Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

GT350RHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition LR002
Nice! So that's LR034?
I'd love to be able to add your chassis # to our spreadsheet/registry of HEP cars here:

If you can share the last 4 digits of your VIN, I can update it. Thx!

Edit: Whoa! Nice feature of the new forum update!

You can update my car which is LR002 as delivered and has all options. I have had my car for quite a while now.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I wish I had another stall in the stable.

FordGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350HEP
I got mine in Yukon Ok outa town or I would post the vin

Sponsored

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
@ Pecak, Have a look at my instagram @gt350rheritage. Here are some other photos as well with a white background that is able to differentiate Wimbledon white.
Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 11.47.18 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 1.43.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 11.47.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 11.47.42 PM.png
This really looks amazing. How much of a paint correction did they need to do? Curious how good/bad it is from the factory

ShiftyZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 1965 Mustang Fastback
This really looks amazing. How much of a paint correction did they need to do? Curious how good/bad it is from the factory
I got my 2020 HEPR back from the shop a week ago. I had paint correction, PPF and Ceramic Pro Gold done.

As for paint correction: the overall paint quality is not great from the factory. SO much orange peel. With the Wimbledon White it’s not super noticeable. But the black wing, rear badge area, etc. is pretty bad. Of course, paint correction doesn’t fix the orange peel.

The shop showed me all the scratches that came from the factory. Honestly, it’s not something I would have even cared about with another car. After correction, it’s all gone. It was the least expensive part of the protection work I did. Took about a day.

Hope this helps!

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I got my 2020 HEPR back from the shop a week ago. I had paint correction, PPF and Ceramic Pro Gold done.

As for paint correction: the overall paint quality is not great from the factory. SO much orange peel. With the Wimbledon White it’s not super noticeable. But the black wing, rear badge area, etc. is pretty bad. Of course, paint correction doesn’t fix the orange peel.

The shop showed me all the scratches that came from the factory. Honestly, it’s not something I would have even cared about with another car. After correction, it’s all gone. It was the least expensive part of the protection work I did. Took about a day.

Hope this helps!
Thanks. I'm going to do the Paint correction and the PPF the entire car. Curious on what they did to the stripes for your PPF - did they just go over it?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Yes, it is a no brainer.

Make sure you are getting the Ford warranty and not the aftermarket one. You want Ford TireCare.
I thought Ford wasn’t offering the wheel insurance anymore for the R. Great they are. What is the fine print?
There are plenty of T&W packages out there and they all have their quirks that don’t cover this or that.
I deal with these Ins. Co’s regularly and I never know what they cover. Bent wheel? No coverage unless there is a leak. Leaks are rare with bent wheels! This is just one example.

Sponsored

ShiftyZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I'm going to do the Paint correction and the PPF the entire car. Curious on what they did to the stripes for your PPF - did they just go over it?
They taped off the stripes (see photo) during paint correction.

As for PPF - I did full front, mirrors, rocker panels and rear quarter (he threw that in). Full car is pricey and, even according to the shop, really not necessary.

Now for the stripes. I did NOT remove them which means you WILL see a thin air line since PPF goes over them. This would be unbearable on a dark car, but it’s ok (for me) on this color. I took it back yesterday for them to try and push even more air out and I’m going back again in a couple weeks for more. So just know there will be a thin line.

03E064A0-AD58-43DE-A854-8049C2CA99BF.jpeg

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
They taped off the stripes (see photo) during paint correction.

As for PPF - I did full front, mirrors, rocker panels and rear quarter (he threw that in). Full car is pricey and, even according to the shop, really not necessary.

Now for the stripes. I did NOT remove them which means you WILL see a thin air line since PPF goes over them. This would be unbearable on a dark car, but it’s ok (for me) on this color. I took it back yesterday for them to try and push even more air out and I’m going back again in a couple weeks for more. So just know there will be a thin line.

