Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
I’m hoping you are correct PP0001. You seem to have a lot of knowledge regarding Ford manufacturing. Is there any precedent where orders for cars in a current year were completed in the next year? I’m thinking worse case scenario but I’m with you I can’t see North American manufacturing being shut down for 6 months, the results would be devastating.
GM said this regarding the 2020 Vette. (Their announcement was caused by delays because of the Union Strikes, not the CV shutdowns. I'm not sure if they are going to do anything further...)

“Regretfully, launch timing was delayed by the six-week work stoppage that reduced the 2020 Model Year production schedule,” GM said in the email. “Therefore, it is possible some of your 2020 orders, sold or stock may not be produced as planned.”

At least there is a precedent of cancelling orders.
Sponsored

Doran

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350, 2017 gt350. 2007 gt500 2005 gt
GM said this regarding the 2020 Vette. (Their announcement was caused by delays because of the Union Strikes, not the CV shutdowns. I'm not sure if they are going to do anything further...)

“Regretfully, launch timing was delayed by the six-week work stoppage that reduced the 2020 Model Year production schedule,” GM said in the email. “Therefore, it is possible some of your 2020 orders, sold or stock may not be produced as planned.”

I can see with the c8 expected first year production numbers to be 40,000 plus in the US alone they may have difficulty completing production. I would think Ford will make every effort to prioritize filling orders of a limited production Heritage Edition which will be fairly low in number when back on line.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Just curious what you meant by your last sentence?

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
Just curious what you meant by your last sentence?
Sorry, I was in the middle of something while typing that, then something started going wrong and I just clicked post before I finished my thought. I meant, there is a precedent with GM moving orders from 2020 to 2021. That doesn't really mean that Ford will do it, but at least one of the majors have.

To be honest, I do not know what the logistics are for manufacturing the GT350/GT350R/GT500, nor the capacity, so anything I say is just blatant speculation. PP0001, I believe you are either an insider at Ford or the most committed Sherlock Holmes Mustang Enthusiast EVER!!! Either way, I'll defer to your knowledge and, in the end, we will see what happens when the 2021's start to hit the lots.

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor
To be honest, I do not know what the logistics are for manufacturing the GT350/GT350R/GT500, nor the capacity, so anything I say is just blatant speculation. PP0001, I believe you are either an insider at Ford or the most committed Sherlock Holmes Mustang Enthusiast EVER!!!
I agree!!!

Sponsored

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
Good news, my 3-fiddy-err just checked in yesterday on rail car to its final destination! Now I just hope it hops on a convoy real quick to my dealer and that my dealer is considered “essential”. Possible delivery today/tomorrow!

gkoutsok

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
Right on fellas, it’s good to see everyone is starting to get VINs and production dates, as far as R HEP orders go we are are at:

1.) TYAO=RH: VIN 551054 - March 4th

2.) PP0001: VIN 551210 - March 30th

3.) Slingblade: VIN 551448 - April 6th

Anyone else with R order have VIN/date assigned?

I am kinda hoping to be the first one To get an R HEP...
I finally received my VI
Congrats to all that have build dates! Could you post your order dates? I ordered a non R Heritage Jan 12th and sure would love to see it in the spring rather than late summer. These build dates are giving me a little hope. Not knowing the process, I am wondering if maybe the R's get built first?
I ordered mine Jan 11, VIN 551541 - May 18 build date

Doran

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
I finally received my VI

I ordered mine Jan 11, VIN 551541 - May 18 build date
That’s awesome gkoutsok! Did you just get that info today? I called ford racing a couple of weeks ago and my status was “material hold” I haven’t called since because i figured everything has been shut down. When I go.back and check my correspondence the order was drawn up on the evening of the 9th and submitted by the dealership on the 10th. I have since learned here that the order date doesn’t mean that much in the priority process. I’m happy for you and anyone else that has gotten their HEP already . My dealer wanted my 2017 Gt350 trade asap, which I did and now regret. Hoping I don’t end up with no car with this frigging virus.If I even had a vin# I could relax a little.

Doran

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Good news, my 3-fiddy-err just checked in yesterday on rail car to its final destination! Now I just hope it hops on a convoy real quick to my dealer and that my dealer is considered “essential”. Possible delivery today/tomorrow!
Congratulations!

mqu02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue GT350
Yep as suspected. Many dealers seem to do it. List it for a lower price and then when you call say...oh, oh, that’s a mistake. All part of the game they play. Looks like they now have it listed for $99,390! Going up in price by the minute!
I realize this doesn't fit this exact thread, but it is relevant question to the conversation. When I was shopping for my GT350, I called a local dealer who did this exact thing, except the sales person sold it to me for the advertised price, and even took a deposit from my credit card number (although he didn't run it). He had to call me back about 30-minutes later apologizing for the mistake, after he supposedly talked to the sales manager. This vehicle was advertised right under invoice, so it was cheaper than most were being advertised for, but not so ridiculous that it looked like a blatant error.

To anyone with any legal experience: If I would have called an attorney, could I have pushed the issue that we agreed on a price, and they were backing out of a verbal purchase agreement? I've always kind of wondered that, and would like to be prepared if this would ever happen again.

PS. FWIW, I told the sales person I would never pay ADM for the car, told him I wasn't very happy with what they did, so I let him cancel the transaction.

Sponsored

mqu02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue GT350
Also, my sincere congratulations to everyone that has either got their Heritage Edition, or has one on order. They are absolutely beautiful.

gkoutsok

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
That’s awesome gkoutsok! Did you just get that info today? I called ford racing a couple of weeks ago and my status was “material hold” I haven’t called since because i figured everything has been shut down. When I go.back and check my correspondence the order was drawn up on the evening of the 9th and submitted by the dealership on the 10th. I have since learned here that the order date doesn’t mean that much in the priority process. I’m happy for you and anyone else that has gotten their HEP already . My dealer wanted my 2017 Gt350 trade asap, which I did and now regret. Hoping I don’t end up with no car with this frigging virus.If I even had a vin# I could relax a little.
Doran, I called a couple of weeks ago and was told no vin or build date.
Called today and recording said go to the website and use the chat function, which I did. Was able to chat with Noah who told me of my build date and to contact my dealer for my vin. I contacted my dealer today and now I have a vin.

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
Called today and recording said go to the website and use the chat function, which I did. Was able to chat with Noah who told me of my build date and to contact my dealer for my vin. I contacted my dealer today and now I have a vin.
Congratulations man! Did you order a 350 or 350R HE?

Doran

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info gkoutsok, I will try the chat on Monday morning
Sponsored