Sponsored

List of Ford Dealerships That Don't Charge ADM

NFA Review Channel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 MB E300, 2017 Aprilia Tuono 1100 factory, 2016 HD Sportster 48, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale, 2014 Tundra TRD
Every dealer I call about an 18 R plays games. I think I'm moving on to another car. I refuse to play these back and forth tactics and drink the mighty Ford Kool-aid.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Every dealer I call about an 18 R plays games. I think I'm moving on to another car. I refuse to play these back and forth tactics and drink the mighty Ford Kool-aid.
looks like a few guys on here picked up 18 r models in texas at msrp lately. have you tried there? i don't know if ford cares but from my perspective they have a huge problem with their dealer network. my local dealers alone are enough to push me towards other brands before even comparing the vehicles. i've been looking at gt350's for two years and been turned away because i refuse to pay adm on cars that have been sitting for months on the lot. i'm in a position where i have to overlook some issues with quality on ford's end and then go out of state to buy their product. only to return home and not have a trustworthy dealer that can service it. damn you ford. as a life long mustang buyer this is really shitty. my wife is shopping for a new car at the moment and because of our experience so far dealing with dealers we will not even consider a ford product. if in the next few months i don't figure out a way to find some peace in buying a 350 that will be it for ford from my perspective.

NFA Review Channel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 MB E300, 2017 Aprilia Tuono 1100 factory, 2016 HD Sportster 48, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale, 2014 Tundra TRD
looks like a few guys on here picked up 18 r models in texas at msrp lately. have you tried there? i don't know if ford cares but from my perspective they have a huge problem with their dealer network. my local dealers alone are enough to push me towards other brands before even comparing the vehicles. i've been looking at gt350's for two years and been turned away because i refuse to pay adm on cars that have been sitting for months on the lot. i'm in a position where i have to overlook some issues with quality on ford's end and then go out of state to buy their product. only to return home and not have a trustworthy dealer that can service it. damn you ford. as a life long mustang buyer this is really shitty. my wife is shopping for a new car at the moment and because of our experience so far dealing with dealers we will not even consider a ford product. if in the next few months i don't figure out a way to find some peace in buying a 350 that will be it for ford from my perspective.

Yup, every Texas dealer has AD's for R's at MSRP then you call and its 5-30K ADM all of a sudden lol. I'm done wasting my time with Ford. Time is money and my money is going to another brand.

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
I can't really blame you that much. That is a lot of wasted time and frustration. I found a great deal in Houston and penned it in June of 2016 to order an R. Took 18 months for it to come in.

Anyway, I just saw that Joe Myers Ford has two R's listed on their website. I know the black one is sitting on the showroom floor and they are asking 20 over on the website. I think market right now is MSRP, or MAYBE $2500 over.

Sponsored

OP
OP

AgentOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fred Flintstone, two leg power
@ISHLISS I called this dealership at least 20 times over the past four days to speak with the owner, David, or the General Sales Manager, Lisa. Each time the receptionist sends me to a voicemail which is full. If their voicemail is not full, and you leave a message, David nor Lisa will call you back. Truly shocked at how this dealership operates. Members reading this list, I advise to stay away from this dealership as it will only be a massive pain to deal with.

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
I got my 2017 GT350 from Tom Wood in Indianapolis, Indiana, for $100 under msrp, but this was in October 2016, at that time a pretty good deal. Would think they would be a lot more under now. Easy to work with long distance, highly recommend !

ISHLISS

Chevy & Ford Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro LT1
@ISHLISS I called this dealership at least 20 times over the past four days to speak with the owner, David, or the General Sales Manager, Lisa. Each time the receptionist sends me to a voicemail which is full. If their voicemail is not full, and you leave a message, David nor Lisa will call you back. Truly shocked at how this dealership operates. Members reading this list, I advise to stay away from this dealership as it will only be a massive pain to deal with.

Hey really sorry to hear that, we are a small town dealer with a limited staff. Ill talk to Desa and see what the deal is.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Certainly appreciate and understand your frustration with respect to purchasing a 2018 R model.

In my opinion there are a couple of factors that come into play whereby most all dealerships are still applying an ADM to 2018 R models which is very unfortunate for many individuals such as yourself who want to pull the trigger on one of these outstanding automobiles.

First off Flat Rock produced ~315 or 33% fewer R models for the 2018MY compared to the 2017MY therefore many dealerships this past year did not get an R model allocation for the 2018MY as they did for the 2017MY and the dealerships that did get an allocation for the 2018MY are unfortunately taking advantage of the situation based on much less volume for this past year.

