Vehicle Showcase
Seen not seem
Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Thank you for your service! When were you in the 101st? My buddy was the Division CSM there about 10 years ago. I worked with Nike Hercules and Patriot during my 32 years. Last assignment was the Ops SGM of the Space and Missile Defense Command. Funny how those numbers always match up to something. I just had my 1973 Opel GT restored and while looking for a vintage plate, found one that ended in 3219. I served 32 years and 19 days. LOL!!!

IMG_3242.JPG
Thanks and yeah thanks for your service too. Your buddy was a division CSM? Wow, yeah you are way up top haha. I only did 3 years, after my deployment I was done with everything, I just wanted to get out and use my GI Bill. Probably would have stayed in If I chose a different MOS lol. I was there from 2012-2015 so I don't think he was there while I was there.

That's pretty cool, must have been really fun to watch test firing of those systems. The only stuff I saw was what they use in Afghanistan, it was always fun to see and hear things getting shot out of the sky at night. Nice car! And yeah numbers have a mysterious way of following our lives, its pretty crazy.

Last edited:

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Y’all do realize that the HEP colors are Air Force regs approved, right?!

Lol... I just promoted to Lt Col so my HeP R was a pleasant promotion gift.
HEP colors are also the colors of the Infantry. The Infantry blue cord and the CIB look like the guardsman blue color.

And congrats on your promotion, can't think of any promotion gift that's better than a HEP R lol.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PatriotsGM and RPDBlueMoon.....thank you both for the info and your service to our Country....
I hung on a fire truck for 32 years.....miss the life and the guys but not the bullsh*t......stay safe.....
Thanks, and yeah I feel the exact same way about the Army

Always had a lot of respect for firefighters. I considered joining after I got out, but I am too broken and my lungs are not well from the burn pits from Afghanistan. I'm currently going to school to become a doctor. Once I become one, definitely will be calling up the local fire department again to see if I can do anything to help, as well as the local vet center :)

Last edited:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Thanks, and yeah I feel the exact same way about the Army

Always had a lot of respect for firefighters. I considered joining after I got out, but I am too broken and my lungs are not well from the burn pits from Afghanistan. I'm currently going to school to become a doctor. Once I become one, definitely will be calling up the local fire department again to see if I can do anything to help, as well as the local vet center :)
When you become a doc, you can become a flight surgeon for the USAF/ANG reserves like me. There’s a loan repay potential, as well as a sign-on bonus.

Sponsored

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
I have seem a couple HEP R’s at 30k over. Now that allotments are drying up I expect dealers to hold firm. The sales manager at the dealership in plant city told me that dealers have to pay ADM to the dealer they are getting the HEP from. He told me one transfered for 15k Adm between dealers. I have already turned down $100 k for mine
One dealer near me had an HEP R listed online for 4K under! I called last night to say I'd buy it on the spot. They didn't even have the car - I've never seen faster back pedaling in my life.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One dealer near me had an HEP R listed online for 4K under! I called last night to say I'd buy it on the spot. They didn't even have the car - I've never seen faster back pedaling in my life.
They likely have the car in order... it’s likely in production or in transit. Unfortunately, the Ford software applies general Mustang incentives to the Shelbies without realizing those incentives don’t apply to the Shelbies.

I encountered this issue when searching for mine and made the salesman aware after they affirmed an ADM.

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
They likely have the car in order... it’s likely in production or in transit. Unfortunately, the Ford software applies general Mustang incentives to the Shelbies without realizing those incentives don’t apply to the Shelbies.

I encountered this issue when searching for mine and made the salesman aware after they affirmed an ADM.
Agreed - I've already looked at the site and they've updated it :)

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor
I have seem a couple HEP R’s at 30k over. Now that allotments are drying up I expect dealers to hold firm. The sales manager at the dealership in plant city told me that dealers have to pay ADM to the dealer they are getting the HEP from. He told me one transfered for 15k Adm between dealers. I have already turned down $100 k for mine
with how many miles on it?

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post but for the new HEP owners out there what is your plan for the first oil change? My thought was 1K miles - at about 350 now. Installed passenger side catch cans the minute I got it.

Also was going to go with AMSOIL over the OEM Motorcraft. (I've read Driven Oil is good as well).

Open to any thoughts suggestions.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, gonna change in 1-3k miles... I did as well as you add a passenger Ford Performance oil separator.

As for oils, I think you’d be pleasantly surprised with the properties Motorcraft oil has. That oil has good shear and heat tolerances and meets the factory standards.

I doubt I’ll be changing as I have no reason to. I do, however, use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum synthetic in everything else as it is a remarkable oil.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post but for the new HEP owners out there what is your plan for the first oil change? My thought was 1K miles - at about 350 now. Installed passenger side catch cans the minute I got it.

Also was going to go with AMSOIL over the OEM Motorcraft. (I've read Driven Oil is good as well).

Open to any thoughts suggestions.

I actually asked this awhile ago. Got a bunch of different answers. There really is no right answer. With this type of stuff I just tone out heresay and just refer the owners manual. Manufacturer recommendations is what you should really go by for maintenance unless you are not driving the car like normal.

I heard that the 'brake in oil' has metal shavings or junk that can damage the car, I heard that there are magnets that modern cars actually grab the shavings. Ive been told that alot of the old habits don't apply to new card because of the technology. I honestly don't really know know about cars to know 100% sure what is what.

I got mine changed at around 2,000 miles just to be safe. I really wanted to use the free oil change for the Ford Pass app so I just need 1 more before I can delete this spyware garbage and get it off my phone

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually asked this awhile ago. Got a bunch of different answers. There really is no right answer. With this type of stuff I just tone out heresay and just refer the owners manual. Manufacturer recommendations is what you should really go by for maintenance unless you are not driving the car like normal.

I heard that the 'brake in oil' has metal shavings or junk that can damage the car, I heard that there are magnets that modern cars actually grab the shavings. Ive been told that alot of the old habits don't apply to new card because of the technology. I honestly don't really know know about cars to know 100% sure what is what.

I got mine changed at around 2,000 miles just to be safe. I really wanted to use the free oil change for the Ford Pass app so I just need 1 more before I can delete this spyware garbage and get it off my phone
Interestingly, Ford Pass qualifies as a vehicle locator... USAA gives a discount for such.