Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Even in my coyote swapped fox with full 3" exhaust, no cats, race bullets, etc., I could carry on a conversation with no problem.
Can’t compare Fox body to S550 cabin acoustics.
Your car your choice, I respect that.
You’ve come to the right forum board for solid advice and opinions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Can’t compare Fox body to S550 cabin acoustics.
You car your choice, I respect that.
You’ve come to the right forum board for solid advice and opinions.
You're right, a foxbody is worse for cabin noise lol
I do appreciate the input though!

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Honda, Subaru, etc guys use titanium or aluminum for light weight exhaust, I don’t think the aftermarket has stepped up to offer those for the S550 platform yet though. I used titanium for my 03 wrx, I could hold the entire exhaust easily with one hand and my 02 S2000 I used aluminum exhaust pipe.
They have one for the ecoboost but not the GT. Usually this is a four banger thing though it isn't unheard of for the V8 guys. Though I have only seen them for Corvette's.

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
You could probably fab up an aluminium catback if you know someone that can Tig weld. I think Vibrant offers an aluminum resonator like you mentioned you wish to use. We were gonna do a similar setup on my 96 Cobra but it never came to be. The Aluminum will have a little different resonance as well, not sure how that would sound on a Coyote which is already on the raspy side.

OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
You could probably fab up an aluminium catback if you know someone that can Tig weld. I think Vibrant offers an aluminum resonator like you mentioned you wish to use. We were gonna do a similar setup on my 96 Cobra but it never came to be. The Aluminum will have a little different resonance as well, not sure how that would sound on a Coyote which is already on the raspy side.
Main problem is it could get expensive and possibly not worth the time and money. I'll most likely just go with a cat back that has resonators only or bullet style. Much appreciate the input though!
Sponsored