The second factor that also comes into play with all dealerships is that they do not see any GT350R allocations in sight for the upcoming 2019MY. With that being the case and no timeline in sight for the 2019 GT350/R order banks to open up most dealerships are unfortunately playing hardball with respect to supply and demand on the remaining 2018 R models.

Even when the 2019MY order banks do open up it has been my experience that the FR assembly plant would not start production for quite some time after the order banks have been filled and allocations have been assigned.

Having said that I would suggest that there are still some 2018 R's that may be bought reasonably especially around month/quarter end but in many cases it is much about being in the right place at the right time.

Unless you have made up your mind totally that you are moving onto another car I would still keep looking for a 2018 R at a decent price as never say never but more importantly at least from my standpoint I would look towards a 2019 R model and would be ready to make a ton a phone calls once the order banks have opened up and R model allocations have been assigned for the 2019MY.

The other upside of going with a 2019 R is that you can choose exactly what color, stripes, roof and other options that you would want on your car.

Lastly, all depending how the launch of the 2019/2020 GT500 goes there is no question that the new GT500 will have either a positive or negative affect on future pricing of all R models including the upcoming 2019 R models.

Good luck!!

OP
OP

AgentOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
The second factor that also comes into play with all dealerships is that they do not see any GT350R allocations in sight for the upcoming 2019MY. With that being the case and no timeline in sight for the 2019 GT350/R order banks to open up most dealerships are unfortunately playing hardball with respect to supply and demand on the remaining 2018 R models.
They are certainly playing hardball with supply but they are inventing the demand. I don't see lines of potential customers outside any of the ford dealers around me. Their gt350 inventory sits for a long time with adm stickers in the window. On cars.com right now there are 1,061 new shelby's available. Perhaps this number is not completely accurate but its close enough. I would imagine summer is peak buying season for this car and they are all over the place. Midwest dealers advertise up to $5k off shelby's now, during summer! Where are the buyers to support the idea of demand that is supposedly driving adm's???? With so few r's built in 18 I would have thought demand would have outpaced supply and they would have been sold by now. Maybe the number of people willing to pay 10-20% over msrp for a mustang is much smaller than dealers would like to believe......

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
They are certainly playing hardball with supply but they are inventing the demand. I don't see lines of potential customers outside any of the ford dealers around me. Their gt350 inventory sits for a long time with adm stickers in the window. On cars.com right now there are 1,061 new shelby's available. Perhaps this number is not completely accurate but its close enough. I would imagine summer is peak buying season for this car and they are all over the place. Midwest dealers advertise up to $5k off shelby's now, during summer! Where are the buyers to support the idea of demand that is supposedly driving adm's???? With so few r's built in 18 I would have thought demand would have outpaced supply and they would have been sold by now. Maybe the number of people willing to pay 10-20% over msrp for a mustang is much smaller than dealers would like to believe......
With Ford producing ~17,000 900A GT350's over the last 3 MY's it is beyond my comprehension how a dealership can expect an ADM on a 900A GT350 based on those numbers especially nowadays when we are this far along in production volumes.

During that same time period Ford has produced just 2097 920A R models (not counting the 37 VIP R's for the 2015MY) therefore supply and demand for the R model unfortunately comes into play much the same as the 3300 Dodge Demons that are presently commanding some crazy money on the secondary market.

Like yourself I do not condone ADM's but unfortunately they are still prevalent and for the most part relegated to the 920A model.

Once the order banks open up for the 2019MY and production eventually begins in Flat Rock it will be interesting to see where pricing goes especially for any unsold 2018 R models with existing ADM's and of course for the new 2019 R's?

:sunglasses:

OP
OP

AgentOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my 2017 GT350 from Tom Wood in Indianapolis, Indiana, for $100 under msrp, but this was in October 2016, at that time a pretty good deal. Would think they would be a lot more under now. Easy to work with long distance, highly recommend !
Who did you work with there? I have been trying to get the General Sales Manager, Kent, on the phone for a few days now and no luck. I even left a message...

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
The dealer here in Sherwood Arkansas where I bought my 2700 mile GT350 from last year has a new 2018 on the showroom floor advertised at a little over $68,000. About the only one they don't post a picture of the window sticker but I don't think they have increased in MSRP much if any - so ADM is alive and w

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
Who did you work with there? I have been trying to get the General Sales Manager, Kent, on the phone for a few days now and no luck. I even left a message...
Michael Berg.
Sponsored