03E064A0-AD58-43DE-A854-8049C2CA99BF.jpeg
Thanks thats super helpful. Going to do the exact same thing. How much did they charge you for the paint correction? And what did they do about the black plastic ground effects? I know for full PPF its going to be 5.5k but in my view if im holding onto the car and live in the shitty state of NJ with the roads and the weather its just worth it to me for my own peace of mind. (Im also removing the PSC2s right away and going to sell them as i need to drive all year round)

I just never thought about the paint correction cost and want a comparison so i can negotiate. I would hope they would drop it down as they are highly recommended and an Xpel certified installer as i dont want to mess around with any non certified shops. Yours looks amazing overall those pics are killer!!

ShiftyZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
Thanks thats super helpful. Going to do the exact same thing. How much did they charge you for the paint correction? And what did they do about the black plastic ground effects? I know for full PPF its going to be 5.5k but in my view if im holding onto the car and live in the shitty state of NJ with the roads and the weather its just worth it to me for my own peace of mind. (Im also removing the PSC2s right away and going to sell them as i need to drive all year round)

I just never thought about the paint correction cost and want a comparison so i can negotiate. I would hope they would drop it down as they are highly recommended and an Xpel certified installer as i dont want to mess around with any non certified shops. Yours looks amazing overall those pics are killer!!
Thanks! They did a great job.

I’m in SoCal, so not sure how prices compare. But here’s a data point for you. I went with the #1 shop in LA so expected to pay more, but wanted the peace of mind of great work. In the end, I think the price was fair.

I paid $3,600 for paint correction (he said this was only $500-$600 of the cost), ceramic pro gold (lifetime warranty, full car, wheels, calipers and windshield) and Xpel on full front (wrapped), mirrors, rockers and rear quarters. I don’t remember which Xpel, but it’s the one with the 10 year warranty. As for the plastic bits, no PPF and I’m actually not sure if they got the ceramic coating. Probably? I should have asked.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I thought Ford wasn’t offering the wheel insurance anymore for the R. Great they are. What is the fine print?
There are plenty of T&W packages out there and they all have their quirks that don’t cover this or that.
I deal with these Ins. Co’s regularly and I never know what they cover. Bent wheel? No coverage unless there is a leak. Leaks are rare with bent wheels! This is just one example.
I agree, if they are, get it. It will be the best 1K you ever spent.

Fine print is that it has to be road hazard. The wheel must be structurally damaged. Cosmetic won't cut it. Another point to mention, I am not talking about any aftermarket wheel warranty. I am talking about Ford TireCare.

Good news is that the tires are included as well. The will repair a tire if it can be repaired, but if it cannot, you get a new tire. The Cup2s are expensive, so one tire mishap and your warranty has been paid for.

The bad news..... Some have reported that the TireCare wheel warranty was later rejected.... Issued in error so to say. So if you can buy the warranty, buy it and hope you don't get a phone call.

When I tried to buy the warranty for my 18 base R, I was told it was not available. Other reported the same thing. So if they did enable CF wheels to get the warranty, that is good news.

Last edited:

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
I agree, if they are, get it. It will be the best 1K you ever spent.

Fine print is that it has to be road hazard. The wheel must be structurally damaged. Cosmetic won't cut it. Another point to mention, I am not talking about any aftermarket wheel warranty. I am talking about Ford TireCare.

Good news is that the tires are included as well. The will repair a tire if it can be repaired, but if it cannot, you get a new tire. The Cup2s are expensive, so one tire mishap and your warranty has been paid for.

The bad news..... Some have reported that the TireCare wheel warranty was later rejected.... Issued in error so to say. So if you can buy the warranty, buy it and hope you don't get a phone call.

When I tried to buy the warranty for my 18 base R, I was told it was not available. Other reported the same thing. So if they did enable CF wheels to get the warranty, that is good news.
So what does something like this cost and did the dealer chip in a dime?
Sponsored