VUDU615

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 HEP
He explains in the details... facecrap would not let him choose 2020
Gotcha, I have run into that issue on so many websites. Not really sure why they only recognize GT500 as the only 2020 offering and not the GT350s

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
2615 Sold. Just not on Ebay.

Interesting to follow up on these eBay HEP-Rs.

1355 (950 miles) failed to meet reserve with a bid at $78,000
1576 (181 miles) no bids and didn't sell at $96,900. Relisted
2202 (new) sold at $89,095
2209 (new) had bids to $72,600 and has been relisted at $122,995
2587 (new) had bids to $87,400 and sold
2601 (new) didn't sell at $89,490
2605 (new) listing was canceled
2615 (new) had bids to $80,077 and didn't sell

Sponsored

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Update on my painted stripes ordeal. Going to go get car repainted by the same place that does the OVC GT350s. So I have no doubt the paint and color will be spot on this time around. Apparently my dad who lives in Las Vegas knows Pete Brock pretty well. Heā€™s been holding out on me. Haha. Pete Brock thinks that the stripes on the 2020s arenā€™t actually laid down like he would have done it. He says they are too narrow and the reason is because from the factory they use the vinyl and that the vinyl wouldnā€™t be able to lay over the curves by the hood vent. He offered to lay them down as he would do it. Going to have him look it over and long as it isnā€™t too much of a difference I may have Pete Brock do his thing. Sounds like an extra 1/4 to 1/2 inch in width so that the stripe runs just outside the hood vent. Either way hope to get a Pete Brock signature somewhere on the car. Looking forward to getting the car done right.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
Update on my painted stripes ordeal. Going to go get car repainted by the same place that does the OVC GT350s. So I have no doubt the paint and color will be spot on this time around. Apparently my dad who lives in Las Vegas knows Pete Brock pretty well. Heā€™s been holding out on me. Haha. Pete Brock thinks that the stripes on the 2020s arenā€™t actually laid down like he would have done it. He says they are too narrow and the reason is because from the factory they use the vinyl and that the vinyl wouldnā€™t be able to lay over the curves by the hood vent. He offered to lay them down as he would do it. Going to have him look it over and long as it isnā€™t too much of a difference I may have Pete Brock do his thing. Sounds like an extra 1/4 to 1/2 inch in width so that the stripe runs just outside the hood vent. Either way hope to get a Pete Brock signature somewhere on the car. Looking forward to getting the car done right.
Brock is a friend and Iā€™m very close with OVC. Being that Brock is the reason why GT350s would have stripes in the first place you cannot get any better than have him orchestrate your painted stripe package. Jim at OVC picks the best painters so you are in good hands.

I had Brock sign my car. He signed right next to Bob Bondurantā€™s signature.

VUDU615

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 HEP
It would be amazing if they set up a program where the HEP owners could have this done. I know I am wanting painted OTT stripes at some point in the car's lifetime.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
It would be amazing if they set up a program where the HEP owners could have this done. I know I am wanting painted OTT stripes at some point in the car's lifetime.
Funny I was just thinking the other night to forgo PPF and just run her as is.... comfortable in the fact that post warranty I'd have panel gaps addressed and just get the whole car painted, including stripes.

Then this popped up. Hmmmmmmm.....

Sponsored

RetiredFireCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition Package #L0350
Dang.....at 84 he's still working?.....God Bless him.......

Brock is a friend and Iā€™m very close with OVC. Being that Brock is the reason why GT350s would have stripes in the first place you cannot get any better than have him orchestrate your painted stripe package. Jim at OVC picks the best painters so you are in good hands.

I had Brock sign my car. He signed right next to Bob Bondurantā€™s signature.

Hawaii-5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2011 Raptor, 1989 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
As a fan of the 65-66 Gt350's, I always though the stripes on the new HEP's were too thin. It does now makes sense why they did this due to the hood vents and inherent limitations of vinyl vs paint. Thanks for that info.

I had a bit of fun in a simple image program and made a rough rendering of slightly wider stripes. I think it makes the car look wider and more aggressive for sure.

Hmmm...

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 6.58.54 AM.png

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
As a fan of the 65-66 Gt350's, I always though the stripes on the new HEP's were too thin. It does now makes sense why they did this due to the hood vents and inherent limitations of vinyl vs paint. Thanks for that info.

I had a bit of fun in a simple image program and made a rough rendering of slightly wider stripes. I think it makes the car look wider and more aggressive for sure.

Hmmm...

Thanks for doing that. It looks really good. Think Iā€™m going to go for something like that. Car gets dropped off this coming Monday Jan 4. Our cars went down the line together. Iā€™m LR044. I believe yours was 43 or 45? Howā€™s that front stripe on yours doing that got damaged?

Hawaii-5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for doing that. It looks really good. Think Iā€™m going to go for something like that. Car gets dropped off this coming Monday Jan 4. Our cars went down the line together. Iā€™m LR044. I believe yours was 43 or 45? Howā€™s that front stripe on yours doing that got damaged?
Yes, I'm LR045. I almost don't want to admit how I fixed the damaged stripe, but it actually came out well, so I can now disclose it...haha.

I purchased a pre-mixed paint pen from PaintScratch (Division of Bio Pac, Inc.) for $15.95.
Vehicle: 1966 Fleet PPG Paints
Paint: Guardsman Blue 12832

Since the area was so small, any slight color difference is negligible. I don't have an after picture, but I attached a before picture of the damage. You can hardly tell there was damage unless you were looking for it.

IMG_3037.jpg

Hawaii-5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Hmmm...

I just happened to have a vintage GT350R valance hanging on my wall. Doesn't everybody?šŸ˜‚.

Anyways, I took a few pictures of the stripe widths to share.

IMG_3292.jpg

IMG_3293.jpg

IMG_3294.jpg
Sponsored