Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

Jago768

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Heritage Shelby GT350, 2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak(on Res)
Well I've decided to defer my detail and ceramic and mothball the 350 until we move to Vegas in June. There is still 3/4 of the original tank of gas, and only 1/4 of the PDI was done. As small mods come in, I'll toss them in the trunk. Are there any special things I need to do before she goes to sleep? This is the first car I've ever stored, as our winters in VA are mild. Today was 63, but the weather tends to be sporadic at best.

patriotsgm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 HEP; 1973 Opel GT
Has anyone had any luck finding custom painted wimbledon white/guardsman blue coil covers?

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
You can try RPI Designs. They have the Wimbledon white but don't see the guardsmen blue listed. Call them as the performance blue was not listed but they had it when I was looking. Said web site had not been updated. They do nice work and great to deal with.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Has anyone had any luck finding custom painted wimbledon white/guardsman blue coil covers?
Several forum supporters (SCP, RPI) do custom painted covers for 5.0s. See what they can do. Those list Winbledom. They don't specify which blue for stripes and lettering but when I was having mine done RPI said they could do a custom color. JLT said the same and I went with them for Velocity Blue stripes and VB and RR letters on OW to match car and OTT stripes. Unfortunately, JLT doesn't do these any more. If custom ordering make sure its clear which Guardsman you want. I was considering Guardsman for my painted stripes before choosing VB and there were more than one version of Guardsman.

Pardon the dirt.

1609680043416.png

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

patriotsgm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
You can try RPI Designs. They have the Wimbledon white but don't see the guardsmen blue listed. Call them as the performance blue was not listed but they had it when I was looking. Said web site had not been updated. They do nice work and great to deal with.
Thanks, I remember seeing this website last year, but didn't remember what the name was. I'll call them.

patriotsgm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Several forum supporters (SCP, RPI) do custom painted covers for 5.0s. See what they can do. Those list Winbledom. They don't specify which blue for stripes and lettering but when I was having mine done RPI said they could do a custom color. JLT said the same and I went with them for Velocity Blue stripes and VB and RR letters on OW to match car and OTT stripes. Unfortunately, JLT doesn't do these any more. If custom ordering make sure its clear which Guardsman you want. I was considering Guardsman for my painted stripes before choosing VB and there were more than one version of Guardsman.

Pardon the dirt.

1609680043416.png
Glad you posted this. Was wondering what my engine would look like with white coil covers. By the way, I also used to name my military vehicles "Hoosier Daddy". I'm originally from Indy. ;-)

IMG_0523.JPG

VUDU615

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 HEP
Anyone notice drops of oil after an oil change is performed by the dealership service center? I am just wondering because I have seen how intricate the underside of our cars are, how tight of a work space it is for oil changes, and I am sure some oil can collect up under there and shake loose causing the drips in the driveway.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
If the person is not careful when changing the filter they will get oil on top of the splash shield which will drip. Dealer did my first change and it was driping. Had to clean it up myself.

Sponsored

VUDU615

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 HEP
If the person is not careful when changing the filter they will get oil on top of the splash shield which will drip. Dealer did my first change and it was driping. Had to clean it up myself.
Thanks for suggestion, I will check it out and also keep an eye on things to make sure it isn't something else going on.

SHELBY65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
julian
Vehicle(s)
SHELBY 350R,SHELBY 500GT TRACK, RAPTOR,DODGE DEMON, FERRARI ENZO, 360 STRADALE,,94 TURBO S , 79 TURBO ,
Vehicle Showcase
It felt sharp and nimble. Steering ratio was just about perfect. I was also able to modulate the balance of the car with the throttle in a pretty instinctive way. I think it was Matt Farah who recently described it as a "momentum car" and I can see what he means. You can carry a lot of speed though a corner and really plant the throttle on exit.

Funnily enough one of the instructors remembered me from a year previous. He was like, "you've had an upgrade". We talked for a moment about the GT350 and he said he's driven one once and couldn't believe how good it was.

Very nice Ben, Will be out there soon....

Jago768

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Received some products (in Guardsmen Blue) from Bemaro! Pictures are sterring wheel tape and Brembo overlay. I also have products coming from Zimcraft. Both companies have been amazing and are true enthusiasts. I can say Bemaro Guardsmen looks to be an exact match. It is rainy here today, but tomorrow I'll take a pic of the products laying on my stripes to show color match. My plan is to have Guardsmen blue accents (instead of Red) in the interior. I also plan on having the brakes painted/powdercoated blue as well. Seeing all the trouble members are having matching Gurardsmen Blue paint, I plan a dual assault. I am ordering a secondary set of Brembos to have painted and will try these simple overlays on my current brakes. If the ordered brakes dont match, I can be happy with my overlays or try a new paint shop. I do have the following questions, and would appreciate any responses.

1. Do I need to remove (and how) my current steering wheel tape, or can I just rewrap with blue tape?

2. Are the Guardsmen blue Brembos overlays going to be to dark on black brakes?

20210104_074351.jpg

20210104_074404.jpg

20210104_131632.jpg

20210104_131713.jpg

20210104_151738.jpg

20210104_151814.jpg

Jago768

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Updated above post with stipe comparison, I beleive it is an exact match. I also looked over steering wheel and there is no way original tape is coming off lol.

Also found a shop to paint my brakes, but they want me to provide the paint. Did anyone find Guardsmen Blue paint that was a perfect match?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Updated above post with stipe comparison, I beleive it is an exact match. I also looked over steering wheel and there is no way original tape is coming off lol.

Also found a shop to paint my brakes, but they want me to provide the paint. Did anyone find Guardsmen Blue paint that was a perfect match?
G2 will match any color if you can provide them the full unique for all time color code (not MY and 2 digit).

Considering the car may be tracked, G2 is a good choice since its a high temp epoxy. However... Metallic is NOT compatible with their paint system. They can match the color exactly but it will not have the metallic flakes. Getting them to make me Velocity Blue was comical. It was a new color and G2 didn't trust the code I had from BASF. So I had to first get a 3rd company they trusted to bless my paint code. All the Guardsmans are pretty old so that shouldn't be a problem but picking the right Guardsman could be.

Painting is very time sensitive. Once the 2 parts are mixed the painting has to be done pretty quickly because it will turn solid even in a sealed container. And I don't know if they just don't trust the average customer to keep the correct ratio but they say to NOT mix up half now and half later. That means you need to be ready to have all components painted at the same time. I wanted to do that anyway but can't see any harm in mixing up different batches if you can keep the ratios right.
Sponsored