Sponsored

Letter to FORD addressing ADM?

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
Ya. R's are everywhere...
Well neither are the Omni GLHS that Carroll Shelby did only 500 of in 1986 only at his factory which were retitled as Shelby Automobiles. Over 500 GT350R's rolled down Flat Rock's assembly line in 2016 alone in comparison.
Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Well neither are the Omni GLHS that Carroll Shelby did only 500 of in 1986 only at his factory which were retitled as Shelby Automobiles. Over 500 GT350R's rolled down Flat Rock's assembly line in 2016 alone in comparison.
You better go find one of those gems then.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It will always be like this. I watched the Terminator, 07 GT500, 13 GT500, 16 GT350/R all get marked up. it boils down to one simple thing, demand. As long as 90% of them are selling at their marked up price nothing will happen. If people get tired of it and say only 30-30% sell with a Major ADM, something may change. I remember when the 350R was hitting dealers and you couldn't even find one to LOOK at, much less buy, and 95% were going for 20k over sticker.

if no one pays the adm's. there wont be any.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If one is willing to pay the ADM more power to them, because we all know that after the initial roll out - those who paid the ADM will unload that vehicle and the next buyer will get the better deal based on not paying the ADM and depreciation alone.

Plus there are many folks who are able to find vehicles where they’re not paying any ADM. Ford Corporate doesn’t care about ADM.

Prime example of those who paid excessive ADM and there’s no investment gained:

2000 Cobra R

Many folks were paying in excess of $75-$90k just to get one.... you know those type of folks - the same that “just gotta have it”... well that same vehicle today, you can pick them up for $45-50k, an original buyer who forked over $20k+ ADM will never see gains.

Another example:
1995 Cobra R

Again, Ford tried limiting sales to only those who had track licenses but we all know how that played out... again folks over paid for those R’s and again you can pretty much grab one today in pristine condition for $30-$40k...

The same is going to be true of the “modern” produced Shelby’s be it a GT350R or a GT500, or insert future Shelby here - folks are going to pay the ridiculous ADM (just as some did with the Bullitt) and the investment on return isn’t going to be significant.

You want a vehicle that will appreciate in value, buy a Ford GT or the S550 Cobra Jet - limited numbers and worth their current prices. Future resale values on those vehicles will also be high and original buyers who paid in excess of MSRP will make coin.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Learned my lesson the hard way.

1. I don’t have the money, or sensibility to pay ADM again . I understand free markets, but Ford does reap what it sows. The number of personal aquintences and including myself that have moved agnostic on the brand where we were once true blue is pretty shocking. Car sales will continue to be more and more competitive. Don’t sleep on some of these brands that used to be junk. Wife picked up a turbo 6 stinger and it’s legit.

2. No brand can withstand quality and reliability concerns when they break out from forums and start becoming part of the common “belief”. The voodoo is largely trashed for reliability on many serious track forums. Failures are well, bad for business. I don’t care about what some guy over at a forum says but when you have professional drivers telling folks to drop the flat plane, well people listen. I mention this due to what is a fundamental mismatch between what people thought the service experience should be for a premium, ADM car, and what we get. Ford treats you like you bought a eco-wtf. If ADM is going to be par for the course dealers would do well to remember it when the car comes in with issues, but in my experience they don’t.

3. Again, after buying what people thought was a special vehicle they get treated like assholes when they realize it drinks oil like a sailor chugs rum. God forbid if the 500 has some kind of widespread problem don’t act like it isn’t important to the customer. Don’t leave it to dealers, get Ford service back in the game. They used to be helpful before this CEO.

4. If the 500 escapes launch without teething issues, the DCT actually turns out to be GTG, and at some point ADM evaporates I might buy one. But certainly not before. Between shift forks, 10 speed problems, cylinder scoring, and other issues like AC and Alternators, I don’t think Ford can pull these kinds of cars off properly on round one.

Flame away, but buy early and high at your own risk. If you really just got to have it now, roll your dice. Shit I’m just honest. I can’t afford another emotional first model year purchase and take a chance like that.

