Sponsored

Let's Talk GT350R Splitters - Genuine Ford FR3Z-17D957-AC? KOHR GT4 Style? Anderson CF? CF Clone? Replica OE is junk.

ddivinia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darin
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT-350R
Maybe a dealer on here can do a group buy?

I wouldnā€™t mind a spare for mt gt350R.

D.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I went ahead and just ordered one from a local Ford parts rep before the price continues to rise. Should be here in a few days, $1330 + Tax.

Hard to beat the looks and fitment of OE.

OP
OP
2JZFAN

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Maybe a dealer on here can do a group buy?

I wouldnā€™t mind a spare for mt gt350R.

D.
Possibly but doubtful it would result in any more additional savings.. If you're looking for one and don't mind the minor backorder, I'd recommend Adam Martel with OEMFordPartsDirect (Thoroughbred Ford out of Kansas City Missouri).

I went ahead and just ordered one from a local Ford parts rep before the price continues to rise. Should be here in a few days, $1330 + Tax.

Solid deal and very solid points as production has ended on our vehicles.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Agreed. Hilarious when I see people scoff at OEM prices (some of them are high, I admit) but then go on to talk about how they can get the "OE TYPE" part for so much less money.

Sponsored

ddivinia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darin
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT-350R
I ordered one from here: Possibly but doubtful it would result in any more additional savings.. If you're looking for one and don't mind the minor backorder, I'd recommend Adam Martel with OEMFordPartsDirect (Thoroughbred Ford out of Kansas City Missouri).

They just refunded my money - they wont want to mess with shipping.

D.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I ordered one from here: Possibly but doubtful it would result in any more additional savings.. If you're looking for one and don't mind the minor backorder, I'd recommend Adam Martel with OEMFordPartsDirect (Thoroughbred Ford out of Kansas City Missouri).

D.
I have a Ford parts broker out of Houston, so if anyone is local you can avoid shipping costs and pick up your parts at the Houston Ford Distribution Center. He always gives fair pricing.

OP
OP
2JZFAN

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
I ordered one from here: I'd recommend Adam Martel with OEMFordPartsDirect (Thoroughbred Ford out of Kansas City Missouri).

D.
That's strange, sorry about that. Adam was very thorough throughout our conversations and upfront about the s&h. What was it about the shipping that went wrong? When I spoke with Adam, he let me know the freight is being miscalculated.. Please let me know. I don't see why they "won't want to mess with the shipping" they're a parts department.

Sponsored

ddivinia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darin
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT-350R
The online order estimate $135 shipping.

Here is the email:

Unfortunately we can not ship outer panels/sheet metal, as they are extremely fragile and are too likely to be damaged during the shipping process, and because of our low prices we are not able to compensate you for your extra shipping costs for a replacement.
So to protect our valued customers, we no longer ship out outer panels and sheet metal.

If it is the only part on the order we will simply cancel your order and refund your money for the purchase. If it is just one of the parts in your order, we will remove that part from your order and continue with the other parts on your order.

We suggest going to your local Ford dealership for larger sheet metal parts and/or outer panels, as the shipping costs on larger parts often exceeds what you would save on the part price its self anyway! Some Ford dealerships will even price match other Ford dealership's offers, and as we are a Ford dealership based out of Kansas City, MO(Thoroughbred Ford), your local Ford dealership may price match the outer panel for you.

Also, freight on these kind of parts is always off price wise. We ran the numbers and the minimum cost would be $250.00 to ship this.

OP
OP
2JZFAN

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
The online order estimate $135 shipping.

Here is the email:

Unfortunately we can not ship outer panels/sheet metal, as they are extremely fragile and are too likely to be damaged during the shipping process, and because of our low prices we are not able to compensate you for your extra shipping costs for a replacement.
So to protect our valued customers, we no longer ship out outer panels and sheet metal.

If it is the only part on the order we will simply cancel your order and refund your money for the purchase. If it is just one of the parts in your order, we will remove that part from your order and continue with the other parts on your order.

We suggest going to your local Ford dealership for larger sheet metal parts and/or outer panels, as the shipping costs on larger parts often exceeds what you would save on the part price its self anyway! Some Ford dealerships will even price match other Ford dealership's offers, and as we are a Ford dealership based out of Kansas City, MO(Thoroughbred Ford), your local Ford dealership may price match the outer panel for you.

Also, freight on these kind of parts is always off price wise. We ran the numbers and the minimum cost would be $250.00 to ship this.
Oh I see, yeah that's inline with what Adam told me a few days ago. If you did it all online, I would just call directly and speak with him. When we spoke about, he did not indicate any issues or policies against shipping it.

All that being said, a local dealer with a fair price and taxes might work out better. The $1,330 deal another member received was 15% over net instead of 10%.. However, based on local sales tax.. He likely ended up saving more in comparison. Where I live, all the dealers are looking to get 25%+ so online works out better without the hassle of picking it up.

Little update, FR3Z17D957AC has been on backorder with an ETA of Week 1 in March.

Freight quotes on most Ford parts sites are apparently wrong. I've been getting more accurate quotes north of $225 to my door. The shipping difference brings the best online prices to roughly $1,500 shipped for an OE R splitter. I asked a friend to check local availability and he found one within a 3 hour roundtrip (1 of just 3 shown in the state). The local parts department is looking for $1,449 before taxes, gas, and those 3 hours on the road.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
After having my friend at Ford lookup his cost on an OEM R splitter, which was $1375, I decided to go with the $640 ebay special, and I couldnā€™t be happier. As the OP mentioned, the plastic seems more pourus and ever so slightly different from the original, and acts as a fingerprint magnet. I overcame this by adding 2 coats of Si02 spray (ceramic coat,) which made the splitter appear darker and less prone to show fingerprints or scratches.

The fit was perfect, except I had to trim each of the 4 tabs that hold threaded metal clips. The tabs were just a bit too long. A Dremel tool and two minutes later, the metal clips fit just fine.

All in all, I think I made the right choice for my application.

@honeybadger , I would have gone with your suggestion and used plywood, but with lumber prices through the roof, I think carbon fiber might actually be cheaper than plywood at the moment.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164853530757. (Looks like the price just went up)

D28AA820-9D52-4B1D-8558-9F13B52F7563.jpeg

3DAF97F5-FD12-427C-8781-1E8CD63DF02A.jpeg

127BFC97-9D56-439C-A18A-AF11311598A4.jpeg
Sponsored