19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase
I started looking for a low mileage FJ last week. Man are they proud of these!
That they are. Low mileage examples are bringing double what they were new right now. Even nine years ago, I was getting calls and emails from dealers trying to buy it from me. Now, just shy of 191k miles and all I’ve ever had to replace was a battery, hood struts, and a windshield washer motor. Good times.
Sponsored

Rob-17GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2023 Mach 1, 2020 F350 Powerstroke
2020 F350........1050 torque!

46E2AB31-A931-4CAE-9939-D16F3880A54D.jpeg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That they are. Low mileage examples are bringing double what they were new right now. Even nine years ago, I was getting calls and emails from dealers trying to buy it from me. Now, just shy of 191k miles and all I’ve ever had to replace was a battery, hood struts, and a windshield washer motor. Good times.
It's funny how some people say the FJ was a failure because Toyota quit building them. I think they still look great. It would be awesome if a new version would come out. Not saying I would even consider buying one, but I like seeing them on the road.

Sponsored

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's funny how some people say the FJ was a failure because Toyota quit building them. I think they still look great. It would be awesome if a new version would come out. Not saying I would even consider buying one, but I like seeing them on the road.
Except that Toyota never stopped building them. They’re just not available for the NA market.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Except that Toyota never stopped building them. They’re just not available for the NA market.
Then they should import at least a few every year. I know FJ sales in the US were in the dumper at the end, but I'd bet Toyota could get some sales now that the older ones are starting to get worn out.

I guess the cost to update to EPA standards, crash this that or whatever the Feds are doing this year must not be worth it. I'd like to see more new FJs on the road.

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Then they should import at least a few every year. I know FJ sales in the US were in the dumper at the end, but I'd bet Toyota could get some sales now that the older ones are starting to get worn out.

I guess the cost to update to EPA standards, crash this that or whatever the Feds are doing this year must not be worth it. I'd like to see more new FJs on the road.
Yup, the sales didn't make sense for them to continue on and because of that (unless we see some newfound demand), they won't come back soon. That being said, these FJC's aren't going to 'wear out' in the only 15 years they've been around in this market. I have more than 190k miles on mine, driven across country, up and down mountains, and I can only suspect it will go another 190k. I ran with a group of other FJ's and Toyota trucks and the videos I could share, you wouldn't believe was possible for any factory truck to overcome. It's probably mostly my frame of reference here but I don't have that kind of faith in anything else (I'm fairly certain I'll be proven wrong). If I'd have to do it all over again though, there's no other vehicle I'd trust.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yup, the sales didn't make sense for them to continue on and because of that (unless we see some newfound demand), they won't come back soon. That being said, these FJC's aren't going to 'wear out' in the only 15 years they've been around in this market. I have more than 190k miles on mine, driven across country, up and down mountains, and I can only suspect it will go another 190k. I ran with a group of other FJ's and Toyota trucks and the videos I could share, you wouldn't believe was possible for any factory truck to overcome. It's probably mostly my frame of reference here but I don't have that kind of faith in anything else (I'm fairly certain I'll be proven wrong). If I'd have to do it all over again though, there's no other vehicle I'd trust.
Sorry to offend you. Yeah, my 1999 Ford F250 plow truck has 23X,000 miles on it and I've owned lots of Fords, so I understand reliability and vehicles that last a long time while needing very few repairs. Many 15 year old vehicles around here get worn out bodies and get scrapped even if the drivetrain is sound.

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to offend you. Yeah, my 1999 Ford F250 plow truck has 23X,000 miles on it and I've owned lots of Fords, so I understand reliability and vehicles that last a long time while needing very few repairs. Many 15 year old vehicles around here get worn out bodies and get scrapped even if the drivetrain is sound.
Oh no, you didn't offend at all! Apologies if my response came off that way. I've owned several and driven many more. I would never suggest we all drive Toyota trucks based on my experience in terms of reliability/capabilities. That's awesome that you've racked up that many miles on your F250. I had an 86 LX 5.0 Mustang that I beat the snot out of that had more than 170k miles driven through many midwest seasons until my first baby came. I sold it for $1,200 and still miss it, even on those snowy days when I had to drop 300 lbs. worth in salt bags in the hatch area just to keep it more planted. Good times!

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Oh no, you didn't offend at all! Apologies if my response came off that way. I've owned several and driven many more. I would never suggest we all drive Toyota trucks based on my experience in terms of reliability/capabilities. That's awesome that you've racked up that many miles on your F250. I had an 86 LX 5.0 Mustang that I beat the snot out of that had more than 170k miles driven through many midwest seasons until my first baby came. I sold it for $1,200 and still miss it, even on those snowy days when I had to drop 300 lbs. worth in salt bags in the hatch area just to keep it more planted. Good times!
I love Fox Mustangs as well and drove them for many years. Never put that many miles on one, but I still enjoyed them.

I've only put about 6,000 miles on my 1999 F250 even though I've owned it 7 or 8 years. I bought it with so many miles because I trust it to last even though it's high miles and it lived a tough life (evidence is a 5th wheel setup on it). I realize sitting so much is terrible for a vehicle, but I tend to only use it for certain tasks like plowing, towing and hauling. That V10 gas engine is great IMO even though my F-250 has the low powered version.

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
here is my 99 7.3 which is definitely far from stock power levels

truck and car.jpg

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
My 2006 Tundra...

EB7231E5-9182-4C45-820A-9373B4809801.jpeg

5E0DE3B6-0AB1-46CF-9428-E60CF0B63594.jpeg

58CC63C8-BB56-4441-9102-86CB23C25EEB.jpeg
Sponsored