Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I think my only appearance criticism of the C8 is I wish the side air scoops were better integrated and were flush to the side of the car (like all other cars with such feature).
You can get the side scoop openings (and a few other bits) body color, which helps the appearance quite a bit.....

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I think my only appearance criticism of the C8 is I wish the side air scoops were better integrated and were flush to the side of the car (like all other cars with such feature).
I agree, the door looks a bit awkward when open

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I agree, the door looks a bit awkward when open
True. Another "feature" of mid engine cars. Have you ever seen a Ford GT door open? Looks really strange. But then, not high on my criteria for deciding what car to buy.

2017-Ford-GT-open-door-exterior-720x340.jpg

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
This looks very nice...

upload_2019-7-23_21-5-58.png

upload_2019-7-23_21-7-55.png
Ohh that red cover looks good. I need to find a color combo I like that goes well with it. Trying to avoid black or white. One of their colors looks like avalanche grey, might go that route

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
True. Another "feature" of mid engine cars. Have you ever seen a Ford GT door open? Looks really strange. But then, not high on my criteria for deciding what car to buy.

2017-Ford-GT-open-door-exterior-720x340.jpg
The doors are an opportunity missed. Granted no big deal given everything else. But, man I would have loved them to do something crazy on how the doors open. Every midengine should have crazy opening doors no matter how awkward they are. The cool factor of them makes up for it.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Ohh that red cover looks good. I need to find a color combo I like that goes well with it. Trying to avoid black or white. One of their colors looks like avalanche grey, might go that route
I think Ford, Chevy, Mopar....etc should offer a matching body color for valve covers, top covers, etc. They would make some good money off of a little paint. I would buy something like that in a heartbeat. Look what they make off of painted brake calipers.!! Painted under the hood parts would make for good car shows too.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
You are incorrect. Look at the race track illustration provided with the article. The GT350R is behind at the beginning due to the long back straight and is about a car length behind after turn 1. After a few turns with no straights, turn 4 to be precise, the GT350R caught back up and was completely even with the ZL1. Turn 5, still even. Straight after turn 6: the ZL1 pulls ahead entering the sweeping turn 8, by the end of turn 9, the GT350R has crept back up and is nearly even again with the ZL1. By the finish line in the straight, the ZL1 is ahead again.
I stand corrected on the "all" corners comment. It was the either faster or the same in "all" corners except Turn 9 (marginally).

However, the ZL1 was significantly faster through Turns 1, 5 & 8 (should not happen), broke later and carried more entry speed in to the fast Turn 2, then maintained very similar speed through Turn 2 (shouldn't happen) but getting to throttle late. The GT350R was not much faster in Turns 3 & 4 (it should be) and surprisingly both cars were very even in acceleration on the back straight. The only corner the GT350R was quicker was in Turn 9 (after the ZL1 broke later). Look at the speed trace, not the stupid dots. The dots don't even make sense when the blue GT350R had a similar gap behind the white ZL1 before and after Turn 5 (where the ZL1 had a lot higher mid corner speed and a very similar entry and exit.

The ZL1 was 0.4 seconds faster than the GT350R in this test. It's 200lbs heavier, has (the same*) weight distribution, smaller tires (285/305 vs 305/315), less sticky tires (Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3 vs Cup 2. The Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R is comparable to the Cup 2. The Supercar 3 is more like a PS4S.), less downforce, and went through three corners much faster than the GT350R and equaled it in every other corner (other than Turn 9 where the GT350R was only marginally faster). It's still not a credible, BS test.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I haven't owned a GM vehicle since the late '90s.

The C8 Z51 could be the one that finally amazes my old friends, as in "I never thought he would ever buy a Chevy." This thing just pole vaulted to the top of my fill-the-last-garage-stall list, I can't wait to read some road tests. I was practically drooling messing with the configurator earlier, probably a good thing it crashed.
I could have made the same post. Based on my 4th Gen F-bodies, I was convinced the free loaner for warranty work was just a way to double production.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It looks like a knock off of the NSX.
2019-Acura-NSX-Ratings-Thermal-Orange-Pearl-ocean-background-Small2x.jpg

Everyone keeps saying "Meh! Looks like a Lambo! Meh! Looks like a 458! Meh looks like a *insert ME supercar here!*"

THAT'S A BAD THING?!?!??!?!?!??!

You guys are incomprehensible.

The 2018/19 Mustang base and GT looks like a feeding whale for chrissake.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I wonder if a massive improvement to the 0-60 time for given power levels is the primary reason for going with the mid-engine design even if it upsets the 50/50 weight distribution achieved by C7. Seems like C8 platform will have much higher acceleration potential than the C7 once non-base trim engines are released.

c8_math.PNG

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I stand corrected on the "all" corners comment. It was the either faster or the same in "all" corners except Turn 9 (marginally).

However, the ZL1 was significantly faster through Turns 1, 5 & 8 (should not happen), broke later and carried more entry speed in to the fast Turn 2, then maintained very similar speed through Turn 2 (shouldn't happen) but getting to throttle late. The GT350R was not much faster in Turns 3 & 4 (it should be) and surprisingly both cars were very even in acceleration on the back straight. The only corner the GT350R was quicker was in Turn 9 (after the ZL1 broke later). Look at the speed trace, not the stupid dots. The dots don't even make sense when the blue GT350R had a similar gap behind the white ZL1 before and after Turn 5 (where the ZL1 had a lot higher mid corner speed and a very similar entry and exit.

The ZL1 was 0.4 seconds faster than the GT350R in this test. It's 200lbs heavier, has (the same*) weight distribution, smaller tires (285/305 vs 305/315), less sticky tires (Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3 vs Cup 2. The Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R is comparable to the Cup 2. The Supercar 3 is more like a PS4S.), less downforce, and went through three corners much faster than the GT350R and equaled it in every other corner (other than Turn 9 where the GT350R was only marginally faster). It's still not a credible, BS test.
Yea thats just the ZL1, what about the ZL 1LE? Even that car is a better car on track than the c7 z06.
Id still rather have the z06 tho, dont need the rear seats.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Is it weird I'd rather have the ZL1 1LE than a C7 Z06?

Now if you were to just give me the money that's a different story.
Sponsored