Sponsored

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I mean this literally is scalping at the dealership level.
You can call it scalping if you like, but the better term is supply and demand. If there is a limited supply of something that a lot of people want the price will be high. It's the same reason ALL super cars are expensive.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Ha!!
Loyalty, huh?
Try Harley Davidson for loyalty.
They'll spit in your face.

Ford is a company that has a BOD to answer to. Their main purpose is to make money.

By the way; when I bought my '17 GT, Ford had a $750 advantage for Ford Ranger Loyalty.
I'd had a Ranger for 30 years. Not to mention I was trading in a '12 Escape.
Did I get the offer; No.

Ford doesn't make any more money from ADM, only the dealer.

Maybe buy 1 share of Ford stock. Then write a letter as a stock holder complaining that Ford spent all this money developing the GT500, then doesn't make enough to to satisfy demand and make a significant profit on them. Maybe point to GM, who seems to make a lot more ZL1's than Ford makes Shelby's.

Or wait 3 years, and you can probably buy one at MSRP (but no incentives).

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
If you pay adm, more power to you since it’s your money. I envy that you get to drive the car first, but I’m also pissed off that you are the reason adm exist.

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Just curious if anyone has reached out to FORD about the ADM going on at the dealers? Just wondering what there response is if any. I have something drafted up that I will be sending. I am overly curious to their response. It seems that a company that requires applications for Ford GT's would have some ownership in this and want to have something in place to manage the sales. Whether they like it or not their Dealerships are making money at the cost of Fords consumer relations. I know the sports car market and specifically the specialty sports car market is a super minuscule market so they likely just don't care. I mean this literally is scalping at the dealership level.

And for the record other than wanting one of these, I am a firm believer in the free market. So i know what i can do....go pound sand, pay up, or move to another car/manufacturer. The market should self correct and usually does, i just don't want to wait.

And I also think now more than ever there are a lot of people that will pay whatever and mothball them for their collections.

AND why don't they make as many as people will buy or at least order. I mean there is a huge difference in making a small number and flooding the market like ZO6 and ZL1 surely there is happy medium.

Thoughts?
first off, dealerships are not Ford Motor Co. they are privately owned franchises selling Ford products. dealers just want to make money. look at the varied amounts of the dealer add-on from state to state when the GT350 was first offered. as for limited builds, think of the hype for the GT350's. two years has become five and they're now sitting on dealer lots. that all leads up to the 2020 GT500...a new carrot in front of the donkey? DMAN

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1

Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
How did the people that paid ADM on an 18 make out?

2018 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Brand New Buy It Now $58,895.00
Lead Foot Gray, Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, Magnaride, Brembos, Navigation
Lead Foot Gray Shelby GT350 Coupe, Koons Sterling Ford

