Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I dont think there is a solid number, but from what I remember the speculation is that there will be around 200 or 300
Not suggesting that you are wrong on these possible production numbers but curious where the speculation of 200 or 300 cars came from?
Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Not suggesting that you are wrong on these possible production numbers but curious where the speculation of 200 or 300 cars came from?
That came from you:clap:

I dont remember exactly what was said but from what I remember you were talking about how you thought there would be something like 150 or 300 going to be made. You looked at the VIN sheet and did some numbers crunching, it seemed like you were super into that.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That came from you:clap:

I dont remember exactly what was said but from what I remember you were talking about how you thought there would be something like 150 or 300 going to be made. You looked at the VIN sheet and did some numbers crunching, it seemed like you were super into that.
Not sure if you are lumping all HEP production numbers together but I certainly have a hard time imagining myself suggesting ~300 HEP R's will be produced during any conversation and suggest that definitely will not happen at least based on my understanding of conversations with individuals that seem to be in the know.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Not sure if you are lumping all HEP production numbers together but I certainly have a hard time imagining myself suggesting ~300 HEP R's will be produced during any conversation and suggest that definitely will not happen at least based on my understanding of conversations with individuals that seem to be in the know.
Okay, sorry I must have misspoke then. My memory is not the best, especially when it comes to names and numbers. The past few months have been a haze for me.

How many HEP and HEP Rs do you think will be made?

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
165 would be cool! In honor of 1965:sunglasses:

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
165 would be cool! In honor of 1965:sunglasses:
Paolo, good thought and that could very well be the number and if you are correct that would be pretty cool!

Remember back in 2015 when Ford launched the 2015 50th Anniversary Mustang GT in both WW and Kona Blue with Ford coming up with a total of 1964 cars built in order to commemorate the launch of Mustang back in April 1964 therefore you may be onto something here.

During discussions many months ago 350 HEP cars for each model was discussed but it is my understanding that the 350 cars suggested for the R model was turned down quickly but the door was left open for the non R cars and suggest that the non R production numbers may come close to the 350 but certainly not the case with the R model.

Having said that those discussions took place 7 months ago and as we all know things can change quickly in Dearborn.

:)

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP LR032, 2020 Raptor
154 miles officially in the bank. Never rev'd above 4,000, varied the speed continuously, and did my best to bed the breaks. I guess I will know in another tank of gas or so if I did it right if the dipstick still shows oil.

Cars is fantastic. I haven't been able to take a photo yet that conveys how amazing the HEP looks in person. People stop and stare, and take photos.

Sold my Cup2s and put the Michelin PS4S in the 295/305 per the Billy Johnson recommendation. He is right--fits the rims perfectly--and with the GT500 steering knuckle--zero tramlining.

But...with something rare like this...the paranoia about dings and anyone parking next to you is intense. Haha.

You guys waiting have something special coming.
IMG_1262.jpg
IMG_1271.jpeg

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Love the pics. Love Utah. I try and get up there every year. I have a lot of family up there. All in the Summit County area. Coalville and Kamas. Glad you are doing better and able to get the car out.

Last edited:

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Love the pics. Love Utah. I try and get up there every year. I have a lot of family up there. All in the Summit County area. Coalville and Kamas. Glad you are doing better and able to get the car out.
Many thanks. Yeah, Utah is awesome. Grew up in the California Bay Area, while I miss my Giants, you couldn’t pay me to move back.

Sponsored

NCFlyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE
Put185 miles on mine in two days of cruising the back roads of central Carolina trying to complete a solid break-in. What a blast to drive! I loved driving my 15 GT but this is a totally different experience--power, that Voodoo sound, precision handling and solid feel kept a smile my face the entire time. Not only was the drive fun but we met an interesting older car fan too. We drove past a house that had an old Texaco gas pump out front and I immediately think "Photo" time so I quickly turned around and low and behold we then see an amazing collection of gas pumps and other auto memorabilia. The owner came out to meet us and it turns out his collection is more than just the pumps, the garage stalls were filled with classic cars from the late 50s to early 60s. He gave us the grand tour and provide details on each car and most are unmolested cars and in fantastic condition too. We had a great time chatting up old cars and he even liked my Mustang cause it was a "Shelby." You never know who you may meet if you're willing to hello.
350 at Sharpes garage.JPG

The Road Well Heeled

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage
I am finally able to drive and will be taking delivery of my HEP-R tomorrow. I have sold my Cup2s, and will be having Michelin PS4S's in the sizes Billy Johnson recommended--295/30/19s front, 305/30/19s rear. Will let you know what I think.

I too am thinking street rims to preserve the CF wheels--Forgeline or Signatures have been shortlisted.
Wanting to preserve my original rims and tires,, I ordered Signature SV02's from Terrance with the following specs:

- 19 inch wheels in brushed Triple Black (as close to stock color spec on R carbon wheels)
- Front wheels at 11 inches to accommodate 305/30 tires
- Rear wheels of 12 inches to accommodate 325/30 tires.
- medium concavity (stock spec)
- designed such that the 'poke' is identical to stock as to not having to worry about excessive rocks being thrown due to the wider than spec tire (325 vs. 315)

Im hoping to have the wheels by the end of July and will share photos and impressions

Todd

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
awesome. can’t wait to see them. may copy you. but i am still leaning forgeline.

ParkCity06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
awesome. can’t wait to see them. may copy you. but i am still leaning forgeline.
is there a digit missing on the wheel model you are getting. i don’t see the 02.

The Road Well Heeled

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage
Looking forward to sharing. My goal was to maintain the stock appearance as close as possible. I was tempted by a gun smoke finish but in the end wanted to maintain the stock appearance. I debated a square set up as well but went with the staggered set for the sake of having a bit more rubber in the back.

I have to share as well that Terrance (50 Deep) is exceptionally knowledgable about wheels, set-up, pro's/cons tradeoffs etc and will answer all of your questions. Ultimately the level of service and knowledge that he provided sealed the deal on my decision to purchase from him. He's been fantastic to work with.

Todd
Sponsored