Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
That's what I mean. Nowhere else do I see any mention of the change being an update to steering feel for the 2019. However, the change to Cup 2s certainly changes the steering feel, having done that swap myself. It just sounds like marketing fluff for what is essentially more feel from the tires.
But that’s the confusion. Ever since 2015 every single GT350R has come with Michelin Cup 2 tires—same compound, no change in the R model. Only the 2019 and 2020 base GT350 received a change in tire, a version of cup 2 tires. The tires are not the same compound as the R, but an improved tire in grip compared to the pilot 4S that came on previous base models.

So since the R tires are the exact same as previous models you cannot attribute a change in steering feel to a change in tire because in the R model there was no change in tire.
Sponsored

Last edited:

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
But that’s the confusion. Ever since 2015 every single GT350R has come with Michelin Cup 2 tires—same compound, no change in the R model. Only the 2019 and 2020 base GT350 received a change in tire, a version of cup 2 tires. The tires are not the same compound as the R, but an improved tire in grip compared to the pilot 4S that came on previous base models.

So since the R tires are the exact same as previous models you cannot attribute a change in steering feel to a change in tire because in the R model there was no change in tire.
That's something I don't think a lot of people have realized is the Cup 2 tires on the 2019 350 are not the same as what has been on the R, nor are they the same size. You bring up a good point though, they only mention the standard 350 as the one with the changes for steering feel in 2019 (Due to a change in geometry), but the geometry didn't change.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
That's something I don't think a lot of people have realized is the Cup 2 tires on the 2019 350 are not the same as what has been on the R, nor are they the same size. You bring up a good point though, they only mention the standard 350 as the one with the changes for steering feel in 2019 (Due to a change in geometry), but the geometry didn't change.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/sibling-rivalry-comparing-2019-gt350-gt350r/

There’s a full description of the changes of the 2019 base and the tires. And I agree, most think that the cup 2 are identical, but they’re not. Completely different compounds.

The 2019 base model did not get the steering change. The only GT350 to receive the steering assembly from the GT500 is the 2020 GT350R. That was the improvement that Ford delivered for the upgrade to the GT350R. Although, the ABS upgrade that came to both the GT350/GT350R in 2019 was arguably a bigger deal.

km1075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 C63s, 2020 GT350 HEP
If anyone is looking for a Heritage Edition allocation to secure for themselves, I found two. Both were willing to sell their allocation for MSRP or slightly below. Meyer Ford in Indiana (call Brian Meyer). Hopkins Ford in IL (call salesperson named Kevin).

WesS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
If anyone is looking for a Heritage Edition allocation to secure for themselves, I found two. Both were willing to sell their allocation for MSRP or slightly below. Meyer Ford in Indiana (call Brian Meyer). Hopkins Ford in IL (call salesperson named Kevin).
GT350R?

Sponsored

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
R models are going to be in high demand and probably with an healthy ADM, just my opinion....

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350 Heritage Edition
R models are going to be in high demand and probably with an healthy ADM, just my opinion....
When I ordered my gt350 heritage I talked with dealer about going up to the R because he had a allocation for one. Even preordering it he was throwing a 7500 ADM on it . I passed

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
350 order status.jpeg

Latest updates dealer sent me today. Really no update. Unscheduled Material Hold. I guess progress would be a VIN number. Dealer is pretty good keeping me updated at least weekly.

Frado

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350 Heritage Edition
350 order status.jpeg

Latest updates dealer sent me today. Really no update. Unscheduled Material Hold. I guess progress would be a VIN number. Dealer is pretty good keeping me updated at least weekly.
Call Ford Performance with your order number. They will give you the down low on your car. They wont give you your vin but will tell you the status. I knew a vin had been issued and a build date before my dealer did thanks to Ford Performance.

Sponsored

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Call Ford Performance with your order number. They will give you the down low on your car. They wont give you your vin but will tell you the status. I knew a vin had been issued and a build date before my dealer did thanks to Ford Performance.
Is that just the 800 367-3788 number?

turBO951

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Heritage Edition, 2007 Toyota Matrix XR (winter)
Ordered a GT350 base, Heritage Edition yesterday, MSRP no ADM. Now the long wait which gives me time to clear out the garage :like:
Received the vehicle order confirmation from my Ford dealer, dealer noted March 2020 production and likely May 2020 delivery.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Received the vehicle order confirmation from my Ford dealer, dealer noted March 2020 production and likely May 2020 delivery.
If your dealership confirmed that you already have a scheduled March production timeline then you should have a firm scheduled production date and probably a VIN and if not they are then just guessing.

Based on my understanding FRAP scheduled production dates are determined every Thursday morning and is a collaboration between the FRAP along with certain individuals located in Dearborn.

With the being the case the best time to call FP for an update on your car would be on Thursday afternoon or anytime on Friday as the FP team has the scheduled production updates to view in the computer by then.

Have you confirmed your order with FP and if so have they given you a firm scheduled production date?
Sponsored