI, now new computer, then a wiring harness, then ..?? Makes my conspiracy theory brain cells go into overdrive. Note to self, double cross fingers if/when I ever need to take a car into a shop.

OP, chances are it will be a solid runner, hopefully it ends up being what you wanted. I only ended up around 580whp, and cant really push for much more due to my crap 91 octaine gas. So unless you have premo 93 or were going E85 you might be in the upper limit due to pump gas anyway. Have them fill it up with race gas and do a hero tune for you to see what it's really made of. Half kidding on that one, but would be fun as a spectator.

Last edited:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Take the car back, enjoy it as-is whilst you have the warranty on the built motor, then turn up the wick with a different tuner.

Wouldn’t want to spend $7k on a motor then get them off the hook by voiding the warranty with a different tune.

If anything, take the car to a different dyno and have it run to see numbers and get some feedback on how it’s running with the LMS tune.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
If a shop can not tune a new engine in one day they do not know what the hell they are doing.
Get your warranty in writing on your new motor from these guys.
Sponsored