Hawaii-5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2011 Raptor, 1989 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
New to the thread. I ordered GT350R HEP on 12/23/2019, VIN 551455 - Production week Apr-20-2020. Most likely delayed :(
Sponsored

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
New to the thread. I ordered GT350R HEP on 12/23/2019, VIN 551455 - Production week Apr-20-2020. Most likely delayed :(
Don’t know if it will actually get delayed or not. That’s what I was expecting but mine was scheduled for April 6th build week which just updated last week to scheduled to the day. Also a HE 350 R. VIN is close to yours 551448.

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
I realize this doesn't fit this exact thread, but it is relevant question to the conversation. When I was shopping for my GT350, I called a local dealer who did this exact thing, except the sales person sold it to me for the advertised price, and even took a deposit from my credit card number (although he didn't run it). He had to call me back about 30-minutes later apologizing for the mistake, after he supposedly talked to the sales manager. This vehicle was advertised right under invoice, so it was cheaper than most were being advertised for, but not so ridiculous that it looked like a blatant error.

To anyone with any legal experience: If I would have called an attorney, could I have pushed the issue that we agreed on a price, and they were backing out of a verbal purchase agreement? I've always kind of wondered that, and would like to be prepared if this would ever happen again.

PS. FWIW, I told the sales person I would never pay ADM for the car, told him I wasn't very happy with what they did, so I let him cancel the transaction.
Unfortunately, verbal agreements don't mean much, especially these days. Even if you had it on an audio recording you'd still have to prove it was who he said he was (very hard to do) and what he said he'd do. A written agreement is another story-they are bound by it. But of course, a good lawyer can get anyone out of anything most times.
Speaking of lawyers, 99% of them give the rest of them a bad name......

mqu02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue GT350
Unfortunately, verbal agreements don't mean much, especially these days. Even if you had it on an audio recording you'd still have to prove it was who he said he was (very hard to do) and what he said he'd do. A written agreement is another story-they are bound by it. But of course, a good lawyer can get anyone out of anything most times.
Speaking of lawyers, 99% of them give the rest of them a bad name......
Thanks for the reply, and I figured that would be the case, but it never hurts to ask.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Don’t know if it will actually get delayed or not. That’s what I was expecting but mine was scheduled for April 6th build week which just updated last week to scheduled to the day. Also a HE 350 R. VIN is close to yours 551448.
My VIN is 551210 and have no idea where my car sits with respect to a revised scheduled production date based on the recent FRAP shutdown scenario.

:)

Sponsored

FR500S Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2008 FR500S Challenge Race Car. 2017 GT350, 2017 RS, 2003 F350. 2020 GT350R HEP
Hello all been a while - 2017, that WW/GB HEP caught my eye/plus the new updates and took a run at GT350R HE. It has worked out. It's "Produced" stage as of days before the shut down, 3-17-2020.

551212 yup, PP0001 very close! I have a friend in Canada and his Velocity Blue "R" made onto the railcar on the 17th March. His will arrive this week. Visited with a contact at Ford and ours my still need to go through the Mod Shop for stripes, rear wing and wheels. After that it will get "Released" to the next stage. Hope is strong with the rest things will get better and we all can go back to work or what we each where doing before Corona.....

Loved the price point of $1,965, the guy rocks, back at FP!

Have a 2017 GT350 just under 20K, lots of track time and some great Road Trips, these machines make me very happy, the soul they have, so very special. The tie in with Ken Miles on the HE package is more to the legend of the 350 nameplate. Great tribute to the Miles family. Wife says we are keeping the Ruby.......got a good one!
2017GT350PacificJuly.jpg

Last edited:

gkoutsok

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
I have purchased a few new cars off the lot in my days but this is the first time I have ordered to my spec, I want to ensure that the dealership supplies me with all relevant paperwork for the car build. I think there is something called a VVR report?
Is there anything else I should ask for?

gkoutsok

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
Found this on youtube.

Last edited:

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
I have purchased a few new cars off the lot in my days but this is the first time I have ordered to my spec, I want to ensure that the dealership supplies me with all relevant paperwork for the car build. I think there is something called a VVR report?
Is there anything else I should ask for?
The DORA would be good. Congrats man!

