Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)

Dubbsfaris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500 Red Stripe Vert, 2008 Shelby Terlingua, 2013 Shelby Raptor, 2017 Saleen 35th Anniversary Yellow Label Prototype, 2020 GT350R HE
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to see the painted stripes look so good. I got my car delivered in June and the stripes needed replacing. Well, Ford only sent half the kit, and a whole section wasn’t even the right blue. Its October, im still waiting, and finally just sent my car off to get em painted, because Im over it.

2300 for the whole car stripe...have it next week hopefully.

ive got 32 miles on my car and had the paint shop remove the shiing blocks which the dealer never removed.

these f%^ÂŁin guys...

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
What kind of blocks ? Was that a typo ?

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Glad to see the painted stripes look so good. I got my car delivered in June and the stripes needed replacing. Well, Ford only sent half the kit, and a whole section wasn’t even the right blue. Its October, im still waiting, and finally just sent my car off to get em painted, because Im over it.

2300 for the whole car stripe...have it next week hopefully.

ive got 32 miles on my car and had the paint shop remove the shiing blocks which the dealer never removed.

these f%^ÂŁin guys...
That makes for a porpoising ride... you’ll notice a major difference in ride quality now.

Pics of the stripes when they’re done please

Sponsored

Dubbsfaris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500 Red Stripe Vert, 2008 Shelby Terlingua, 2013 Shelby Raptor, 2017 Saleen 35th Anniversary Yellow Label Prototype, 2020 GT350R HE
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I only drove it one time from my office to the paint shop about 15 miles so far.
Typical drama related to owning a Shelby, but usually reserved for Shelby American builds which I am far too familiar with.
Pics will definitely come, but Im gonna do a full front film on it first. I am also seriously considering dropping a sleeper Hellion TT kit on it. Give the new GT500 builds some humility...Lund says we should be able to safely get 900hp out of it.

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
I put 750 miles on the GT350R over the weekend. Drove it from Seattle to Bend, OR for a bachelor weekend. I made sure to vary the revs a bit during the drive as a means of fast-tracking my break-in. My observations...

I had to deal with night driving in very heavy rain on both journeys. Even with the Michelin 4S tires, there were moments I seriously considered turning back. The width of the tires creates a surprising amount of drag in standing water and there were many times I felt like I was on the verge of aquaplaning. The Cup 2 tires would have been completely un-drivable. So, overall not a relaxing journey. Made a mental note to factor weather into my journeys in future.

I was surprised at how long 6th gear is. It's clear that 1st-5th are close ratio and 6th is an attempt at an economy gear. Given the engine isn't that torquey at 2000rpm, it felt surprisingly sluggish. It did feel a little better after 700 miles of break in though.

Seats were very comfortable for 12 hours of driving. Phew!

Love the exhaust note - of course. It's interesting though how the car makes decisions to override your exhaust choice. When you're in 6th and Sport, it clearly assumes you don't want the drone and shuts the valves. That's a nice touch. I would love to know though if there's a hack to adjust where the valves are set to open based on the throttle position in Normal. Overtaking in the middle of the night I found myself consciously trying to moderate the throttle so as to avoid startling the person I'm overtaking. Also if I'm driving the car at a track with very restrictive sound limits, it would be useful to be able to force the valves closed at all throttle positions. Someone must have worked out how to adjust this?

Alarming hood flex a couple times when trucks came past me coming the other way.

Zero oil consumption. Woop!

SO glad I got the PPF. I was able to drive without worrying at all about the conditions. It'll be interesting to see how easy it is to clean.

Anyway - long post - but fantastic to finally have the car and be able to drive it. Once I'm through this break-in, Itching to start really pushing it.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put 750 miles on the GT350R over the weekend. Drove it from Seattle to Bend, OR for a bachelor weekend. I made sure to vary the revs a bit during the drive as a means of fast-tracking my break-in. My observations...

I had to deal with night driving in very heavy rain on both journeys. Even with the Michelin 4S tires, there were moments I seriously considered turning back. The width of the tires creates a surprising amount of drag in standing water and there were many times I felt like I was on the verge of aquaplaning. The Cup 2 tires would have been completely un-drivable. So, overall not a relaxing journey. Made a mental note to factor weather into my journeys in future.

I was surprised at how long 6th gear is. It's clear that 1st-5th are close ratio and 6th is an attempt at an economy gear. Given the engine isn't that torquey at 2000rpm, it felt surprisingly sluggish. It did feel a little better after 700 miles of break in though.

