Sponsored

Let's Talk GT350R Splitters - Genuine Ford FR3Z-17D957-AC? KOHR GT4 Style? Anderson CF? CF Clone? Replica OE is junk.

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
What's the best price you've seen on a genuine splitter? They used to sell under $1000 new, Ford must have raised the price over the years.

Which splitter do you have and how do you like it?

splitter_old_price.png

Genuine R Splitter (FR3Z-17D957-AC) | Hard to swallow a more than 45% price increase at the lowest price I've found shipped.. Harder to swallow when it's roughly the same price as an Anderson CF splitter.
Best Vendor Price: $1,422.08 (1,287.08 (34% Off) + $135 Freight) / MSRP: $1,950.20

KOHR GT4 Style Carbon Splitter | This splitter is my favorite! I tried to reach out to KOHR around the holidays, I'll need to try again. Limited resellers, no known discounts.. Most expensive option by far and what seems like a dry carbon finish in photos. Unknown how it will stand up to UV over time and doesn't seem to match Anderson CF components. Then again, might save in the long run by NOT buying all the Anderson CF parts for the 350.
Price: $1,995.00 + Unknown Shipping Cost

Anderson Composites CF R Splitter | Anderson Composites quality, carbon fiber, but no Shelby imprint and a glossy finish. AC provides 20% discount codes to sponsored owners and YT content creators. Out of stock on the AC sites ATM and I haven't reached out for an ETA.
Price: $1,199.99 (20% off) + Unknown Shipping Cost / Best Vendor Price: $1,349 (10% off) / MSRP: $1,499.99

Carbon Fiber Clone | A YouTube personality got one, liked it and it looks fine. Not much less than the original AC, probably best to stick with the original product. I have no direct experience with this part.
Price: $1,276.22 ($999 + $277.22 Shipping)

Replica OE Splitter | Photographs below, I purchased a replica on eBay. Splitters can get damaged and people said good things about the replicas. Unfortunately, mine is junk and the seller isn't helpful at all. The seller tries to intentionally run the clock out on the return process. My credit card is working on a getting a full refund. eBay already found in my favor, however at the time I was seeking a partial refund to just get it repaired. It arrived internally broken/damaged on one side, scratched and marred all over.. A prominent casting bubble in the B in Shelby imprint. The seller simply never should have sent it out. Lucky me! The texture is off, feels brittle/dry, and this thing is a fingerprint magnet.. Inhales liquids and the texture stains looks oily.
Price: $680 shipped, I read it used to be $100 less when it was sold on FB.

Thoughts? Comments? I've added a bunch of media so that maybe this thread will be helpful to someone else down the road.

KOHR GT4 Style Splitter
Gt4Splitter.jpg

CarbonFiberSplitter.jpg

Anderson Composites CF R Splitter
AC-FL15MU350R_01.jpg

Carbon Fiber eBay Clone
s-l1600.jpg

eBay OE Replica (Junk! YMMV)
splitter_01.jpg

splitter_02.jpg

splitter_03.jpg

splitter_05.jpg

I've included the installation directions and securing hardware in the attachments. They are not mine, I borrowed the from a site I couldn't link directly.

_R Model splitter instructions1 RESIZED.jpg

_R Model splitter instructions2 RESIZED.jpg

_GT350 and R model splitter hardware lists copy.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
For me it would boil down to what is the bigger picture? What is the vision for the car? In my case I only see two options. OEM or CF. If I were to go CF, I would then need to compliment that piece with more CF bits around the car. The odds of spending more $$$ then greatly increases. If I were to stay with the OEM look then it's one and done for the OEM splitter.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I recognize a few of the images you posted.:thumbsup:

Can't believe the price for the OEM R splitter now, getting a bit silly. The design work was done long ago and everything has been amortized by now.

If not OEM, I'm a huge fan of Dean's stuff from Kohr. He can be hard to track down but keep trying and eventually you'll get ahold of him. He can also hook you up with GT4 hardware as well. He helped me get things that are rather "difficult" or impossible to get, shall we say.

I'd avoid the eBay garbage at all costs.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'll have to look at what Dean has. I am never going to do business with Anderson again.

DarkSp0t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Great write up!

Iā€™ve got a standard 350 and Iā€™ve always liked the look of the R splitter. The 1.5k price tag is a hard sell but I may do it down the road.

Do you currently have an R and want it replaced or a non-R and are just looking for the R splitter?

Is it considered passƩ to have an R splitter on a non-R?

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
A little patience and they pop used (new) every so often. I got a brand new one from a great dude for $900 shipped. It's not every day they show up, but they're out there.

Another consideration is how low this car is. The right little bump on a parking spot curb and the carbon is likely to crack, where as the OEM will absorb and bounce back. Just a thought.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Another consideration is how low this car is. The right little bump on a parking spot curb and the carbon is likely to crack, where as the OEM will absorb and bounce back. Just a thought.
I think this is worth considering, getting the regular splitter, as oppossed to the carbon fiber. At a cost of about $350-$450, you can get almost 4 of them for the cost of a carbon fiber one.
And as one member here did on his rear spoiler and side mirrors, he had carbon PPF installed for $250.
Total cost for a regular splitter and carbon PPF would still be way less than an actual carbon splitter.

