Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
Apologies for cross-posting this, but I need to make sure people see it so I can get an answer.
There is much interest in enabling line lock through OBD/ForScan. I have successfully done my car and one other, but this morning I tried it on a 2017 car with Sync 3. Even though I've successfully updated both settings (one in ABS, one in IPC), the option appears in the TrackApps menu, but it is greyed out.
Does anyone know anything about enabling link lock in 2017/Sync 3 cars?
Sponsored

FordGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Hi Richard I have a 17 GT with sync 3 and had line lock enabled by a forum member and noticed the same thing. I'm not with the Mustang at the moment but will check this when I get home. I think with ignition on I noticed it was grey not highlighted as you say however with the motor running it was illuminated like the other options!

OP
OP
Zepboy

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
Yeah, that's what we've noticed. It seemed to come right of its own accord. All sorted now and working sweet

lidhar200in

Lidhar200in
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gurinder
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
i am having the same problem, i have enabled both the settings in ABS and IPC but line lock is still greyed out. What should i do, Please help.

Australian Mustang GT Manual Transmission

OP
OP
Zepboy

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
The experience we had the other day was that we did the changes through FORScan and then it stubbornly stayed greyed out. In the driveway we tried putting it in Track mode, turning of traction control etc, all to no avail. I reset the settings and did them again and that made no difference. We thought it was something to do with more recent cars, so we stopped at that point and the guy left my house.
About 20 minutes later, after he'd driven for a bit and stopped and started a couple of times, he noticed that it was no longer greyed out. Unfortunately that's not very helpful.
Also, later the same day I had another 2017 car in the driveway and that worked straight away. Frustrating, because it doesnt illuminate anything.

Sponsored

lidhar200in

Lidhar200in
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gurinder
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks, it worked after i had driven for 5 minutes. just need to start and stop a few times.

FA66ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi guys, I need help on this topic also. I have a 2017 Sync3 car and I am having trouble enabling this feature.? I have accessed the ABS and IPC modules using Forscan but there is no "line lock" description box to tick.? Does it have another name hidden within these modules.? Also, there is no Line Lock function "greyed out" on the dash display..?? Any assistance on this.. Thanks

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
2016 manual triple yellow with gt stripes
my question is how to enable line lock in sync 2.

Thanks

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
No different to sync 3, OBD reader, laptop and forscan
ya and after all those three thing. will it do it automatic or is there any process to it...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zepboy

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
If you cant see the options using your device, then I wonder if your device is reading the OBD properly (or completely). I have an OBDlink MX. I know will read everything. Other devices (lower cost etc) will not read all settings, if that makes sense.

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
If you cant see the options using your device, then I wonder if your device is reading the OBD properly (or completely). I have an OBDlink MX. I know will read everything. Other devices (lower cost etc) will not read all settings, if that makes sense.
Its reading all fine, so wht changes do you make in forscan to activate line lock.

Banditvox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Mustang GT
You need to enable line lock in ABS module and the IPC module with the forscan.