GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Again, I started this thread to get input. And, I thank everyone for the input. There is no way to know if the tune caused the damage to the engine. I did not like the tune that LMS put on the car, but I believe that is a separate issue from the damage done. Yes, it is possible the tune did all the damage. And, I am not convinced that LMS did a real dyno tune, but used the tune they developed for all the Magnuson S550 cars. Just installed the tune which had been a proven tune. A stock S550 automatic making 519/564 tq/HP is serious power with stock exhaust, etc.
I have pm'd other members of this site with this exact setup and they have had no issues for many thousands of miles. Most were not crazy about the LMS tune, but none had engine issues. So, gas? Tune? Stock engine out of spec? Don't know.
As I told Steve, with them making the short block, dyno tune, etc. They are on the hook for making this car very dependable with the max HP/TQ the system can safely deliver. The car should be done soon and then we will see how it performs.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
That's a simple MAF transfer function adjustment. :headbonk:
The pulley has been changed for more boost and the bottom end is now 11.5:1, not 11:1. The rotating assembly is a different weight being forged, so I think there is more to it than that.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Again, I started this thread to get input. And, I thank everyone for the input. There is no way to know if the tune caused the damage to the engine. I did not like the tune that LMS put on the car, but I believe that is a separate issue from the damage done. Yes, it is possible the tune did all the damage. And, I am not convinced that LMS did a real dyno tune, but used the tune they developed for all the Magnuson S550 cars. Just installed the tune which had been a proven tune. A stock S550 automatic making 519/564 tq/HP is serious power with stock exhaust, etc.
I have pm'd other members of this site with this exact setup and they have had no issues for many thousands of miles. Most were not crazy about the LMS tune, but none had engine issues. So, gas? Tune? Stock engine out of spec? Don't know.
As I told Steve, with them making the short block, dyno tune, etc. They are on the hook for making this car very dependable with the max HP/TQ the system can safely deliver. The car should be done soon and then we will see how it performs.
I wish the best of luck with this new setup and calibration. I know what it's like to loose your motor (mine OPG failure) after the first year with forced induction. I put in new short block and have been on it with 100 hp more since then, and have been having lots of fun with it. You've had a great attitude from the start with this, and in the end I'm sure you will have a renewed appeciation for what these cars are capable of. Keep us posted on your progress, and may the Whine be strong with you my friend.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I wish the best of luck with this new setup and calibration. I know what it's like to loose your motor (mine OPG failure) after the first year with forced induction. I put in new short block and have been on it with 100 hp more since then, and have been having lots of fun with it. You've had a great attitude from the start with this, and in the end I'm sure you will have a renewed appeciation for what these cars are capable of. Keep us posted on your progress, and may the Whine be strong with you my friend.
Well said!

Stang1586

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
any new updates?

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
They have the car running as of last week. Is waiting Dyno and tuning. Very slow. I'm hoping for an update but will contact them by Friday if I don't get a call or email before then. The car has now been there well over a month again. Including the original install the car has been at LMS for at least 10 weeks. I do understand some of the time constraints, but it does get frustrating. I've signed up for the Mustang Memories at Ford World Headquarters later in August. So, no real updates, thanks for asking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I sent an email to my salesman who told me the car dyno'd 574rwhp and I said I thought it was disappointing. They put a smaller pulley on: 3.1 vs 3.4, Cai and higher compression: 11.0 vs 11.5. so 10 more hp from the stock 564 seems low as some of these same setups are doing over 600. I hope to have the car back soon and will be at Mustang Memories at Ford's World Headquarters on the 19th.

Stang1586

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How many lbs of boost is the car running? Do you plan on running the car to see what it traps?
I sent an email to my salesman who told me the car dyno'd 574rwhp and I said I thought it was disappointing. They put a smaller pulley on: 3.1 vs 3.4, Cai and higher compression: 11.0 vs 11.5. so 10 more hp from the stock 564 seems low as some of these same setups are doing over 600. I hope to have the car back soon and will be at Mustang Memories at Ford's World Headquarters on the 19th.

Sponsored

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My car made 591 with the 3.3 pulley and is an auto. Your rep is stupid or wtf. How can you go down from 3.4 pulley to 3.1, with cai and higher compression motor and gain 10 whp. I hope that a mess up or get your money back. That’s some bs. I’m so Glad I got a BAP and went to palm beach Dyno with Rob, car drives 10 times better and he did it all with one tune and car runs perfect. can’t wait to Dyno it and see the new powa she makes.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
How many lbs of boost is the car running? Do you plan on running the car to see what it traps?
I really have no details yet. I'm thinking of Milan some time this summer/fall.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
You have no clue what a hassle this has been. Just about every contact with LMS has been done by me. I believe I have given them the benefit of the doubt, but you are correct. It is ridiculous to do the CAI, smaller pulley, higher compression and get 10 more rwhp. I have never seen the original dyno video and am requesting a video on this last dyno run. I am not a happy customer. Trying to understand how LMS does business. Always have to bug my salesman to give feedback. I am a patient man, but near the end.

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You have no clue what a hassle this has been. Just about every contact with LMS has been done by me. I believe I have given them the benefit of the doubt, but you are correct. It is ridiculous to do the CAI, smaller pulley, higher compression and get 10 more rwhp. I have never seen the original dyno video and am requesting a video on this last dyno run. I am not a happy customer. Trying to understand how LMS does business. Always have to bug my salesman to give feedback. I am a patient man, but near the end.
I bet man. Sorry to hear that. Makes no sense to add a cai that should add 10-20 hp plus the smaller pulley and high compression engine wtf
Sponsored