F066FC53-F476-41D9-A44C-D3654AFC66BD.jpeg.jpg

9C0EA6BF-1872-4D44-BF35-37DFB3F2B825.jpeg.jpg

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
The carbon fiber splitters look cool, especially the ones in the R style.

I just have the stock GT350 one and I've scrapped it plenty of times. A few times I actually clenched my butthole as I went through a construction zone and went over a manhole. The road was unpaved so the manhole was really high. Thankfully nothing happened but maybe if it was a bit lower I feel like the splitter would have been toast.

The KOHR GTR one looks badass. If I had to pick I'd go with that one. A bit pricey, but so are all of them. Well worth the wait imo :thumbsup:

Make sure to let us know how this works out

Last edited:

Jago768

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Heritage Shelby GT350, 2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak(on Res)
Love the look or the R splitter, but the cost ..... If you do purchase one, OEM is the best move unless your adding more carbon bits around the car.

OP
OP
2JZFAN

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
For me it would boil down to what is the bigger picture? What is the vision for the car? In my case I only see two options. OEM or CF. If I were to go CF, I would then need to compliment that piece with more CF bits around the car. The odds of spending more $$$ then greatly increases. If I were to stay with the OEM look then it's one and done for the OEM splitter.
I agree 100%, that's why I'm considering the KOHR. My thought is, while CF.. It doesn't look like it'll match anything else. I have an AC CF Wing but I figure it's on the other end of the car.. I'll be the only one who probably notices the weave or finish. Maybe I can refinish the KOHR.. We'll see.

This is not my car, a forum member ended up buying it. These were the photos from the dealership and they showcase the KOHR well (harsh fluorescent lights):

6382_p2_l.jpg
6382_p6_l.jpg

I'll have to look at what Dean has. I am never going to do business with Anderson again.
Let me know, I read KOHR moved away from Ford and drive Astons now.. I don't know how many he has on hand or is willing to make? Maybe we can organize a group run and bring the costs down a bit?

Do you care to share what happened with AC? I've read some less than desirable interactions but I'm interested in your experience, you're an asset to this community. I think we'd all benefit, especially considering the investment to go with their line of CF products.

Do you currently have an R and want it replaced or a non-R and are just looking for the R splitter?

Is it considered passƩ to have an R splitter on a non-R?
Proud owner of an Avalanche Gray 2017 GT350, I'm just looking for an R splitter. No, not passƩ . The splitter is pretty common.. It's just an incredible stock piece. The splitter is well executed, I personally feel like it's just the right amount of sporty functional aggressiveness.

IMO red pinstripes and badges are passƩ on a non-R.. The wing is borderline but also an incredible design and the right amount of sporty functional aggressiveness. To each their own, it's "your" car.. Do with it as you see fit! Enjoy it!

A little patience and they pop used (new) every so often. I got a brand new one from a great dude for $900 shipped. It's not every day they show up, but they're out there.
Thank you for bringing that up, I didn't consider that. I'll definitely keep an eye out on the forums, FB groups, etc.

I think this is worth considering, getting the regular splitter, as oppossed to the carbon fiber. At a cost of about $350-$450, you can get almost 4 of them for the cost of a carbon fiber one.
And as one member here did on his rear spoiler and side mirrors, he had carbon PPF installed for $250.
Total cost for a regular splitter and carbon PPF would still be way less than an actual carbon splitter.
Thank you for the specifics and prices. That looks incredible! I really like your thinking, I think you're suggesting wrapping the less expensive oe replica? I will definitely consider that if my CC is not able to come through for some reason. I think that's a great suggestion many may not consider, I know I didn't.. until now. Thank you.

I just have the stock GT350 one and I've scrapped it plenty of times. A few times I actually clenched my butthole as I went through a construction zone and went a manhole. The road was unpaved so the manhole was really high. Thankfully nothing happened but maybe if it was a bit lower I feel like the splitter would have been toast.

The KOHR GTR one looks badass. If I had to pick I'd go with that one. A bit pricey, but all so are all of them. We'll worth the wait imo :thumbsup:

Make sure to let us know with how this works out
Oh yes, I've been there! I've had really good luck with SLiPLO bumper guard for street use. This is actually a reason I went with a 20" wheel. With FRPP springs, I will increase ground clearance slightly and decrease the wheel gaps. Win win.

I agree, I think the KOHR GT4 style is where it's going. I have an AC CF wing now, I'll just have to figure out the finishes when I have everything in hand.

Will do.

Love the look or the R splitter, but the cost ..... If you do purchase one, OEM is the best move unless your adding more carbon bits around the car.
Agreed, that's where I'm at now. Initially I was thinking of a splitter as a sacrificial part. I thought we were fortunate to have a viable replica available. Unfortunately, the replica is poor quality as well as our sole supplier/seller. I would NOT recommend anyone waste their time or money on the replica and as you suggested.. Go OEM or get a quality CF piece.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I agree 100%, that's why I'm considering the KOHR. My thought is, while CF.. It doesn't look like it'll match anything else. I have an AC CF Wing but I figure it's on the other end of the car.. I'll be the only one who probably notices the weave or finish. Maybe I can refinish the KOHR.. We'll see.

