Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Learned that Leno is in the game now, sells a clay cloth . Having had the clay bar experience. Was immediately interested, ordered so we will see.

Figure with Leno most likely the product quality will be fairly good.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Learned that Leno is in the game now, sells a clay cloth . Having had the clay bar experience. Was immediately interested, ordered so we will see.

Figure with Leno most likely the product quality will be fairly good.
Interesting. Wonder who he sources his products from. Pricing is reasonable and available from AutoZone. Reviews are good but do not know how reliable they are.

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Celebrity endorsements mean crap to me. And do you think that fat guy has ever tried it himself? Of course not. And do you believe celebrities don't endorse whatever crap comes their way when they're offered money to do that? I'd say over 95% of them do. Just look at all the celebrity commercials. Most people do anything for essentially free money, even the super rich. So NO, I'm not going to try that just because it has his name on it. Ha ha. But to each his own. But if somebody here says it's a great product, then I'd consider it :).

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Celebrity endorsements mean crap to me. And do you think that fat guy has ever tried it himself? Of course not. And do you believe celebrities don't endorse whatever crap comes their way when they're offered money to do that? I'd say over 95% of them do. Just look at all the celebrity commercials. Most people do anything for essentially free money, even the super rich. So NO, I'm not going to try that just because it has his name on it. Ha ha. But to each his own. But if somebody here says it's a great product, then I'd consider it :).
Well someone obviously knows nothing about Jay Leno. Stupid comment.

OP
OP
Rapid Red

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Received the clay pad and ceramic coating. Used it on the wife's black car today.

It turned out well, easy products to use, excellent results. The key was to spread the ceramic out evenly. I used a cross hatch pattern. Then go right back and wipe & buff. You can see it go to a shine instantly .

Takes an hour too set, golden.

I picked the Jay Leno product cause I figured it would be the most forgiving to use. For a first time ceramic user, turns out. It was the way to go.

Ceramic coating as a polish, paint protection. Very nice, Leno's product plainly states it has a 6mo coating cycle .

And also tells the customer, or the owner looking to having a coating applied once in his life time. That a pro shop is the better option. I will assume that the coating they maybe using is thicker. It is reinforced by the curing times I've read.

Saying this for some that do not mind car care in general. Leno's product seems to be a good option, when it come to the ceramic world.

Rock on

Sponsored

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Picked up some quick detailer that was on sale at Pepboys... good product, no streaks, good flash time and good gloss leaves the paint slick. Being a QD probably won’t last long but for $6 it was a good deal...my go to QD will still be kingsguard by DPC.

OP
OP
Rapid Red

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Liked the way the wife's car came out did another one

IMG_0475.jpeg

IMG_0500.jpeg

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
Been using JLG product for two years now on my car and my wife’s car. No complaints at all, use the metal polish and white wall cleaner on my 57 Chevy also. I’ve used the car wash, paste wax, and interior cleaner also. Definitely worth a try.

OP
OP
Rapid Red

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Been using JLG product for two years now on my car and my wife’s car. No complaints at all, use the metal polish and white wall cleaner on my 57 Chevy also. I’ve used the car wash, paste wax, and interior cleaner also. Definitely worth a try.

Want a good metal cleaner, check out White Diamond, especially for alum & SS .

The wheels on the 34 are raw alum, no clear coat and 15 years, old. Car is for sure not a garage queen, it gets driven.

DSC_0008.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: