Sponsored

Letter to FORD addressing ADM?

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm sorry, did you wander here from the Porsche forum by mistake?
No, I'm going to be adding a GT500. I started with Mustangs. Is that ok with you, or do I need to learn the secret handshake here? Are we not allowed to discuss how other cars stack up against the Mustang, or why ADM, is a perfectly acceptable practice throughout the industry?
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Goodness, yes, because so many of us have access to high-end Porsches to full-out thrash--for testing purposes, you know--to compare them to our pedestrian Mustangs.
exactly my point. "its not worth it" is usually the excuse for people that cant buy them and never driven them.
No, I'm going to be adding a GT500. I started with Mustangs. Is that ok with you, or do I need to learn the secret handshake here? Are we not allowed to discuss how other cars stack up against the Mustang, or why ADM, is a perfectly acceptable practice throughout the industry?
did we just become best friends?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Is that ok with you, or do I need to learn the secret handshake here?
You're saying you __don't__ know the secret handshake? I'm afraid we're going to ask you to leave ... and please, let's not make a scene ...

did we just become best friends?
BabyishSnivelingBluebreastedkookaburra-size_restricted.gif

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
This thread isn't quite as fun as the, "Every 2018/2019 Mustang GT 5.0 is a ticking/rattling time bomb only an idiot would buy!" style threads, but it's close.

And now there's a secret handshake! A-mazing stuff happening here every day.

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
This thread isn't quite as fun as the, "Every 2018/2019 Mustang GT 5.0 is a ticking/rattling time bomb only an idiot would buy!" style threads, but it's close.

And now there's a secret handshake! A-mazing stuff happening here every day.
You forgot ā€œManual transmissionā€ threads...

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Let me just say it was, perhaps, the way you "discussed" it. I have no idea how much the Porsches cost you're trying to compare the Mustang to show the Mustang's complete inferiority to a car that comes with a $150k ADM. But I bet it's a lot.

Congratulations on your 500!

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
exactly my point. "its not worth it" is usually the excuse for people that cant buy them and never driven them.
Yes, because most of us can't afford a top of the line Porsche as you obviously can.

Usually rubbing someone's nose in the "Ha ha! You can't afford it and I can" poop-pile is considered bad manners. That's one of the things I really like about the Mustang: it's affordable and fun for the majority who have to accept the substitute of a more available car.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Yes, because most of us can't afford a top of the line Porsche as you obviously can.

Usually rubbing someone's nose in the "Ha ha! You can't afford it and I can" poop-pile is considered bad manners. That's one of the things I really like about the Mustang: it's affordable and fun for the majority who have to accept the substitute of a more available car.
no, its the go-to for those that have never driven them AND cant buy them.

how many 150k plus cars have you piloted? see? you have 0 reason to claim with certainty that prices are not justified of a highly attenuated performance vehicle, over a goddamn base mustang.

sqidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots Of Mustangs
Usually rubbing someone's nose in the "Ha ha! You can't afford it and I can" poop-pile is considered bad manners.
Two responses to this:

- It's no different than you saying "Those prices/ADM aren't justified" to someone who can afford it. Except you get to play the victim card. Who are you to say what someone can or can't do with their money? They can walk out in their front yard and burn it if they want.

- Toughen up snowflake, life is tough.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Two responses to this:

- It's no different than you saying "Those prices/ADM aren't justified" to someone who can afford it. Except you get to play the victim card. Who are you to say what someone can or can't do with their money? They can walk out in their front yard and burn it if they want.

I think you must be new here. You definitely haven't read CAL Captain's recent posts based on what you are saying.

Sponsored

sqidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots Of Mustangs
I think you must be new here. You definitely haven't read CAL Captain's recent posts based on what you are saying.
I've been here longer than you.

Enlighten me to what you think I missed in CAL Captain's posts?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've been here longer than you.

Enlighten me to what you think I missed in CAL Captain's posts?
Him saying that it's ok to pay ADM and that he paid ADM on his Bullitt. For starters. I won't go into the snowflake/political stuff here, but he's on the other side of that stuff as well.

sqidd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots Of Mustangs
Him saying that it's ok to pay ADM and that he paid ADM on his Bullitt. For starters. I won't go into the snowflake/political stuff here, but he's on the other side of that stuff as well.
Fair enough, I haven't read enough of his posts then. I apologize and retract this response:

"- It's no different than you saying "Those prices/ADM aren't justified" to someone who can afford it. Except you get to play the victim card. Who are you to say what someone can or can't do with their money? They can walk out in their front yard and burn it if they want."

In response to his comment here:

"Usually rubbing someone's nose in the "Ha ha! You can't afford it and I can" poop-pile is considered bad manners."

Toughen up. Life is hard, and you will hear things you don't want to constantly. The only solution is not not let it bother you/don't react to it. The rest of the world is not going to stop being "mean". In fact, it gets worse every day.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
no, its the go-to for those that have never driven them AND cant buy them.

how many 150k plus cars have you piloted? see? you have 0 reason to claim with certainty that prices are not justified of a highly attenuated performance vehicle, over a goddamn base mustang.
Yes, thank you for so firmly reinforcing my point.

Have a blessed day.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Two responses to this:

ā€œSnowflakeā€? Thatā€™s rich. No pun intended.

I donā€™t know why Iā€™m surprised; basic good manners died so long ago theyā€™re barely remembered, let alone observed.
Sponsored