Lethal Performance 2020 Shelby GT500 Stainless Steel Resonator Delete

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Tob: I get slower every day. <smiling> Definitely worth it.

War: Yep, took her back over and had the mech tack each side once we had them level again. (They were dead level when I left the first time but the clamps let the pipes rotate as so many others have mentioned.)

She's fine now...

1630100817029.png
I felt like my exhaust tips were slightly uneven, one being more tucked than the other, from factory. Now after the x-pipe job they're level, but a bit lower than before. I'll put in a pic here soon.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I didn't like the way mine sat either. Ford's unbalanced and offset hanger system doesn't lend well to adjustment and you can only get so much by trying to hold and reclamp. I cheated and cut the tailpipe just before the mufflers, rotated the mufflers, and rewelded.

IMG_6855-2-X3.jpg

20200424_175324-XL.jpg

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went out and took a pic, sorry for nightness. They're a little off but overall it doesn't bother me enough to go that far... I'll post a more thorough before and after tomorrow.

20210827_202347.jpg

20210827_202354.jpg

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine were like that and I didn't like how they sagged (unevenly to boot) at all. After tweaking I probably have 1/2" between the rear fascia and the muffler tips at any given point. Car was tracked in some serious heat and put through my 14hr straight through drive between NY/GA four times now. No melting of any sort.

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am so happy these are going out! They turned out great.. We are lucky to have RareFab / PBD close to us and Ken installed a first edition on his personal GT500.. wow.. it sounds fantastic! You're going to love it. Really appreciate the kind words and in the future, please do not hesitate to call, email, or message me if you have any questions/concerns. #teamlethal
I would love to hear what you guys think of the sound change? I'm not looking for much louder there stock. I have been driving mostly in sport and track mode.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then the Lethal X is a perfect match.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
I would love to hear what you guys think of the sound change? I'm not looking for much louder there stock. I have been driving mostly in sport and track mode.
I'm in a similar boat. Unless I am on the phone, I'm in track exhaust 100% of the time. I juat want my normal mode to sound like track. Mainly so I don't have to hit "ok" everytime I put it in track exhaust mode. Lol! But would like sport to be a step above the current Track setting. Then track just be for when I'm really wanting to get crazy.

However, I want to keep it sounding "clean'ish" if that's the right term. I know it will by design get loud and a little raspy on the high end of the rpms, but don't want it sounding like a 100 metal trash cans getting tossed down the road. Thats just complete chaos to me ears!

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in a similar boat. Unless I am on the phone, I'm in track exhaust 100% of the time. I juat want my normal mode to sound like track. Mainly so I don't have to hit "ok" everytime I put it in track exhaust mode. Lol! But would like sport to be a step above the current Track setting. Then track just be for when I'm really wanting to get crazy.

However, I want to keep it sounding "clean'ish" if that's the right term. I know it will by design get loud and a little raspy on the high end of the rpms, but don't want it sounding like a 100 metal trash cans getting tossed down the road. Thats just complete chaos to me ears!
It's everything you said in the first paragraph, except it definitely does not sound like metal tin fart cans. Sounds like racecar. Think GT350 vs R.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
It's everything you said in the first paragraph, except it definitely does not sound like metal tin fart cans. Sounds like racecar. Think GT350 vs R.
Thanks! That helps me alot! I have a buddy that I can get the corsa double x from for about 100 cheaper than the Lethal single X. Just not sure how much of a difference that will make in sound. In the grand scheme of it all its only 100.00 but if the result is similar then I'm helping him out and saving $$ on my end.

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those before and after tip pics I promised.

Yes you read that wrong, and yes I'm late. As you can see, there is definitely a drop since I installed the x-pipe. However, you may also notice they came a bit crooked/un-level from the factory so at least they're symmetrical now... Wow those before pictures are quite old, still have the dealer plate on her hahaha

Before:
20200712_202924.jpg

20200712_201756.jpg

After:
20210914_103636.jpg

20210913_170119.jpg

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hard to tell but how much of a gap would you say is between the top of the tips and the fascia above it? Inch and a quarter?

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra (sold), '08 Viper (sold), '20 GT500
Anybody getting condensation drip near the joints? I'm getting a few drips on cold startups. Will check the clamps next time I have the car up. Just curious if anyone else has seen this also.

tempImageGIKt3a.jpg

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had drip every now and then, not uncommon. The factory sytstem, untouched, does it too. I welded mine up and drips no more.

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra (sold), '08 Viper (sold), '20 GT500
I had drip every now and then, not uncommon. The factory sytstem, untouched, does it too. I welded mine up and drips no more.
Thanks… I figured that was the case. Pretty sure it’s pretty snug and there’s definitely no audible exhaust leak.

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hard to tell but how much of a gap would you say is between the top of the tips and the fascia above it? Inch and a quarter?
I did my best to measure, using the beginning of the fascia above it with that honeycomb texture. The outer tips are about 2 inches under bilaterally, and the inner are around 1.75, also bilaterally, so overall symmetrical. Just a little bit lower than I would prefer deep down inside.