You guys are not helping my want Of a 2020 350r
Sponsored

Reactions: Les

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Is there any way to get copies of this stuff after the dealers no longer have access to it?
The Certificate Of Origin or MSO as many over the years have called this document all originate from Ford Motor Credit in Dearborn and once the COO is issued just prior to the vehicle in question being assembled that document is then sent to the distributing/selling dealership from Ford Motor Credit after which time the vehicle in question then belongs to the selling dealership with them taking full financial responsibility for the vehicle in question and understand that the dealership has to make payment to Ford Motor Credit within a few weeks.

In most cases the selling dealership will not relinquish the COO to a private individual upon sale of the vehicle but in some out of State transactions the selling dealership may forward the original COO/MSO to the purchaser after which time the only way for the purchaser to title the vehicle in question is to surrender the COO/MSO to the State DMV.

Getting a copy from your dealership after the fact is not impossible but suggest that most will not go down that path as they have already surrendered this original document to the State DMV in order to issue a Bill of Sale along with helping arrange for your vehicle title which is all part of your documentation fees.

IMG_0061.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The Certificate Of Origin or MSO as many over the years have called this document all originate from Ford Motor Credit in Dearborn and once the COO is issued just prior to the vehicle in question being assembled that document is then sent to the distributing/selling dealership from Ford Motor Credit after which time the vehicle in question then belongs to the selling dealership with them taking full financial responsibility for the vehicle in question and understand that the dealership has to make payment to Ford Motor Credit within a few weeks.

In most cases the selling dealership will not relinquish the COO to a private individual upon sale of the vehicle but in some out of State transactions the selling dealership may forward the original COO/MSO to the purchaser after which time the only way for the purchaser to title the vehicle in question is to surrender the COO/MSO to the State DMV.

Getting a copy from your dealership after the fact is not impossible but suggest that most will not go down that path as they have already surrendered this original document to the State DMV in order to issue a Bill of Sale along with helping arrange for your vehicle title which is all part of your documentation fees.

IMG_0061.jpg
I wish I could have figured out a way to register my car and keep that document, but the DMV chick wouldn't have it. "Hand it over" I do recall....

gkoutsok

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
Does this apply to Canadian cars as well?

IMG_0061.jpg

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Does this apply to Canadian cars as well?
The Canadian equivalent of an MSO/COO from the U.S. is called a "NVIS" which stands for "New Vehicle Information Statement" and is pretty much handled in the same manner as the MSO except this document comes from Ford of Canada in Oakville with this form having to be surrendered to the local Provincial Motor Vehicle Department in order to title your vehicle.

:sunglasses:

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350 Heritage Edition
@corrieb
Nice work on the spreadsheet (Out standing work to be honest)

Question? Are you updating info if you have it? Like Sold/ available etc..

1198 on the non R HEP list is Sold I know that for sure because I'm waiting for the FRAP to send it to me.

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
@corrieb
Nice work on the spreadsheet (Out standing work to be honest)

Question? Are you updating info if you have it? Like Sold/ available etc..

1198 on the non R HEP list is Sold I know that for sure because I'm waiting for the FRAP to send it to me.
Yes. I'm particularly interested in adding chassis #s. Thanks for the info. Updated. Congrats!

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350 Heritage Edition
Yes. I'm particularly interested in adding chassis #s. Thanks for the info. Updated. Congrats!
When the car gets here I will let you know the chassis #

Sponsored

SHELBY65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
julian
Vehicle(s)
SHELBY 350R,SHELBY 500GT TRACK, RAPTOR,DODGE DEMON, FERRARI ENZO, 360 STRADALE,,94 TURBO S , 79 TURBO ,
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are not helping my want Of a 2020 350r
Do you think they are making too many? Too many heritage R's ? Im thinking of just getting an R in green and saving myself the adm. and getting a discount of 3k. This thread is very good. The best there is on the 350. Thanks to Ben and a couple of others who have taken us to school

The Road Well Heeled

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage

IMG_0061.jpg

Lot's of helpful information regarding MSO Certificates. Given that you would ultimately have to relinquish the MSO cert upon titling our vehicles, is the ultimate benefit having another copy of a document noting authenticity and tracability? Any other benefits? Lastly, for those who are in the process of taking receipt of cars, I'd like to suggest creating a list of documents to obtain from the dealer. Here are my thoughts:
1. MSO
2. Duplicate Window Sticker
3. Copy of Dealer invoice?
4. Printed Dealer Promo Materials
- Given that dealers only received 1HEP r each, did they receive any special materials?
- Catalogues
- Dealer swag
5. PDI checklists

Thanks to all for your input as I anticipate having my car on a trailer to CO sometime this week

Todd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
13 Boss, 19 Bullitt, 20 HEPR, 21 Bronco & 22 F350
Lot's of helpful information regarding MSO Certificates. Given that you would ultimately have to relinquish the MSO cert upon titling our vehicles, is the ultimate benefit having another copy of a document noting authenticity and tracability? Any other benefits? Lastly, for those who are in the process of taking receipt of cars, I'd like to suggest creating a list of documents to obtain from the dealer. Here are my thoughts:
1. MSO
- Given that dealers only received 1HEP r each, did they receive any special materials?
- Catalogues
- Dealer swag
5. PDI checklists

Thanks to all for your input as I anticipate having my car on a trailer to CO sometime this week

Todd
Unless you are in Michigan, in which case our DMV does not need it to process paperwork. So if you have your dealer order you one or ask to keep it, then you should be all set. Again this is only if you live in and are titling the vehicle in Michigan.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
1. MSO
- Catalogues
- Dealer swag
5. PDI checklists

Todd
Good list of items to receive from the selling dealership and suggest that adding a copy of the original VOC (Vehicle Confirmation Order) would be good to have as well.

An Oasis Report would be good to have even with it being a brand new vehicle this report will confirm the actual build date for your car along with the Warranty Start Date for your Bumper to Bumper and Powertrain Warranties.

Did the dealership leave all of the original labels and stickers on your car during PDI and is the Window Sticker still in tact on the passengers side window and if not hopefully they will send to you?

If your car is being shipped with the MSO that is terrific and make sure to have someone at the dealership end to be your eyes and ears with respect to signing off with your transporter as I know that you will carefully inspect your car carefully upon delivery.

Also make sure to watch for your 2020 Shelby GT350R Owners Kit and not sure if they will be any different from the regular 2020 GT350R owners kit as have not heard of anyone receiving one of them for one these HEP cars.

Good luck and congrats again on pulling the trigger on this cool car!

:like:

20RHeritage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE
Good list of items to receive from the selling dealership and suggest that adding a copy of the original VOC (Vehicle Confirmation Order) would be good to have as well.

An Oasis Report would be good to have even with it being a brand new vehicle this report will confirm the actual build date for your car along with the Warranty Start Date for your Bumper to Bumper and Powertrain Warranties.

Did the dealership leave all of the original labels and stickers on your car during PDI and is the Window Sticker still in tact on the passengers side window and if not hopefully they will send to you?

If your car is being shipped with the MSO that is terrific and make sure to have someone at the dealership end to be your eyes and ears with respect to signing off with your transporter as I know that you will carefully inspect your car carefully upon delivery.

Also make sure to watch for your 2020 Shelby GT350R Owners Kit and not sure if they will be any different from the regular 2020 GT350R owners kit as have not heard of anyone receiving one of them for one these HEP cars.

Good luck and congrats again on pulling the trigger on this cool car!

:like:
I just talked to Ford Performance today my kit shipped out Friday (arriving tomorrow) and received my Track Attack invite today. My purchase date was March 31st.
Sponsored