Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
My prior 2016 EB that ended up being a Ford RAV Buy Back is on the official list of Lemons (1st on the list).
906BA7AF-8CA8-48A6-897A-87A8BB1C29A0.jpeg
Crazy and sad to see so many there. Imagine how many there could be across all states.
Sponsored

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
My prior 2016 EB that ended up being a Ford RAV Buy Back is on the official list of Lemons (1st on the list).
906BA7AF-8CA8-48A6-897A-87A8BB1C29A0.jpeg
I think this is the doc Cobra Jet got this info from: https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/llu/Documents/Vehicles-Branded-Under-The-New-Jersey-Lemon-Law.pdf

I did some ctrl-F detective work and got some interesting insights:

"Ford" is mentioned around 1500 times in the document. "Chevrolet" was at 600 and "Dodge" around 400. "Mustang" came at 96, "Camaro" at around 50 and "Challenger" and "Charger" around 30 each.

As far as JDM brands, Honda/Toyota were okay, Nissan came in at near 1200 or so, and Subaru came up over 2500 times. Our of Kia/Hyundai/Genesis, Kia did okay, Genesis is probably too low of a sample size, and Hyundai had around as many lemons as Ford.

But oh lawd, Volkswagen. The other German makes (BMW, Mercedes) were close to 1500 mentions each, but Audi came up here a total of 2000 times, with Volkswagen mentioned a little under 5500 times in this doc.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I think this is the doc Cobra Jet got this info from: https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/llu/Documents/Vehicles-Branded-Under-The-New-Jersey-Lemon-Law.pdf

I did some ctrl-F detective work and got some interesting insights:

"Ford" is mentioned around 1500 times in the document. "Chevrolet" was at 600 and "Dodge" around 400. "Mustang" came at 96, "Camaro" at around 50 and "Challenger" and "Charger" around 30 each.

As far as JDM brands, Honda/Toyota were okay, Nissan came in at near 1200 or so, and Subaru came up over 2500 times. Our of Kia/Hyundai/Genesis, Kia did okay, Genesis is probably too low of a sample size, and Hyundai had around as many lemons as Ford.

But oh lawd, Volkswagen. The other German makes (BMW, Mercedes) were close to 1500 mentions each, but Audi came up here a total of 2000 times, with Volkswagen mentioned a little under 5500 times in this doc.
Correct, that is the doc. Now my Buy Back was completed in Mar 2018 (when I took delivery of my 2018 replacement). So I'm not sure if that list is a comprehensive list that retains all such Lemon'd vehicles from a certain starting point or how it's even updated as far as frequency.

I do know that after Ford took it back, it ended up at the Manheim Auction (which the listing can also be found online). I always run the VIN every so often just out of curiosity. It's been like 1-2 years since I ran it last, but this time there was a hit for it on that list.

Johns_350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Anyone have experience going through the buyback process in Oregon? My main question is if the reduction in value for mileage applies to a replacement, or only a refund. Reading the statutes, it appears to apply only to a refund.

9571F33E-AABA-4733-AEBD-AA0F6E7FD511.jpeg

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Anyone have experience going through the buyback process in Oregon? My main question is if the reduction in value for mileage applies to a replacement, or only a refund. Reading the statutes, it appears to apply only to a refund.

9571F33E-AABA-4733-AEBD-AA0F6E7FD511.jpeg
While all states are different. I think in general usage charges only applies to buy back. Replacement is normally MSRP to MSRP.

Thats why I went Replacement and actually came out way ahead.

That said. Not every dealership will do a replacement and it will be upto you to search for one that will. My 4th attempt was a success. And oddly enough who I originally bought my lemon car from. I didn't immediately choose them because it's 2hr away. So you may have to search out further.

Sponsored

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
I opened a claim through the BBB a week and a half ago. I randomly received a notification today from the BBB that my claim was settled. This is the letter that was in my inbox. I’m confused because I never spoke to anyone on the phone and I didn’t necessarily agree to these terms, but the wording implies that I did. I’m happy they’re absorbing the usage fees & it seems that they’re going to give me a credit for a new vehicle - I already ordered one so I’m assuming I can apply it to that when it comes in and we complete the financing.

Overall this letter looks a little suspicious especially with the random punctuation and lack thereof in certain areas. Can anyone help interpret exactly what this means & if I’m understanding correctly? I wonder what determines whether I get a $1500 or $2500 discount.
2D702678-4E28-49F8-B155-F8F2FD16342C.jpeg

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I opened a claim through the BBB a week and a half ago. I randomly received a notification today from the BBB that my claim was settled. This is the letter that was in my inbox. I’m confused because I never spoke to anyone on the phone and I didn’t necessarily agree to these terms, but the wording implies that I did. I’m happy they’re absorbing the usage fees & it seems that they’re going to give me a credit for a new vehicle - I already ordered one so I’m assuming I can apply it to that when it comes in and we complete the financing.

Overall this letter looks a little suspicious especially with the random punctuation and lack thereof in certain areas. Can anyone help interpret exactly what this means & if I’m understanding correctly? I wonder what determines whether I get a $1500 or $2500 discount.
2D702678-4E28-49F8-B155-F8F2FD16342C.jpeg
I'm almost certain the discount as written in the letter is to be interpreted as:
Ford/Lincoln = $1500 (Ford)/$2500 (Lincoln)

Before you agree or sign any other docs, I would try getting someone at the BBB to confirm that is THEIR distribution and it's not a "fish" from another source other than official BBB correspondence.

I didn't go through BBB when I did my claim back in 2017, so this is the first time I'm seeing a BBB correspondence. Thanks for sharing that as well!!

Have you received anything from Ford RAV via emails or postal mail (yet)?
Sponsored