I was able to select options on my 2015 GT350, but I found my GT350R on a lot two days before I was going to custom order one. The only option I didn't get on my 350 was the Car Cover. I wish I could have gotten one from the factory. As PP said, I wonder if they did something nice for the Heritage cars...

Sponsored

FR500S Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2008 FR500S Challenge Race Car. 2017 GT350, 2017 RS, 2003 F350. 2020 GT350R HEP
Very good catch! Now to look at more "R" HE out there to see what the norm will be. Brian

PS I was up late and was looking, searching.4 "R" HE heading to dealerships and only one "R" HE in stock "1086"
  1. Sunrise Ford/ Fontana/CA "1079"
  2. Frontier Ford/ Santa Clara/CA "1087"
  3. Ford Crestview/ Crestview/FL "1025"
  4. Performance Ford/ Randolph/NJ "0991"
Maybe after these 4 make it to the show rooms, the dash/chassis question might be answered. Just need a good pictures.

Last edited:

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350 Heritage Edition
My VIN is 551210 and have no idea where my car sits with respect to a revised scheduled production date based on the recent FRAP shutdown scenario.

:)
My Vin is 551198 and have a delivery date to dealer of 5-7-20. If that's of any help to you sir. Build date was 3-16-20 which was one week earlier than i was originally told so I'm thinking I just made the cut before the shutdown.

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
Very good catch! Now to look at more "R" HE out there to see what the norm will be. Brian

PS I was up late and was looking, searching.4 "R" HE heading to dealerships and only one "R" HE in stock "1086"
  1. Sunrise Ford/ Fontana/CA "1079"
  2. Frontier Ford/ Santa Clara/CA "1087"
  3. Ford Crestview/ Crestview/FL "1025"
  4. Performance Ford/ Randolph/NJ "0991"
Maybe after these 4 make it to the show rooms, the dash/chassis question might be answered. Just need a good pictures.
Yea I have been trying to keep an eye out, only R HE’s to have photos thus far have been LR001 and LR003. I agree it will be interesting to see what the plaques will look like on the next wave of R’s...Mine is expected in the next couple days(!!!!), so I’ll get some photos as soon as possible.

Side note: I’d be very frustrated if the “R” was not present on the dash plaque...it’s the only spot on the car, if I am not mistaken, that states the designation of “GT350R”

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Yea I have been trying to keep an eye out, only R HE’s to have photos thus far have been LR001 and LR003. I agree it will be interesting to see what the plaques will look like on the next wave of R’s...Mine is expected in the next couple days(!!!!), so I’ll get some photos as soon as possible.

Side note: I’d be very frustrated if the “R” was not present on the dash plaque...it’s the only spot on the car, if I am not mistaken, that states the designation of “GT350R”
Agreed that the "R" was inadvertently missed by the person issuing the dash plaques for this R model but suggest that there are other items on our R models that help confirm an "R" model.

The seats always have had an "R" stitched into the top head rest area in Red with the odd unique R having a Blue R stitched into the head rest area.

Additionally if anyone that has a Base R model then the radio block off plate also confirms that it is an R model.

Lastly the chassis number itself designates an R model based on the unique chassis number configuration.

Great catch on the wrong chassis plate used for LR003 as I would want that wrong chassis plate replaced with a correct one as well!!

:like::like:
DSCF1796.JPG
DSCF2462.JPG
DSCF2179.JPG

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
Agreed that the "R" was inadvertently missed by the person issuing the dash plaques for this R model but suggest that there are other items on our R models that help confirm an "R" model.

The seats always have had an "R" stitched into the top head rest area in Red with the odd unique R having a Blue R stitched into the head rest area.

Additionally if anyone that has a Base R model then the radio block off plate also confirms that it is an R model.

Lastly the chassis number itself designates an R model based on the unique chassis number configuration.

Great catch on the wrong chassis plate used for LR003 as I would want that wrong chassis plate replaced with a correct one as well!!

:like::like:
DSCF1796.JPG
DSCF2462.JPG
DSCF2179.JPG
Agreed that many items designate an R car vs a standard 350. That is the only item though that I am aware of that states it’s full nature (with verbiage) of being a GT350R. I would assume Ford would indeed correct the dash plaque if brought to their attention

edit: That photo with the blue R stitching in the seat is interesting, what year/chassis did that come off of??
Sponsored