Lightning Blue 2017 Shelby GT350 Mustang

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
You probably wouldn't even lose money on it the way everything is right now. What's your chassis # and significance?
In my younger years, one of my favorite cars was the 959. I finally got one in the form of a GT350 with chassis number 0959 ;)
Sponsored

f e r

Dapper.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fach 1 / Jeep SRT8

The Lightning looks a bit darker than the Liquid to me. That shot of the Lightning Shelby make it look kind of matte finish too, but it is really dirty. Heck, cleaned up, with a nice coat of wax, and in better lighting it could almost be the same car minus the spoilers and black roof. :D
I bet they're very similar. For one, Lightning Blue is dirty as hell and weather do not help. It looks pretty cloudy which can make the blue seem darker than it really is. Liquid on the other hand, its clean af and hit with a massive amount of light :cheers:

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I bet they're very similar. For one, Lightning Blue is dirty as hell and weather do not help. It looks pretty cloudy which can make the blue seem darker than it really is. Liquid on the other hand, its clean af and hit with a massive amount of light :cheers:
They won't be exactly the same, because Liquid Blue is a multi-stage paint that is very expensive and only makes sense for show cars. So, the color of Lightning Blue may be close, but the depth, sheen and the way it reflects light (and your perception of the color) will be different.

f e r

Dapper.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fach 1 / Jeep SRT8
They won't be exactly the same, because Liquid Blue is a multi-stage paint that is very expensive and only makes sense for show cars. So, the color of Lightning Blue may be close, but the depth, sheen and the way it reflects light (and your perception of the color) will be different.
Exactly :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
This picture makes me wonder if the currect track spoiler is the standard spoiler for the 2017 non R GT350. Hope thats the case.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
This picture makes me wonder if the currect track spoiler is the standard spoiler for the 2017 non R GT350. Hope thats the case.
It's supposed to be standard now.

SWLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is suppose to be standard now

Sponsored

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I've never liked the purple aspect of DIB. Two days ago I saw a binder at a local dealer that had full page color sheets of the 2017 colors. Lightning Blue is a GORGEOUS color (BTW, it has no teal in it) and a 2017 Mustang in Lightning Blue will be my next car. I just put my Harley up for sale so I can order one as soon as it becomes available.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
I've never liked the purple aspect of DIB. Two days ago I saw a binder at a local dealer that had full page color sheets of the 2017 colors. Lightning Blue is a GORGEOUS color (BTW, it has no teal in it) and a 2017 Mustang in Lightning Blue will be my next car. I just put my Harley up for sale so I can order one as soon as it becomes available.
You wouldnt happen to know if every dealer has a binder like that? Standard dealer issue, or whatever its called?

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Sorry I don't know. When I asked to see a color brochure I thought I was going to see one like was already posted here with several small snips of different colors on each page; when he pulled out that book I was like "oh yeah". The full page gave a better idea of the color. When I went to a different dealer to show my wife the next day, that dealer did not have it.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Thanks. Ive seen the small snips, and while I *THINK* LB will look awesome.... its just too small of a snip to actually really place it...

Daniel

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Make those panel gaps a lot closer and it would look awesome. Check out the difference in the show car...gaps are nearly non existing. The driver has massive gaps. QC!!!!
Sponsored