Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I really appreciate our conversation that we had the other day and enjoyed the time to talk about all things Mustang-very interesting to say the least! Also, for your help in locating that special HEP 2020 GT350 that is no easy find up here in Canuck Town.
My dealer still hasn't gotten back to me, but I finally made contact with Paul after a few tries on both sides (he actually called me Saturday evening at home). He's going to call me tomorrow to see if we can tweak his order to my preferred options (no leather seats or Tech Pack). According to him, there will be few HEP cars in Canada as most dealers were only allotted one each and many did not opt for the package and went with a regular street GT350. I spotted a new 2020 GT350 in Dartmouth (Red with Black stripes-# L423?) in the showroom. He also said that new 2020 GT500's sent to Canada were to have no more than 30% of total units with the CF Track Pack- why, I don't know. He also mentioned that some of the 5.2 L engine parts from the GT350 would probably find their way into the new Mach 1, but couldn't confirm as certainty. I've heard this rumor as well.
Anyway, will know more this week.....
It was great to talk to another Mustang enthusiast almost as old as me and between us we have been very fortunate to have owned and still own some of these cool Pony cars.

Based on our conversation you certainly are a true enthusiast and wish you the best of luck with Paul as he is a very straight shooter and if there is anyone that should be able to change an upcoming 2020 GT350 order it will be him.

As mentioned during our telephone conversation it was Paul who ordered the 1 of 1 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Metallic 2012 Boss that came with White roof and C stripes and somehow got built in spite of many obstacles. A great story with that car going to a very nice fellow in the local community.

With respect to the 2020 GT500's all Canadian dealerships got 6 allocations with each dealership getting a maximum of 2 CFTP cars of the 6 allocations.

Assuming that there are ~40 SVT/Ford Racing dealerships in Canada that would equate to ~80 CFTP cars or 6.5% of the total CFTP production assuming that the FRAP produces that suggested 1250 cars for the 2020 MY.

Good luck today and hope that all goes well with Paul and tweaking an order for a 2020 GT350 HEP car for you!

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
It was great to talk to another Mustang enthusiast almost as old as me and between us we have been very fortunate to have owned and still own some of these cool Pony cars.

Based on our conversation you certainly are a true enthusiast and wish you the best of luck with Paul as he is a very straight shooter and if there is anyone that should be able to change an upcoming 2020 GT350 order it will be him.

As mentioned during our telephone conversation it was Paul who ordered the 1 of 1 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Metallic 2012 Boss that came with White roof and C stripes and somehow got built in spite of many obstacles. A great story with that car going to a very nice fellow in the local community.

With respect to the 2020 GT500's all Canadian dealerships got 6 allocations with each dealership getting a maximum of 2 CFTP cars of the 6 allocations.

Assuming that there are ~40 SVT/Ford Racing dealerships in Canada that would equate to ~80 CFTP cars or 6.5% of the total CFTP production assuming that the FRAP produces that suggested 1250 cars for the 2020 MY.

Good luck today and hope that all goes well with Paul and tweaking an order for a 2020 GT350 HEP car for you!
Paul is a pro. Got a call from him yesterday and he said he could cancel his order and submit mine instead. Pretty good news, thanks to you! I also know a fellow who owns a towing business and he said he could pick it up from Paul's dealer at a reasonable price if I wasn't in a hurry. Everything seems to be lining up, except the stock market that got thumped last week (I have no pension other than stocks). It seems every time I buy a Mustang the stock market tanks-maybe I'm bad luck. I think I can live in a Coleman tent....
And of course my dealer hasn't called me either. I'm wondering if they wanted the sale in the first place. Perhaps it's too much trouble for them, but they should've let me know.
As discussed, I remember seeing a post and pic of the 2012 Boss 302 in Yellow Blaze c/w white stripes-it was 1 of 1. The guy was from Quebec as I remember, so maybe it's changed hands. You are bang-on with the 2020 GT500 CFTP cars as well. Paul says there are 44 SVT dealers in Canada, each getting 6 cars which equals 80 CFTP cars (30% of total).
Hopefully, more news later!

Sponsored

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor
Am I the only one that really doesn't like the side stripes on the HEP? Worked on the 65, 66's--but for some reason, not digging it on the modern car--to much redundant badging for my taste. Will likely take mine off.

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
Got an estimated delivery date of 4.04.2020 for the R HEP! Holy smokes its been a long 8 months....I think the side stripes are groovy.

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor
Got an estimated delivery date of 4.04.2020 for the R HEP! Holy smokes its been a long 8 months....I think the side stripes are groovy.
Exciting news . March will be a slow month for you!

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350 Heritage Edition
What was your build date kind sir ? If you dont mind sharing .

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
What was your build date kind sir ? If you dont mind sharing .
Don't mind at all! the official build date was actually today March 3rd, 2020. They are estimating about 4 weeks after production for delivery to dealership (mine being Bob Moore Ford in Oklahoma City). Have you received your build date yet? if so, when?

Sponsored

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350 Heritage Edition
Don't mind at all! the official build date was actually today March 3rd, 2020. They are estimating about 4 weeks after production for delivery to dealership (mine being Bob Moore Ford in Oklahoma City). Have you received your build date yet? if so, when?
Mine is the week of March 23rd. Which I'm good with cant drive it here in Wyoming till late May anyway. But I could sure put it in the garage and look at it lol

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
Exciting news . March will be a slow month for you![/
It’s going to be Molasses traveling through arctic circle slow. All good though, still need to search for a reputable Ceramic coating detailer in OKC

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
Am I the only one that really doesn't like the side stripes on the HEP? Worked on the 65, 66's--but for some reason, not digging it on the modern car--to much redundant badging for my taste. Will likely take mine off.
You might grow to like them. It is a bit unlike Ford to overdo it, but trying to stay true to the '65 I guess. You could always remove them if it's too much.
There weren't many '65's that actually came from Shelby that had the OTT stripes (all had the rocker panel stripes). Most were installed at the dealer after purchase (and most were improperly installed as well) and were an option at extra cost.