- Thread starter
The Lethal Performance 2020 GT500 makes it's way down the list as one of the quickest and fastest 2020 Shelby GT500's out there! We celebrated 2021 with our staff at Palm Beach International Raceway for a Lethal Performance track outing. All of our employees were invited out for a fun night of racing. The mustang king was able to make 2 solid passes with the car before the belt snapped on the 3rd pass between the 1-2 shifts.
This was the first time Jared drove this car in manual mode where the shifts were done with the paddles. On this 2nd pass of the night Jared clicked off a 1.43 60ft time and shifted the car buttery smooth down the track for a [email protected] mph. The next pass sure looked like the 8 we've been searching for as he pulled off a 1.39 60ft but the belt to the supercharger snapped on the 1-2 shift ending the evening for us with the GT500. No worries as we've got some extra belts here now and are ready to take another shot at 8's for the next track outing.
The Lethal Performance 2020 Shelby GT500 carbon fiber track pack is a full weight car. The only thing removed for these runs was the track pack spoiler as we had a feeling it was holding us back from higher mph trap speeds due to all of the downforce it's designed to create. Otherwise our build is quite simple.
- Whipple 3.8L Gen 5 Supercharger kit with 3.00" upper pulley / stock lower
- Whipple intercooler pump upgrade kit
- Injector Dynamics ID1700s
- DivisionX Triple pump return style fuel system
- Stainless Works 2" longtube headers
- Corsa Performance sport/extreme active exhaust
- UPR catch can
- Forgeline GSR1 single beadlocks
- Mickey Thompson ET Street R's
- HP Tuners RTD+ device
- Lund Racing Custom Tuning