Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

VUDU615

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 HEP
Has any of the HEP non-R guys done a square tire setup with 305/35/19. What are your pros/cons?
Sponsored

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Went to look at the HEP R at Golf Mill Ford in Niles, IL even though they said they were asking 20k over and would only discuss price in person.

When you think of the stereotypical "ethically challenged car salesman" that is exactly what my experience was. "What do I need to do to get you into this car today" and almost choked when he said that. Then he added "there are only 2 of these in the country" which I called him out on. Hell, there are 3 that I know of in the state of Illinois. Then he told me how THEY were "the ones negotiating from a position of power" and were able to set the price.

Do people actually believe the constant flow of BS exiting this salesman's mouth I thought to myself?

On to the condition of the car.... I called out the poor alignment/panel gap on the rear bumper and some of the paint issues I found on the car to which he replied to tell me a story how he just sold a GT500 sight unseen to a guy that paid cash and was happy to do so. I explained that for a $80,000+ should not have a rear bumper fit like that..... and his reply to be was "maybe this car isn't for you."

Needless to say Golf Mill Ford in Niles, IL could have offered me the car at invoice at that point and I would have walked. That was the single worst car buying/shopping experience I have ever endured.... so bad in fact I'm tempted to write a Yelp review.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Went to look at the HEP R at Golf Mill Ford in Niles, IL even though they said they were asking 20k over and would only discuss price in person.

When you think of the stereotypical "ethically challenged car salesman" that is exactly what my experience was. "What do I need to do to get you into this car today" and almost choked when he said that. Then he added "there are only 2 of these in the country" which I called him out on. Hell, there are 3 that I know of in the state of Illinois. Then he told me how THEY were "the ones negotiating from a position of power" and were able to set the price.

Do people actually believe the constant flow of BS exiting this salesman's mouth I thought to myself?

On to the condition of the car.... I called out the poor alignment/panel gap on the rear bumper and some of the paint issues I found on the car to which he replied to tell me a story how he just sold a GT500 sight unseen to a guy that paid cash and was happy to do so. I explained that for a $80,000+ should not have a rear bumper fit like that..... and his reply to be was "maybe this car isn't for you."

Needless to say Golf Mill Ford in Niles, IL could have offered me the car at invoice at that point and I would have walked. That was the single worst car buying/shopping experience I have ever endured.... so bad in fact I'm tempted to write a Yelp review.
Yelp is a joke!
I didnā€™t think anybody relies on them anymore. They were called out years ago when it was discovered businesses were able to pad their own reviews.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Yelp is a joke!
I didnā€™t think anybody relies on them anymore. They were called out years ago when it was discovered businesses were able to pad their own reviews.
I am not only the president of the "Yelp is fake" club but I'm also a member!
Still looking for that sarcasm font......

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I am not only the president of the "Yelp is fake" club but I'm also a member!
Still looking for that sarcasm font......
Yes I signed up for it quite a while ago as well but soon discovered it wasnā€™t for me and mine.

Sponsored

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)

When you think of the stereotypical "ethically challenged car salesman" that is exactly what my experience was. "What do I need to do to get you into this car today"
Hi Chris, sorry you had a bad day but your story brought a smile to my face as it triggered an old memory. In 1994 my wife and I were at a Toyota dealership in Burlington, VT, looking to buy a truck. The salesman was obnoxious and overbearing and used the "what's it going to take to get you in this car today?" line. My wife, who is normally poker-faced, burst out laughing and said "this is like a bad movie!". We got up and walked out, but even today (26 years later), she still laughs at that incident. Some things never change. It sounds like you gave better than you got. Hang in there, the onset of winter weather will change the tune of northern dealers.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
.......Hang in there, the onset of winter weather will change the tune of northern dealers.
You got that! ... and The silver lining if thereā€™s another shut down this winter.... deals on Rā€™s abound! Greedy dealers stuck hung out to dry begging to only loose a couple of thousand on that anvil in the showroom before the ship starts to take on water (so to speak).

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
This must be the first HEP to get the Fathouse Fabrications package. Satin Guardsmen Blue Signature Wheel SV701. Much more to follow.

SV701 Guardsmen Blue Blatz.jpg

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
This must be the first HEP to get the Fathouse Fabrications package. Satin Guardsmen Blue Signature Wheel SV701. Much more to follow.

SV701 Guardsmen Blue Blatz.jpg
Donā€™t you mean ā€œaā€ Fathouse Package?
Will be watching this. Maybe start a new thread?

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor

Tempted to right a review? i would have gone straight to the GM with what happened. Turds roll down hill, so maybe that is the way they are trained--but I doubt it.

Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Donā€™t you mean ā€œaā€ Fathouse Package?
Will be watching this. Maybe start a new thread?
Fathouse Fabrications is known for their various N/A and turbo packages for the GT350. I can definitely do a stand alone thread once the car is done and photographed.

km1075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 C63s, 2020 GT350 HEP

I live in the area. I haven't heard great things about Golf Mill Ford. Your experience matches what I've heard.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
I live in the area. I haven't heard great things about Golf Mill Ford. Your experience matches what I've heard.
I grew up in the area. I was speaking with a friend about my search and mentioned I would not even bother going to Golf Mill Ford as I was already well aware of their well earned reputation back in the 80's and 90's. That friend mentioned that they were under new ownership so I thought I'd give 'em a shot. Well, ownership may be new, but it's the same old story.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Tempted to right a review? i would have gone straight to the GM with what happened. Turds roll down hill, so maybe that is the way they are trained--but I doubt it.
Just received an email from the GM asking for a call.....