Sponsored

Letter to FORD addressing ADM?

sqidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots Of Mustangs
“Snowflake”? That’s rich. No pun intended.

I don’t know why I’m surprised; basic good manners died so long ago they’re barely remembered, let alone observed.
You're confusing good manners with giving someone the respect of talking to them like a man. I.E., not blowing rainbows up their ass. If you prefer I wear kid gloves when addressing you in the future, no problem. You on the other hand have my permission to take the kid gloves off an talk to me like a man any time you would like. Actually I prefer it.
Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
You're confusing good manners with giving someone the respect of talking to them like a man. I.E., not blowing rainbows up their ass. If you prefer I wear kid gloves when addressing you in the future, no problem. You on the other hand have my permission to take the kid gloves off an talk to me like a man any time you would like. Actually I prefer it.
Totally, completely, utterly missed the point.

sqidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots Of Mustangs
Totally, completely, utterly missed the point.
I'm sorry if I upset you. That was not my intention. This is my default method of communication with everyone but my mom and wife. My friends get shot straight with no punches pulled. Ever. And in return, they shoot me straight too.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I'm sorry if I upset you. That was not my intention. This is my default method of communication with everyone but my mom and wife. My friends get shot straight with no punches pulled. Ever. And in return, they shoot me straight too.
”Upset me”?

Hahaha! You must be the most important person in the world. To you.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Let me just say it was, perhaps, the way you "discussed" it. I have no idea how much the Porsches cost you're trying to compare the Mustang to show the Mustang's complete inferiority to a car that comes with a $150k ADM. But I bet it's a lot.

Congratulations on your 500!
Let's be honest, 99.9% of cars under $1mil today are inferior to said Porsche. It's $298k MSRP, then a typical $150k markup.

3.8L Flat 6 Twin Turbo, 700hp

Maybe the new Huracan Evo, or Aventador SVJ might be able to run with it. The McLaren 720S can beat it on a drag strip. The 720S runs 9.9, the GT2RS Porsche runs 10.3, but I have heard of guys removing the wing, and getting into the 9s stock.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Went to dinner with my dealership owner friend last night. My adm will be 5-10k instead of 25. It looks like production numbers on the 500 will be fairly good, and most demand will be met.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Went to dinner with my dealership owner friend last night. My adm will be 5-10k instead of 25. It looks like production numbers on the 500 will be fairly good, and most demand will be met.
My dealers Ford Rep is coming Wednesday, he said we'll talk #s after that, but already knows my limits

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Well, from a pure performance to dollar ratio, there is only one car that will out perform the GT500 for under $100k. Thats the Corvette Z06.
I purposely did not include the Camaro ZL1, because it is honestly lacking in quality, and I am fairly certain the GT500 will not have the same fit and finish as the cars I just mentioned.
LOL. WTF is this guy talking about. I've been on the Camaro6.com forums and most if not all ZL1 owners are in love with their cars. The GT500 not having similar issues as the ZL1 (whatever those are)? Keep dreaming.

Last edited:

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
bdub85 said:
You will be wrong. Many fools will be willing to shell out for ADMs to have theirs first.
ADM is not foolish, if that is the price the market places on it. A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
No one said it was. It's the people that pay it who are. May want to re-read bdubs quote since you're not comprehending.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Too many variables and not enough information. Nobody knows how many 500s this short 2020 MY run will produce and who will get them. This whole ADM argument might be moot for the first short model year. This could very well pan out to be just like the 2015 MY for the GT350. But what do I know?

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
LOL. WTF is this guy talking about. I've been on the Camaro6.com forums and most if not all ZL1 owners are in love with their cars. The GT500 not having similar issues as the ZL1 (whatever those are)? Keep dreaming.
Chevy's material quality is dismal. Period.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
ADM or not, you either can and will pay top dollar to have it ASAP, or you wont
the 5-10k markup is worth the price of admission to me, to enjoy the car longer, than wait around, and rather go back and forth with a ford salesman.

I get it, 5-10k is a lot for some people, I can always generate more money, I cannot generate more time.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
The only way to defeat adm is with your pocketbook! If everyone refuses to pay a cent more than msrp they will eventually come down it is all about patience. Ive never even paid msrp lol but my car sat brand new up under a pine tree for one year before i bought it for 10k off.
Sponsored