Sponsored

Letter to FORD addressing ADM?

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Your probably right for the mindless generally knowledgeless salesmen i have encountered (few exceptions) it probably is easier to sell a car on the lot. But not sure how much easier it gets then here salesmen order me this car with options x, y, z, here is my check, tell me when it comes in......
And for that ease you will pay ADM.
Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1

dark_termi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
My goodness guys, if you don’t wanna pay adm than wait a few months to snatch one up. There’ll be plenty to go around. Scoop up one of the many fine choices of performance vehicals in the $70-100k while u wait for the dust to settle.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Hey, this is capitalism at work. Nobody forced anybody to buy a car with ADM.

I paid ADM on my Bullitt. As a result, I've been having a blast with it for the past 4 months and I didn't have to drive out of state to get it.

Someday, I might be able to get one at MSRP or less from the same dealer. Some day. When is that, exactly?

Ford, like virtually every other large corporation, sucks hard. A company exists to make money. Some like to be "socially responsible" (whatever that means--usually it means they don't want any trouble from "activists").

Vote with your dollars.

Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
MSRP is one thing (and the Suggested part is the problem), but dealer trying to put $10k-$20k isn't just making a little coin, it's forcing people (those who want to buy) into paying a higher price for no other reason than the dealer is trying to take more money out of your pocket.
It's not forcing anyone to buy at that price.

ADMs work in the dealer's favor because dopes are willing to pay to be first. And all the buyers that did so with the 350/R will never get that money back. Hopefully they don't plan on selling, ever.

If everyone refused to pay anything but MSRP, then that's what every last one would sell for.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

ADMs work in the dealer's favor because dopes are willing to pay to be first. And all the buyers that did so with the 350/R will never get that money back. Hopefully they don't plan on selling, ever.

Exactly.

If everyone refused to pay anything but MSRP, then that's what every last one would sell for.
Exactly.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

You're right. We should all make a pact and teach Ford and all those greedy dealers a lesson. :crackup:

I guess it's the golden rule. He who holds the gold rules. If you don't want to pay a premium, don't. Then wait your turn.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang

I don’t consider myself a “dope”, exactly. Just a guy who wanted a car likely to be in short supply indefinitely and who paid a premium for the privilege of moving to the front of a line of unknown length.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t consider myself a “dope”, exactly. Just a guy who wanted a car likely to be in short supply indefinitely and who paid a premium for the privilege of moving to the front of a line of unknown length.
Aka Sucker.

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
just say NO to adm! let it rot!!!!

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
id do some searches on here for MSRP gt350 from '16 and '17. Then search thru posts and find the dealers that were named.
Thats basically what ive done already. If nothing else, it helps ease the waiting game and act like im doing something productive.

As a capitalist, ADM sounds fine, its supply and demand. However, it is EXACTLY why i dont have a GT350 currently. $20k on top that I will never ever ever get back, Ill just sit and wait 70k for a car, id rather be in a 997

The only leverage I have, is i am friends with a few GMs, i do own an automotive event business, can/will list/advertise the dealership that gets me one as a sponsor, have the $$ to actually follow through, willing to pay a few $k over msrp, AND the wifes 17 explorer lease is up in Jan 20, so i will go to them for the 20 Explorer for her.

To me that sounds like a good deal for both parties, but some eople just cant see past the immidiate $$

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thats basically what ive done already. If nothing else, it helps ease the waiting game and act like im doing something productive.

As a capitalist, ADM sounds fine, its supply and demand. However, it is EXACTLY why i dont have a GT350 currently. $20k on top that I will never ever ever get back, Ill just sit and wait 70k for a car, id rather be in a 997

The only leverage I have, is i am friends with a few GMs, i do own an automotive event business, can/will list/advertise the dealership that gets me one as a sponsor, have the $$ to actually follow through, willing to pay a few $k over msrp, AND the wifes 17 explorer lease is up in Jan 20, so i will go to them for the 20 Explorer for her.

To me that sounds like a good deal for both parties, but some eople just cant see past the immidiate $$
Don't wait. Make your deal now or the wait will be longer.
Sponsored