Little Q&A About Tire Replacement

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
I just put on a set of Blizzak L32's predicated on where I live and advice received from friends with similar rides. They were pretty pricey but grip well and don't make a lot of noise. I was surprised how well they stick for a "winter tire". Hopefully they live up to all the positive reviews in low-moderate snow conditions. That said, when replacing the original summer tires (P-Zeros) are you boys putting on summer performance sneakers or are you going with all-season ultra performance tires? Appreciate the feedback
Sponsored

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
Came in here hoping for a line lock video with blizzaks. I'm disappointed Wayne.

OP
OP
kinchy

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Give me time anything is possible...

RegDir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT Premium w/ PP
I've been running summer tires pretty much 8 months a year in NJ going on 15 years with 4 different cars. The best UHP A/S is no match for good summer tire in my experience although the Conti DSWs I just put on are pretty darn good.

Great summer tires are like meth, one hit and your hooked on a very expensive habit.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
I battled with that decision.
Ultimately I went with the performance all-season tires. Mainly because spring and fall in Toronto conditions can change fast. I would never intentionally use them in snow (bought X-Ice) but didn't want to get caught by changing to early in the spring or too late in the fall.

Sponsored

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
I had my '16 GT PP less than 24 hours before it was up in the air getting Continental DWS 06 all-season tires mounted. I've had them two weeks now and love 'em. They grip great and are fantastic in the rain. They're also the best rated all-season tires for snow. I don't plan on driving a sports coupe in heavy snow, which is fairly common in western Connecticut. But I wanted to feel confident driving in light to moderate snow. I also don't want to change tires twice a year, so I went with all-seasons.
Mustang.jpg

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
DWS 06's here too. We don't typically get a lot of snow, but it gets pretty damn cold (not to you East Coast people) and I can't believe how aggressively I can drive even in 20* weather. I was going to sell my P-Zero's, but now that I just bought new wheels, I'm thinking about putting the P-Zero's back on the stock rims and may just switch wheel sets in my garage. I figure P-Zero's and stock rims for June, July, and August. Then, DWS and SVE Series 3 wheels the rest of the year.

OP
OP
kinchy

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Thanks boys - I have a much better understanding of my options. I'll slap the P-Zero's back on in April wear em down and focus on one of the top three all season ultra performance sneakers. Probably get a set of wheels to minimize all the related BS..
Sponsored