Love the exhaust note - of course. It's interesting though how the car makes decisions to override your exhaust choice. When you're in 6th and Sport, it clearly assumes you don't want the drone and shuts the valves. That's a nice touch. I would love to know though if there's a hack to adjust where the valves are set to open based on the throttle position in Normal. Overtaking in the middle of the night I found myself consciously trying to moderate the throttle so as to avoid startling the person I'm overtaking. Also if I'm driving the car at a track with very restrictive sound limits, it would be useful to be able to force the valves closed at all throttle positions. Someone must have worked out how to adjust this?

Alarming hood flex a couple times when trucks came past me coming the other way.

SO glad I got the PPF. I was able to drive without worrying at all about the conditions. It'll be interesting to see how easy it is to clean.

Anyway - long post - but fantastic to finally have the car and be able to drive it. Once I'm through this break-in, Itching to start really pushing it.
Nah, it was a great post. Appreciate the candor.

I know the exhaust valves have been addressed over and over and suggest a quick look through the FORSCAN sticky.

How’d you like the handling with the Signatures? Do you feel the need to have a clutch spring assist or a MGW shifter?

How about noise in the car while driving in the rain?.. sorry for all the questions.

one last one... do you LOVE the car?

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
Nah, it was a great post. Appreciate the candor.

I know the exhaust valves have been addressed over and over and suggest a quick look through the FORSCAN sticky.

How’d you like the handling with the Signatures? Do you feel the need to have a clutch spring assist or a MGW shifter?

How about noise in the car while driving in the rain?.. sorry for all the questions.

one last one... do you LOVE the car?
Great questions and thanks for the pointer to FORSCAN. All I needed was a keyword to start researching.

Hard to make an assessment on handling this early as I haven't come close to pushing it in any way yet, but it felt very planted and confidence inspiring on the drive. The ride felt great to me, but I like it firm. I was relieved there was absolutely no tramlining at all. Car felt very predictable.

Car is very well insulated from rain and wind noise, but there are sections of I-5 where the tires transmit quite a bit of road noise through the car. You really notice the smooth sections of tarmac. It doesn't surprise me given how much rubber is in contact with the road.

I absolutely love the car, yes! It's everything I hoped it would be - at least as far as I've tested it. I can't park it without turning back constantly to look at it.

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R

It pretty scary to drive at night, the lights are don't really light up the rode that well unless I use the high beams. Its hard to see, given with the tendency to go faster than normal its easy get into trouble by driving recklessly. Never been caught in bad rain but its probably not fun if its really bad and if its at night.

I heard about the issue with the valves but for whatever reason mine doesn't do that. The only time that my valves close is when I turn close them or turn the car off. On my way back from the dealership I tested it and they stayed open both times, when I go into and out of 6th gear. It can be pretty scary to overtake someone at night with how loud these things get, I've never done yet but in that past I've had bikers do it to me to be a dick and it is very startling. I don't try to be a dick when I drive. Would be interesting if you can figure that.

When you start the car what steering setting is it for you? For the first few times Im pretty sure that it would start in Normal but now it always starts in comfort for me which is fine because I would always change it to comfort. Now if it would only do it with the exhaust valves lol

Yes, the PPF gives you a nice piece of mind. You don't have to be anal about the paint.

Glad you finally were able to go for a drive in it, you have been waiting a long time :)

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
@RPDBlueMoon , have them dealer aimed. Both mine were extremely low from the factory. The tech told me the left side was in the dirt. I believe him. It was like driving with the left side burned out. Once aimed properly, the lights are excellent

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
@RPDBlueMoon , have them dealer aimed. Both mine were extremely low from the factory. The tech told me the left side was in the dirt. I believe him. It was like driving with the left side burned out. Once aimed properly, the lights are excellent
Okay thanks I'll make sure get that. I did find it a bit odd because the lights suck compared to my other car which is a 2014 and doesn't use LEDs so something is definitely wrong. I don't normally use high beams unless Im driving late at night on the highway and its just me on the road.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay thanks I'll make sure get that. I did find it a bit odd because the lights suck compared to my other car which is a 2014 and doesn't use LEDs so something is definitely wrong. I don't normally use high beams unless Im driving late at night on the highway and its just me on the road.
These cars do not have LEDs. Just add a few more lights like this...

3123F18D-05D6-4535-97B6-543235ACA655.jpeg
Sponsored