Sponsored

Lethal Performance Exclusive: Whipple 2018 Mustang Gen 5 3.0L Supercharger Kit

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Cowl? the Gen5 whipple sits lower than the Gen2 and Gen3 because the Gen5 blower sits upside down
According to the article...

"The F-150 system uses the more familiar top-mount arrangement, but the additional room in the truck’s engine bay still allowed for a larger intercooler."

Last edited:

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Yes gen 3 is an incredible upgrade.
Android auto corrected. In your earlier post you said you're not done with the 11 to 17. I meant to ask youre saying I shouldn't order the Gen 3 know because your going to update the 11 to 17 again?

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If it fits it would seem insane to not offer it and make it backwards compatible.

Intake is pretty minor imo.

Sort of a black eye for those that have a 2.9 gen2 or gen3 knowing Whipple makes a Gen5 3.0 that fits but wont support it.

Not for me....I am currently in the Whipple market and I am content with the gen 3 option:

The gen 3 is only .1 smaller
The gen 3 makes better low end
The gen 3 is worlds better looking

I'd venture to say that most of us '15-'17 guys would be better off buying a gen3 and putting time and effort into supporting mods than buying the gen5 and trying to make it fit because it's .1 bigger and a little more efficient.

Sponsored

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
What about gen 4?

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Not for me....I am currently in the Whipple market and I am content with the gen 3 option:

The gen 3 is only .1 smaller
The gen 3 makes better low end
The gen 3 is worlds better looking

I'd venture to say that most of us '15-'17 guys would be better off buying a gen3 and putting time and effort into supporting mods than buying the gen5 and trying to make it fit because it's .1 bigger and a little more efficient.
You need to re read the gen5 article it can support being over driven aka run smaller pulleys than the gen2 and gen3 2.9s whipples also.......

I dont give a crap about the blower looks the results is what matters!

I just think its a shame Whipple wont supoort the 3.0 gen5 on a 2015 -2017 especially considering it does fit......

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You need to re read the gen5 article it can support being over driven aka run smaller pulleys than the gen2 and gen3 2.9s whipples also.......

I dont give a crap about the blower looks the results is what matters!

I just think its a shame Whipple wont supoort the 3.0 gen5 on a 2015 -2017 especially considering it does fit......
Again for ME the ability to run a smaller pulley than the Gen 2/3 doesn't matter. Plenty of guys running well over 800 rwhp on those blowers. I am not looking to invest in the mods support that power level, and I'd venture to say few of us are.

It's like my daughter who just got a brand new iphone but now she is pissy because the iphone X is out. She doesn't need anything more than what she has but doesn't like it fact that other people have it and she can't.

I am however wondering where the gen4 is..... Whipple has admitted that something is going on for the 11-17 guys. hmmmmm

I'll admit all these upgrades have me waiting until the dust settles to make my purchase.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Gen4 is upside down blower i believe too the same as what whipple offers for the 6th gen camaros i think..... could be wrong. wait 1 let me go research that.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Whats this tomahawk business and will it be available for us 15-17 peasants?

Sponsored

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Whats this tomahawk business and will it be available for us 15-17 peasants?
My understanding it is the replacement for the Flare. Basically they have a former Ford Engineer who either via knowledge or buddies has access to more areas of the ECU for tuning. I understand SEMA is going on so I'm sure they are busy with that. I was ready to buy a kit but I think I'll wait until they announce what the coming updates for the 11-17 Mustang are. Id hate to shell out almost $8k on a Gen 3 and it be outdated instantly.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
My understanding it is the replacement for the Flare. Basically they have a former Ford Engineer who either via knowledge or buddies has access to more areas of the ECU for tuning. I understand SEMA is going on so I'm sure they are busy with that. I was ready to buy a kit but I think I'll wait until they announce what the coming updates for the 11-17 Mustang are. Id hate to shell out almost $8k on a Gen 3 and it be outdated instantly.

Sounds like its a stand alone tuning device that you dont need the computer for, that can datalog. Which intrigues me.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
It is already out dated today right now considering the gen5s are out.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Gen 3 is not out dated.

We don't have a buddy, we have a lead Ford calibrator that does our cals using all OEM tools. We have access to all our own tables and add/subtract as needed to better enhance the cal.

Tomahawk is a new hand held for 2018+. It still requires a PC to install cal to SD card.

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Gen 3 is not out dated.

We don't have a buddy, we have a lead Ford calibrator that does our cals using all OEM tools. We have access to all our own tables and add/subtract as needed to better enhance the cal.

Tomahawk is a new hand held for 2018+. It still requires a PC to install cal to SD card.
But what is the time line for the Gen 4 though? :D
Sponsored