Sponsored

Let's Talk GT350R Splitters - Genuine Ford FR3Z-17D957-AC? KOHR GT4 Style? Anderson CF? CF Clone? Replica OE is junk.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
KOHR has not moved away from Ford. KOHR racing ran the Aston last year but is still a huge Ford supplier.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2JZFAN

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Little update, FR3Z17D957AC has been on backorder with an ETA of Week 1 in March.

Freight quotes on most Ford parts sites are apparently wrong. I've been getting more accurate quotes north of $225 to my door. The shipping difference brings the best online prices to roughly $1,500 shipped for an OE R splitter. I asked a friend to check local availability and he found one within a 3 hour roundtrip (1 of just 3 shown in the state). The local parts department is looking for $1,449 before taxes, gas, and those 3 hours on the road.

Regardless, I'm just not feeling $1,500+ for the OE splitter.

I emailed KOHR the other day, I'll give them a ring tomorrow.. I'm considering all options.

OP
OP
2JZFAN

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, it isn't just for looks.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Like a liner just for looks? What is going on here?
It's extension. I believe there's a rule in IMSA about using OEM stuff and building on top of it when it comes to splitters. Otherwise, the entire thing seems overly complicate - Why not just replace the entire belly pan, OEM splitter, and aftermarket splitter with a one-piece CF deal? It'd be lighter, that's for sure.

Or maybe it's down for consumables. Unsure. Either way, it adds length of the OEM deal. Important to keep in mind the Kohr GT4 splitter is setup for the GT4 wing, which is lower profile than many of the aftermarket wings (AJ Hartman's, APR, Archetype, etc.). It could cause some front to rear balancing issues if not paired with the right stuff.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bottom line is, the GT4 configuration teams must live with is what was homologated. As for aero balance, I suppose you have to consider the aero in its entirety. Be it ride height, under belly pan, rear diffuser, front splitter, canards, hood/vents, and the rear wing (which has a very wide range of adjustment in terms of AOA).

I spent the a big part of '18 in the pits at the IMSA Continental Series races. Here's some shots of a few different GT4 Mustangs than ran the approved splitter "sheath." I uploaded them in fairly hi resolution so you can click on them and then zoom in for more detail.

IMG_5733-X2.jpg

IMG_5769-X4.jpg

i-FNp6fDk-X4.jpg

i-cpnDsvt-X4.jpg

IMG_4876-X4.jpg

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Bottom line is, the GT4 configuration teams must live with is what was homologated. As for aero balance, I suppose you have to consider the aero in its entirety. Be it ride height, under belly pan, rear diffuser, front splitter, canards, hood/vents, and the rear wing (which has a very wide range of adjustment in terms of AOA).

I spent the a big part of '18 in the pits at the IMSA Continental Series races. Here's some shots of a few different GT4 Mustangs than ran the approved splitter "sheath." I uploaded them in fairly hi resolution so you can click on them and then zoom in for more detail.

IMG_5733-X2.jpg

IMG_5769-X4.jpg

i-FNp6fDk-X4.jpg

i-cpnDsvt-X4.jpg

IMG_4876-X4.jpg
Did you ever hear why the OEM splitter was homologated vs. a complete replacement?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never asked that specific question. I have/had tried to obtain the written details on what was submitted to the SRO, and failed. Next race I got to I'll try to network quickly at the inspection area to see what I can learn about any of this.
Sponsored