Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Thats going to be awesome, will it be the same old school font or is he thinking he might change it up a bit?
Will this end up being a digital plate that I have seen going around on the internet?
Not sure. I just know they quit doing personalized plates in California for the time being due to Covid. They took my money immediately though. Haha

Not sure about the GT350 font. I assume it will be similar to the old school font though. He has a design in mind in his head as of now.
Sponsored

VUDU615

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 HEP
Not sure. I just know they quit doing personalized plates in California for the time being due to Covid. They took my money immediately though. Haha

Not sure about the GT350 font. I assume it will be similar to the old school font though. He has a design in mind in his head as of now.
Ever since you starting posting updates about your project, it has pushed my plans into hyperdrive and I am getting all sort of new ideas for my car.

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP

Iā€™m sure they took your money, same here, I applied for a plate, check cashed and nothing! As much as whatā€™s right and fair to me, Iā€™m not going to fight this MESS of a system! Gonna let it go and chalk it up as a bad decision on my part!! They need the money more then I do!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
As far as the side stripes think we are going to paint them on. Heā€™s looking into hand painting the GT350 as opposed to taping it.
Does that mean every panel on the car will be sanded and re-cleared? It sounds like there will be painted stripes painted on every panel. I know they sanded and cleared over my bumpers, hood, trunk and roof because those were striped. If the entire car gets done, you should also have a much smoother surface than any factory paint job.

edit: just realized the rear quarters may get spared since the stripes behind the doors will be on a separate piece.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Does that mean every panel on the car will be sanded and re-cleared? It sounds like there will be painted stripes painted on every panel. I know they sanded and cleared over my bumpers, hood, trunk and roof because those were striped. If the entire car gets done, you should also have a much smoother surface than any factory paint job.

edit: just realized the rear quarters may get spared since the stripes behind the doors will be on a separate piece.
If he can afford it, Iā€™d reclear the whole car as well. No human can shoot as thin as a factory Ford clear coat ;-)
Four coats of quality clear and a complete polish will go a long ways in a stunning finish.

Sponsored

ATB042

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda S2000, GT350R KR717
If I was redoing the OTT stripes, I would leave the rocker stripes and remove the current gen GT350 emblems off and put a Cobra snake badge like on the grill of the GT500 on there.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
If I was redoing the OTT stripes, I would leave the rocker stripes and remove the current gen GT350 emblems off and put a Cobra snake badge like on the grill of the GT500 on there.
Funny you say this.... I have a solution for mine in the works. Once I get it painted and put on Iā€™ll send pics.

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
I mentioned possibility of removing the emblem. This was his take on it.

ā€œThe GT350 "jewelery" is important but doesn't need that redundant "repeat" down below....especially with the black "vent" in the same panel. I think the answer will be to properly redesign the lettering and then reposition it farther back on the door so it becomes it's own design element rather competing with the other points.ā€

Will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

Just a thought.....
Is it possible for the moderators to remove slingblades story and all responses concerning from this thread and put it in its own, separate thread? I mean it deserves it.
Good idea. I will start a separate thread for any future updates. Definitely shouldnā€™t be hijacking this thread.

Sponsored

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
It's not hijacking. It's just evolved into something that deserves its own thread. It's actually history in the making, literally.
Agreed 100%.
Selfishly I'm hoping this eventually becomes a "package" available to HEP owners. I'd love to do something like this one I've driven through my warranty.... and finally get it delivered as it should have been the first time (will all proper gaps and fitment too).

I keep looking at my car from above and can't help but think how much more defined the creases and bulge in the center of the hood will be when painted guardsman blue. I never truly appreciated the shape of the hood until I drove my own car. That and the peaks of the fenders surprised me too. I immediately was reminiscing of my dad's 1974 Corvette and the mountain sized peaks on either side of your driving view..... but but I digress....

I can't wait to follow the new thread and see what comes of it. Thank you again for sharing @slingblade

Last edited:

VUDU615

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 HEP

ā€œThe GT350 "jewelery" is important but doesn't need that redundant "repeat" down below....especially with the black "vent" in the same panel. I think the answer will be to properly redesign the lettering and then reposition it farther back on the door so it becomes it's own design element rather competing with the other points.ā€

Good idea. I will start a separate thread for any future updates. Definitely shouldnā€™t be hijacking this thread.
Can you drop the link to your new thread once you have created it?

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R

Will be interesting to see how that comes out.

And as for the new thread, I think it will be better because I'm sure that it'll hit the homepage and it will probably attract attention so people that in the future who are interested can follow. It'll be alot easier to track and see your progress than having to dig through 180+ pages.

Don't really think you are hijacking, just increasing visibility.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Agreed 100%.
Selfishly I'm hoping this eventually becomes a "package" available to HEP owners. I'd love to do something like this one I've driven through my warranty.... and finally get it delivered as it should have been the first time (will all proper gaps and fitment too).

I keep looking at my car from above and can't help but think how much more defined the creases and bulge in the center of the hood will be when painted guardsman blue. I never truly appreciated the shape of the hood until I drove my own car. That and the peaks of the fenders surprised me too. I immediately was reminiscing of my dad's 1974 Corvette and the mountain sides peaks on either side of your driving view..... but but I digress....

I can't wait to follow the new thread and see what comes of it. Thank you again for sharing @slingblade
I hope your wish comes true, but I have a feeling that @slingblade will have a one of a kind. I'm not into stripes (personal preference), but if I had an opportunity for Mr. Brock to personally design stripes for my car, I would do it in a heartbeat. It would be like having a one of a kind piece of art. Happy for slingblade.
Sponsored