Vehicle Description
TECHNOLOGY PKG.. NAVIGATION.. PREMIUM SOUND.. BLIS.. 5.2L V8.. TREMECT 6-SPEED.. MAGNARIDE.. SPORT SUSPENSION.. 19-INCH BLACK WHEELS.. RAISED REAR SPOILER.. BREMBO BRAKES.. 2018 Ford Shelby GT350 Shelby GT350 Lead Foot Gray w/ Black RECARO Cloth/Miko Suede, 5.2L V8, TREMEC 6-speed Manual... This Mustang is Loaded Up with Technology Package, Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation, Bang and Olufsen Premium Sound, CD, HD Radio, Subwoofer, BLIS w/ Cross-Traffic Alert, Heated/Memory/Signal Mirrors w/ Cobra Puddle Lamps, 5.2L Ti-VCT V8 with a Flat-Plane Crank, Tremec 6-Speed Manual,MagneRide Magnetic Fluid-Filled Shock Absorbers, Sport Tuned Suspension, Front And Rear Anti-Roll Bars, 3.73 Torsen limited slip differential, Aluminum Tower to Tower Brace, Brembo Brake Calipers, Dual Exhaust with Active Valves and Quad Tips, Raised Rear Spoiler, 19x10.5(F)/19x11(R) Ebony Black Painted Aluminum, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Shelby Exclusive Aluminum Instrument Panel, Shelby Exclusive Trim Package, AdvanceTrac with Electronic Stability Control, Rear View Camera, Perimeter Alarm, Electronic Line-lock (Track Use Only), Launch Control (Track Use Only), SYNC, 50-State Emissions... Call Koons Sterling Ford at 1-703-348-0342.. NOT AVAILABLE FOR TRANSFER.. Call us about Additional Rebates that may be available to reduce your price even further! Some examples of Additional rebates that you may qualify for include Active Military, Recent College Grad Competitive Lease Conquest Rebates.. WOW prices include some available rebates and incentives that may not be compatible with special rate programs and may require Ford Financing on select models! Financing is subject to approved credit. All prices are special internet prices only and do exclude freight, tax, tags, and processing. WOW prices are valid based on manufacturer incentive program time periods and may vary based on zip code. Please let us verify all rebates that you qualify for.. We are a full-service Ford Dealership. We have an Excellent Finance Department and secure financing for the majority of our customers. WE WANT YOUR CAR and are offering top dollar on nice trades. Be sure to call for availability. With our Best Deal WOW Price up front on all In Stock vehicles, our vehicles have been selling very quickly. If you are not local, no worries. We have been selling vehicles throughout the U.S. for many years. We will gladly handle everything for you to ensure that this is an exceptional car buying experience. Give us a Call and let us WOW you with our Great Prices, Excellent Service and Top Quality vehicles!

s-l1600.jpg

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Sounds like someone has Bullitt Buttrape Remorse (BRR). :giggle:
No, I just don't suffer fools like you... gladly or otherwise.

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
I'll just wait until I can get one with no ADM. That's what I did with my GT350 and Raptor. I'm hoping my dealer will hook me up with a MSRP deal sooner than later.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Learned my lesson the hard way.

1. I don’t have the money, or sensibility to pay ADM again . I understand free markets, but Ford does reap what it sows. The number of personal aquintences and including myself that have moved agnostic on the brand where we were once true blue is pretty shocking. Car sales will continue to be more and more competitive. Don’t sleep on some of these brands that used to be junk. Wife picked up a turbo 6 stinger and it’s legit.

2. No brand can withstand quality and reliability concerns when they break out from forums and start becoming part of the common “belief”. The voodoo is largely trashed for reliability on many serious track forums. Failures are well, bad for business. I don’t care about what some guy over at a forum says but when you have professional drivers telling folks to drop the flat plane, well people listen. I mention this due to what is a fundamental mismatch between what people thought the service experience should be for a premium, ADM car, and what we get. Ford treats you like you bought a eco-wtf. If ADM is going to be par for the course dealers would do well to remember it when the car comes in with issues, but in my experience they don’t.

3. Again, after buying what people thought was a special vehicle they get treated like assholes when they realize it drinks oil like a sailor chugs rum. God forbid if the 500 has some kind of widespread problem don’t act like it isn’t important to the customer. Don’t leave it to dealers, get Ford service back in the game. They used to be helpful before this CEO.

4. If the 500 escapes launch without teething issues, the DCT actually turns out to be GTG, and at some point ADM evaporates I might buy one. But certainly not before. Between shift forks, 10 speed problems, cylinder scoring, and other issues like AC and Alternators, I don’t think Ford can pull these kinds of cars off properly on round one.

Flame away, but buy early and high at your own risk. If you really just got to have it now, roll your dice. Shit I’m just honest. I can’t afford another emotional first model year purchase and take a chance like that.

Well said and stated - freaking spot on to what I was sharing as well.

OP
OP
protraxduner

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I really think eventually the ADM will catch up to FORD in the long run and hurt them, whether by bad blood, bad sales, or just plain internet bad chatter. Loyalty will fall by the wayside if it already hasn't and that is not even taking into account any issues the cars themselves have. I am just going sit back and let it play out while i try somewhat hard to search for a good deal.
Sponsored