Letter to FORD addressing ADM?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I didn't look close. As much as i love the R, it wouldn't suit me as a DD.
It was not intended to be a DD, hence the R (race)
Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
It was not intended to be a DD, hence the R (race)

It was a joke tom, I know the cars intent. My point was I was at Beach Ford picking up a DD, so didn't look to hard at the R they had sitting there.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Only a fool buys any new car
My car new with a new car warranty, better shifter and power bump over the 2015-17 was $8K off MSRP. Used would have had been only a few grand less with more miles and less warranty.

waterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZLE, 2013 Honda Si, Grandad's 67 C2 L89
Not here to condone ADM's but when was the last time that GM ever produced a Pony Car that actually commanded an ADM as it sure wasn't a 2014/2015 Z28 or your ZL1 1LE?

When was the last time that the Camaro outsold the Mustang aside from a month here or there? Been a long time and GM knows they have a serious problem with Mustang hammering Camaro year after year in sales volumes.

It all comes down to supply and demand with the demand being much greater for the last generation GT500's, Boss 302's, GT350/R's and now the upcoming 2020 GT500 thus unfortunately ADM's come into play.

I find it interesting that someone that owns a Camaro would come on to a Mustang forum and preach to us hard working individuals as to why we are so foolish for spending whatever amount of money for a Pony Car that we are all passionate about.

Have to wonder who the real fool is?

Just saying.

:)
FWIW, owning a 2017 GT350 w/tp is what introduced me into this forum. I paid no ADM, although I did have to do some shopping and then pay for shipping.

Although the sound and rev were awesome, that Voodoo drank oil like a sailor on leave, so I had to dump it. Not a brand fanboy, I just like fast and was curious about GT500.

Butthurt?

waterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZLE, 2013 Honda Si, Grandad's 67 C2 L89
Couldnt see out of the Camaros blind spots,he didnt know he was on a mustang forum
This is always entertaining. Some form of worn out fanboy go to.

My father and grandfather taught me how properly to use mirrors as a teenager. Visibility in any car is a non issue for an experienced driver.

Sponsored

eighty6gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt
I paid $1000 under sticker for my Bullitt in 2008. I had no idea they could charge ADM on a Bullitt! Was reading some earlier pages.

I guess we should feel lucky that we live in a society where people can afford this stuff at all. I think I did my one and done for the new car experience when I got mine.. they become used cars pretty quickly. I know mine did when the dealership put a block heater in for me. I had purchased the parts myself and was going to do it, but the dealer got wind of it when my dad dropped by and mentioned I was doing the work.... so they said they would do it for free since they considered it an oversight. I left my home city really early in the morning so I could drop the car off and it would cool down before they worked on it. They dumped the coolant, installed the block heater, coiled up the cord in my factory CAI bucket (?,) and let me leave. 5 miles out of town the car went into limp mode, temperature pegged - they had not filled the coolant.

Patience is a virtue - so what if the new cars are expensive and there's ADM - just wait a few years and people will be getting rid of them for the next hot thing. Look at how dirt cheap hellcats are now.

OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Being the 1st and ONLY original owner.....Too ME does add value at least to myself.....no hidden stories or issues.....And outside of the ADM Fords we are talking about the last 3 new cars/trucks i bought, the price between slightly used and NEW was so close it didn't make sense to buy used.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
if ther are not enough produced, to cover the demand, it is limited

And if you can't go to a dealer and just order one because there is specific alotment system. It's limited.

The odd thing is ADM doesn't make a Ford a cent, building and selling more GT350's would. So I don't understand why they won't make as many as the market will bear before they have to offer incentives on them like 95% of the other vehicles they sell.

lucasmelobr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Auto
If Ford wants to make money, they will produce enough. If not, dealers will offer prices buyers are willing to pay. This plain and simple market.
I want one but the market will do what it does... If ford is smart they will produce a ton of them.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

My father and grandfather taught me how properly to use mirrors as a teenager. Visibility in any car is a non issue for an experienced driver.
Ok, then how about flat out the thing looks like crap!

Sponsored

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
If Ford wants to make money, they will produce enough. If not, dealers will offer prices buyers are willing to pay. This plain and simple market.
I want one but the market will do what it does... If ford is smart they will produce a ton of them.
They will. People thought the gt350 was gonna be hard to get and they are a dime a dozen.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
They will. People thought the gt350 was gonna be hard to get and they are a dime a dozen.
I have 10 dimes here. I'll give you a deal - 10 dimes for 100 GT350s. Let me know when you are going to drop them off. Kthanx

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

GM has see-through pillars now huh..

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
And if you can't go to a dealer and just order one because there is specific alotment system. It's limited.

The odd thing is ADM doesn't make a Ford a cent, building and selling more GT350's would. So I don't understand why they won't make as many as the market will bear before they have to offer incentives on them like 95% of the other vehicles they sell.
Right, it seems like Business 101, if the dealers can get ADM, that means there's an under-supply/over-demand, so BUILD MORE. I mean, the market for a ~$70-90K Mustang is still a limited market, but don't get into a GT350/350R situation. Surely it's not a production limitation.

This kind of goes along with a discussion earlier in this thread, about the GT500 being a Shelby car, and it's like they want to artificially limit availability to create more "mystique" and value with the Shelby/Cobra marque.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
GM has see-through pillars now huh..
I've sat in several, driven a couple, I've adjusted all three mirrors, fiddled with the seating and steering wheel position, I'm not hugely tall or super small, I've been driving for decades in a wide range of vehicle makes/models - and without question, the visibility is crap-tacular - and I say this as someone who's actually considering a ZL1 convertible (to replace my '16 GT vert).
Sponsored