Sponsored

Lethal Performances' guide to the perfect clutch for you!

AdrianM1972

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
From my personal experience using Mcleods RXT's since 2009 I can say that I really never noticed a difference between the sprung hub vs non sprung hub setups. They both drove the same in my opinion. Even though the sprung hub setup that they started making for 10+ GT500's was designed because of the model year change it felt just the same as the 07-09 non sprung hub version.

As @J17GT mentioned if you lug the car in a higher gear at low rpms you'll get some growl from it which is completely normal. If it bothers you I recommend to customers to try not rolling out of a low speed in a higher gear at low rpms. Just downshift to be in a lower gear in a bit higher of an rpm range and you won't notice it anymore.

Since our LPX/LPXHD is made exclusively for us by Mcleod it's got very similar driving characteristics as the RXT/RXTHD but since we use kevlar on our kits it's not as aggressive as ceramic so there will be less chatter when leaving from a stop if you try and slip the clutch.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
This is exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks, you guys are awesome!
Sponsored

GT15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
LPXHD going in a 2015 with a 2.8 Kenne Bell and around 650whp to replace a RXT. Primarily street/ highway with occasional strip and HPDE. Will be at the strip in 2 weeks and will check back in with an update.
received_4532395276794317.jpeg

Tom@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
LPXHD going in a 2015 with a 2.8 Kenne Bell and around 650whp to replace a RXT. Primarily street/ highway with occasional strip and HPDE. Will be at the strip in 2 weeks and will check back in with an update.
received_4532395276794317.jpeg
YESSSSSSSS ☠🤘🏻

GT15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Update - just getting it broken in and took a couple of light pulls on the highway, and I absolutely love it. The engagement is very crisp and feels reminiscent of my buddy's 350R. Seems to hold the power very well. I do a lot of in town driving, so went with the steel flywheel and am very happy with the lower RPM manners, where the aluminum one was a balance between revs and tire spin at every stoplight.

Also added a DS CF driveshaft while we were at it, and the overall package has a great new feel. Already running a Steeda Tri-Ax. Only install issues were due to the engine mounts set down low, so took a little finesse to get everything dropped out!

Tom@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Update - just getting it broken in and took a couple of light pulls on the highway, and I absolutely love it. The engagement is very crisp and feels reminiscent of my buddy's 350R. Seems to hold the power very well. I do a lot of in town driving, so went with the steel flywheel and am very happy with the lower RPM manners, where the aluminum one was a balance between revs and tire spin at every stoplight.

Also added a DS CF driveshaft while we were at it, and the overall package has a great new feel. Already running a Steeda Tri-Ax. Only install issues were due to the engine mounts set down low, so took a little finesse to get everything dropped out!
Awesome feedback!! Looking forward to how it all comes together. ☠🤘🏻
Sponsored