Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor
I understand your dilemma, but I think you will add to the story of your car by having Mr. Brock involved with painting your stripes, Plus I think it will look better!
Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Until this stripe discussion came up I never realized how much better a properly proportioned wider stripe looks on this car. I see paint in my future and I don’t even have an HEP.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That little yellow paper pad on the second to last pic I will try and acquire when it’s all done. That’s the measurements that will be given to the painter.
Very cool and outstanding stuff and to think that you will have Pete Brock's DNA all over these painted stripes is absolutely incredible!! :clap:

Maybe I missed some of the information with respect to the direction that Pete is taking your OTT stripes but will they be a constant width or does he plan to install tapered painted stripes on your car as was the case when he designed the painted stripes for the 1965 GT350's?

As many of you know most of the 1965 GT350's (~75%) left the two SA facilities without painted OTT stripes and were a Ford dealer installed option for the pricey sum of $64.

Not sure if the $64 charge was derived from the Guardsman Blue color that originated from the '64 Ford Falcon but in any event it was a great value for what a person got back in the day.

Just as the International Racing Colors for Germany was Silver, France was Blue, the U.K. was British Racing Green, Italy was Red it was the U.S. coming with a White body and Guardsman Blue "Cunningham Racing Stripes" which just adds to the cool part for all of these HEP cars.

Obviously a once in a lifetime opportunity being involved with a living legend therefore very happy for you!!

:sunglasses:

Attachments

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Very cool and outstanding stuff and to think that you will have Pete Brock's DNA all over these painted stripes is absolutely incredible!! :clap:

Maybe I missed some of the information with respect to the direction that Pete is taking your OTT stripes but will they be a constant width or does he plan to install tapered painted stripes on your car as was the case when he designed the painted stripes for the 1965 GT350's?

As many of you know most of the 1965 GT350's (~75%) left the two SA facilities without painted OTT stripes and were a Ford dealer installed option for the pricey sum of $64.

Not sure if the $64 charge was derived from the Guardsman Blue color that originated from the '64 Ford Falcon but in any event it was a great value for what a person got back in the day.

Just as the International Racing Colors for Germany was Silver, France was Blue, the U.K. was British Racing Green, Italy was Red it was the U.S. coming with a White body and Guardsman Blue "Cunningham Racing Stripes" which just adds to the cool part for all of these HEP cars.

Obviously a once in a lifetime opportunity being involved with a living legend therefore very happy for you!!

:sunglasses:
I do believe they will taper. My dad says he spent close to 8 hours on it between the two days. He would lay them out then not like it and then do it again. I think he is having a good time with it. Time to start working on the scrap book.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I do believe they will taper. My dad says he spent close to 8 hours on it between the two days. He would lay them out then not like it and then do it again. I think he is having a good time with it. Time to start working on the scrap book.
Troy, pretty cool stuff and very happy to hear that your stripes may be tapered based on the original design from Pete Brock back in late 1964 and early 1965 production models!

Obviously Pete will have some design challenges with tapered stripes on your car based on the fact that it is configured somewhat different from the '65 GT350's but no question that Mr. Brock will figure everything out at the end of the day.

Looking forward to the final result!!

:like:

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
In some ways, you should be thanking the shop that got your first stripes so badly wrong :) I for one am very grateful

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
In some ways, you should be thanking the shop that got your first stripes so badly wrong :) I for one am very grateful
Definitely a long list to thank. Starts a lot with you guys here giving me ideas of where to go to get some answers which led me to calling OVC and talking to Jim Marrieta who was very helpful in getting me in touch with his painter in Henderson, Nevada. Then talking to my dad about it and that Pete Brock was there, he then tells me that he knows him. He goes over and talks to him about the car and shows him a picture. First thing he says is the stripes are wrong. Offers to lay them down the way he would do it. It’s cool because now we will get to see what he would have done if Ford would have given him a modern day GT350.

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
Definitely a long list to thank. Starts a lot with you guys here giving me ideas of where to go to get some answers which led me to calling OVC and talking to Jim Marrieta who was very helpful in getting me in touch with his painter in Henderson, Nevada. Then talking to my dad about it and that Pete Brock was there, he then tells me that he knows him. He goes over and talks to him about the car and shows him a picture. First thing he says is the stripes are wrong. Offers to lay them down the way he would do it. It’s cool because now we will get to see what he would have done if Ford would have given him a modern day GT350.
What an awesome story. Definitely document this journey for your scrap book. Thanks for sharing and look forward to your updates.
Sponsored