Sponsored

Let's talk about the Shelby GT350 TR3160 Transmission Upgrades ...

Carlos990815

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 , 2014 Mustang GT Track Pack
Hi All :clap: ,

I currently have my 2017 Shelby GT350 transmission Tremec TR3160 out the car and i'm looking for a 1) a replacement or 2) preferably* an Upgrade kit to make it hold more power.
Before anybody suggests a magnum swap, yes i know, but not what i'm looking for. i want to see ways of making this transmission even stronger than it already is after Ford Performance modified it for the GT350's.
I've tried looking everywhere about folks doing upgrades to this transmissions, but haven't really found anything. I was wondering if anybody here has had one reinforced for their car and what parts it takes to do it.
Upon some research i found that part of the upgrades this trans have from ford are triple cone synchro's for 1st and 2nd gear with some bronze/carbon mix on the materials, i believe also some of the gears they used are from TR6060's , does anybody here knows what can be upgraded on them? i'm sure more folks have tried to do something like this but there's not much info out there for diy people on these transmissions.

If anybody has a good base of knowledge on this transmissions/technical knowledge, please feel free to share your part and let's help each other out.
Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Are you running nitrous, supercharger, turbos...? How much more power than stock? Calimer has lusted some rebuilt TR3160s for sale before but I can't remember what he upgraded, maybe it was just rem-polishing and cryo treatment.

OP
OP
Carlos990815

Carlos990815

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 , 2014 Mustang GT Track Pack
Are you running nitrous, supercharger, turbos...? How much more power than stock? Calimer has lusted some rebuilt TR3160s for sale before but I can't remember what he upgraded, maybe it was just rem-polishing and cryo treatment.
Not running any of the above yet but i plan on running a procharger down the road and since i have the trans out now why not look into this which might be a potential issue down the road again.
I also talked to calimer and didn't feel too confident there, rem polishing was gonna be $1700 and with cryo $2700 which i found pretty insane but, hey, those are his prices you know, lol. I don't think there will be much of a difference in torque cap with just that. any other known upgrades for this trans
Sponsored