This is not my car, a forum member ended up buying it. These were the photos from the dealership and they showcase the KOHR well (harsh fluorescent lights):

6382_p2_l.jpg
6382_p6_l.jpg

Let me know, I read KOHR moved away from Ford and drive Astons now.. I don't know how many he has on hand or is willing to make? Maybe we can organize a group run and bring the costs down a bit?

Do you care to share what happened with AC? I've read some less than desirable interactions but I'm interested in your experience, you're an asset to this community. I think we'd all benefit, especially considering the investment to go with their line of CF products.

Proud owner of an Avalanche Gray 2017 GT350, I'm just looking for an R splitter. No, not passƩ . The splitter is pretty common.. It's just an incredible stock piece. The splitter is well executed, I personally feel like it's just the right amount of sporty functional aggressiveness.

IMO red pinstripes and badges are passƩ on a non-R.. The wing is borderline but also an incredible design and the right amount of sporty functional aggressiveness. To each their own, it's "your" car.. Do with it as you see fit! Enjoy it!

Thank you for bringing that up, I didn't consider that. I'll definitely keep an eye out on the forums, FB groups, etc.

Thank you for the specifics and prices. That looks incredible! I really like your thinking, I think you're suggesting wrapping the less expensive oe replica? I will definitely consider that if my CC is not able to come through for some reason. I think that's a great suggestion many may not consider, I know I didn't.. until now. Thank you.

Oh yes, I've been there! I've had really good luck with SLiPLO bumper guard for street use. This is actually a reason I went with a 20" wheel. With FRPP springs, I will increase ground clearance slightly and decrease the wheel gaps. Win win.

I agree, I think the KOHR GT4 style is where it's going. I have an AC CF wing now, I'll just have to figure out the finishes when I have everything in hand.

Will do.

Agreed, that's where I'm at now. Initially I was thinking of a splitter as a sacrificial part. I thought we were fortunate to have a viable replica available. Unfortunately, the replica is poor quality as well as our sole supplier/seller. I would NOT recommend anyone waste their time or money on the replica and as you suggested.. Go OEM or get a quality CF piece.
I will probably be seeing him in Feb. I'll ask.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Why wait? Be proactive and put out WTB adds. Otherwise you're at the mercy of someone who's meaning to sell the one they have but never makes time to advertise it.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
In a crazy way, Ford failed to fight for Ford. As a result, Kohr was one of a few teams to walk away from the GT4 car from Ford/Multimatic.

Changes in corporate leadership probably didn't help. It would seem that FP didn't do the best job in convincing the sanctioning body at IMSA to ease up on some rather harsh BOP "penalties" that only served to make their GT4 car less competitive. If you followed the BOP progression over the past few years it was pretty apparent that somebody wasn't a huge fan of the Mustang being at the top. Kinda sad, as Multimatic did a great job developing the car and Dean was right there making the car a success. It kind of reached a boiling point in '19 and so in '20 Kohr looked elsewhere. Aston had done a great job with the car and everything fell into place at the last minute, such that Kohr obtained a car just prior to Daytona in January of 2020. The reason the car was successful? Dean. The guy simply gets the job done and knows how to surround his organization with good people.

Believe it or not, Kohr won the championship with a single car that made it through the entire season. I got the opportunity to take a close look at the IMSA Michelin Series championship winning car - pretty badass. I flew to Detroit to meet up with Dean at his shop as he did me a solid along the lines of what is being discussed in this thread. And if it matters, Dean ran the first race this season in a GT4 Mustang (sadly, it crashed at Daytona). The Aston is history.

20201121_135815-X2.jpg

20201121_135948-X2.jpg

20201121_140208-X2.jpg

Plenty of GT4 Mustangs, etc, at Kohr.

20201121_135604-X2.jpg

20201121_102809-X2.jpg

Dean's a great guy and is a pleasure to do business with. If you are looking for hardware that you can't get anywhere else he is definitely your man.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Whatā€™s all this talk about carbon fiber and OEM materials? Yā€™all missing the best racing material - good olā€™ plywood šŸ˜‚

C09736DE-5FDA-4207-9F8C-896306A20A88.jpeg

2719A39D-4042-4EF7-AB47-4DBE69DD23A4.jpeg
439824B3-C4F3-4CB1-9CF0-043A55DBFA3F.jpeg

On a serious note, The GT4 splitters are good. Very expensive as noted. The OEM parts are great too, but the pricing is insulting.

Iā€™d go CF unless youā€™re on track. Then just go cheap like wood (custom sizing is a plus, much more DF anything mentioned so far) or the replica pieces. Enough track time and youā€™ll trash your splitter regardless of who made it.

Last edited:

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Look up Archetype Racing and ping @EIGHTLUG
Sponsored