Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

ATB042

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda S2000, GT350R KR717
If it was me and I was working side by side with Mr Brock, I'd see if he would sign the stripe somewhere before clearcoat. Would be so cool.
Sponsored

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Pete Brock texted me this evening. Sounds like he is very happy with how everything laid out in regards to the OTT stripes. He is still thinking of how to crack the nut on the side stripes given the dimensions but he does have some ideas. Sound like the GT350 will move back from the busy front quarter panel and on to the door.
93CDA312-C263-4396-A045-195AEC0086C0.jpeg
He did not tape the stripes below the hood line because they would be the same dimensions as the front of the hood.

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Pete Brock texted me this evening. Sounds like he is very happy with how everything laid out in regards to the OTT stripes. He is still thinking of how to crack the nut on the side stripes given the dimensions but he does have some ideas. Sound like the GT350 will move back from the busy front quarter panel and on to the door.
He did not tape the stripes below the hood line because they would be the same dimensions as the front of the hood.
It is my understanding that the 1965 GT350 lower side stripes had the "GT350" logo being a 3M adhesive backed tape whereas the "lower side stripes" were painted on.

Obviously Pete can confirm whether my understanding is correct and if so is that something that you might consider?

:sunglasses:

Sponsored

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
It is my understanding that the 1965 GT350 lower side stripes had the "GT350" logo being a 3M adhesive backed tape whereas the "lower side stripes" were painted on.

Obviously Pete can confirm whether my understanding is correct and if so is that something that you might consider?

:sunglasses:
I believe that you are correct. He did say he wants to redesign the lettering and that he thinks the side stripe lines are too “delicate”. He’s basically looking at redesigning the way the side stripe is done. So I guess his take on a modern GT350 instead of forcing the older design on the current car that has different lines. Will be interesting to see what he comes up with. It’s really cool because while he is helping me out here greatly, I think he is actually enjoying doing this.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
I believe that you are correct. He did say he wants to redesign the lettering and that he thinks the side stripe lines are too “delicate”. He’s basically looking at redesigning the way the side stripe is done. So I guess his take on a modern GT350 instead of forcing the older design on the current car that has different lines. Will be interesting to see what he comes up with. It’s really cool because while he is helping me out here greatly, I think he is actually enjoying doing this.
This is incredible. Thank you for sharing.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Actually, the fact that you’re documenting it all here is good for us all, IMHO, if we wish to adopt Pete’s design to our cars.

If he draws this all on a paper napkin, I got dibs!!!

Sponsored

VUDU615

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 HEP
I can't even begin to explain how excited I am to see more updates. this is such a cool story so far.

VUDU615

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 HEP
Personalized plate I ordered back in July. Hopefully this Covid stuff calms down and they print these up for me. Pete Brock loves the plates.
2C56FF68-3B8B-4DE6-B879-A0680D632AB7.jpeg
Will this end up being a digital plate that I have seen going around on the internet?

VUDU615

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 HEP
As far as the side stripes think we are going to paint them on. He’s looking into hand painting the GT350 as opposed to taping it.
Thats going to be awesome, will it be the same old school font or is he thinking he might change it up a bit?
Sponsored