Sponsored

Litany of issues on 2017 Mustang GT convertible - rattles, antenna issues, clunks

Adrian Cable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2017 GT Convertible
Hi,
I bought a new 2017 Mustang GT convertible (automatic) around a month back and have since done 2500 miles on it. The car has quite a few problems which are each minor but together really annoying ... I have it booked into Veracom Ford in San Mateo tomorrow to take a look at but I wonder in advance if anyone has some advice (e.g. pointers to TSBs) that can improve the odds of them getting everything sorted. There's quite a bit on the forums on these types of issues but several of them don't seem to be definitive, e.g. on the Sirius antenna issue which many people seemed to have with 2016 model year vehicles but not 2017 ... my car was manufactured 6/16 so wondered if it fell between the gaps.

1. Reception issue with Sirius radio. While driving through regions even with an unobstructed view of the sky (e.g. freeways), typically every few minutes the sound cuts out for a few seconds and "Acquiring satellite" message is displayed.
2. Rattles inside the car. One which sounds like a free screw on the driver's side, near the point where the convertible top touches the strut adjoining the front windshield, inside the strut (noise still present with the top down). Another which sounds like plastic on plastic, somewhere inside the unit next to the passenger seat where the seatbelt comes out of. Both very noticeable when driving on rough roads. Should I experience any rattles at all with a new car?
3. Clunk/thud when moving from R to D, or from D to R. Thud is sufficiently strong to shake the car.
4. Jerks/thud when the car changes gear, especially from 1 to 2 - may be related to #3.
5. Irregular rumble when idle - NOT the normal V8 Coyote growl. Every 5-6 seconds there is a "bump" which feels like someone hitting the underside of the driver's seat.

Appreciate any thoughts on which if any of the above might be dismissed as being "normal" and/or hints on how to guide the dealership to get them fixed as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

-Adrian
Sponsored