Sponsored

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Officially received my letter from RAV HQ yesterday confirming that they approved the buyback of my car. Took exactly a week from the phone-call to receiving the letter. I was honestly surprised. I'm sure that the process isn't over yet and the "fun" has yet to come, but I was expecting a fight on Ford's end prior to the approval (ie a phone call investigating the reason for it). Guess they realized that they messed up (as can surely be seen via my service records). Going to be weird not having a Mustang for the first time since my "driving life" began, but will be happy to no longer have the headache.
Sponsored

anmut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Droptop Premium
I traded my 2016 gt for a scat pack and it's been awesome. But today I saw a gt350 and they just look so amazing. the charger isn't a bad looking car, but it's a sedan. Just can't compare to how awesome GT350s look.
For real, Ford makes a sexy AF car. Best looking out there for sure. But they have to be drivable!!!

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Officially received my letter from RAV HQ yesterday confirming that they approved the buyback of my car. Took exactly a week from the phone-call to receiving the letter. I was honestly surprised. I'm sure that the process isn't over yet and the "fun" has yet to come, but I was expecting a fight on Ford's end prior to the approval (ie a phone call investigating the reason for it). Guess they realized that they messed up (as can surely be seen via my service records). Going to be weird not having a Mustang for the first time since my "driving life" began, but will be happy to no longer have the headache.
Nice to see Ford taking care of you.
Fwiw headaches are free of charge. Proper remedies aren't

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Good to hear and yes, the process could be lengthy, depends on how fast Ford RAV moves along the process, if you have a loan or lending institution to deal with and which route you take (refund or Vehicle Replacement).

Be sure to come back and post up the VIN once you’re Buy Back is complete.

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good to hear and yes, the process could be lengthy, depends on how fast Ford RAV moves along the process, if you have a loan or lending institution to deal with and which route you take (refund or Vehicle Replacement).

Be sure to come back and post up the VIN once you’re Buy Back is complete.
Thanks for the info, and will do. I've read most of your comments on these lemon-law posts and I definitely appreciate your insight into the matter, as this is my first time ever having to do something like this.

I don't have any loans to worry about, so hopefully that will speed up the process. My main concern at this point is being reimbursed for at least part of the extensive amount of mods I've added to the car (nothing on the powertrain, specifically because I was didn't want to void my warranty with this engine). Main reason being that I was planning on keeping this car for as long as possible, but that's obviously not the case anymore. Still waiting on the call from RAV to see what they offer ("within 48-72 hours" according to the letter).

And I will be asking for a refund. Unfortunately I'm not too happy with Ford at the moment due to having to deal with two separate sh*tty dealerships (lied to me, refused to honor my warranty, and insulted me), so I'm not ready to purchase yet another 'stang (I was actually considering a GT350 until I realized that it too had quite a few worrisome issues) when there's the possibility that I may be in the same boat yet again.

Sponsored

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ford approval is the easy part. Now it goes to a company Ford has outsourced to and they are a nightmare. It sounds like you are taking a check over a replacement vehicle which is easier. My suggestion is take good notes through the entire process. Who you spoke with, when, what was said. I was lied to, the phone was hung up on me, calls and e-mails were not returned to myself or my dealer.

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Are you involved with a Ford CSR or a RAV Rep again with the 2018 GT350?
Buy a 392 or a Hellcat. They don’t look as sexy as a mustang, but they’re fast and fun (and reliable!). Ford is out of their minds building $40k grenademobiles.
I track my car and I need something that can brake and turn not just go fast in a straight line. If that's what you want more power to you but Dodge is not the answer for me.

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ford approval is the easy part. Now it goes to a company Ford has outsourced to and they are a nightmare. It sounds like you are taking a check over a replacement vehicle which is easier. My suggestion is take good notes through the entire process. Who you spoke with, when, what was said. I was lied to, the phone was hung up on me, calls and e-mails were not returned to myself or my dealer.
Yikes. Thanks for the heads-up. I assumed that the headache was far from over. And thank you for the advice. I usually do keep notes of most important phone calls, as I've been burned too many times in the past. Although I'm not sure how much use getting their info may be in the end. The person I spoke with last week had a very thick Indian accent (that he was obviously trying to conceal), and when I asked him for his name, you can imagine my shock when he said "Cliff". Out of all the "American" names you could pick, "Cliff" is definitely one of the most "Amurehcah!n" names out there, haha
I will give an update once the process moves along (hopefully).

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I track my car and I need something that can brake and turn not just go fast in a straight line. If that's what you want more power to you but Dodge is not the answer for me.
Agreed. Hence why my cross shopping never even involved Dodge. People aren't joking when they say that they handle like boats/yachts. Straight line pulls are fun, but nothing beats a good (and safe) canyon carving run (outside of having a blast at the track of course). Hence why I'm going with a ZL1. Yes, visibility suffers, but it's not as horrible as everyone makes it out to be (pretty similar to my car with the cowl hood actually). And it's like everything, you notice it for the first week or so, then you never pay attention to it again.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Look into the ZL1. It'll be faster than the GT350 and it's not exactly a slouch in the corners nor braking. I
Agreed. Hence why my cross shopping never even involved Dodge. People aren't joking when they say that they handle like boats/yachts. Straight line pulls are fun, but nothing beats a good (and safe) canyon carving run (outside of having a blast at the track of course). Hence why I'm going with a ZL1. Yes, visibility suffers, but it's not as horrible as everyone makes it out to be (pretty similar to my car with the cowl hood actually). And it's like everything, you notice it for the first week or so, then you never pay attention to it again.
Yea people who own Dodge muscle cars will say how well they grip. Yes, they grip, but it doesn't feel the same as my 2016 GT did. I have 315s in the rear and 275 in the front and my scat pack doesn't lose traction under hard cornering, but it's not confidence inspiring. There's just no way to hide the 4300lb weight of the sedan haha. In a straight line, it blows my GT out of the water, but on any track, the GT would easily beat it unless there was a huge straight. I agree with you about the ZL1. I'm seriously looking into those once my warranty expires.

sidenote;
The other positive I can think about the charger is how well it keeps its value. When I bought my 2017, I paid $35k after taxes and everything. A year later, I traded it in for a 2018 because I needed to have plum crazy purple color. Anyways, the dealer gave me 34.5k trade in value for my old one. I'd never keep it past the powertrain warranty, but that goes for all American cars.

Sponsored

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Look into the ZL1. It'll be faster than the GT350 and it's not exactly a slouch in the corners nor braking. I

Yea people who own Dodge muscle cars will say how well they grip. Yes, they grip, but it doesn't feel the same as my 2016 GT did. I have 315s in the rear and 275 in the front and my scat pack doesn't lose traction under hard cornering, but it's not confidence inspiring. There's just no way to hide the 4300lb weight of the sedan haha. In a straight line, it blows my GT out of the water, but on any track, the GT would easily beat it unless there was a huge straight. I agree with you about the ZL1. I'm seriously looking into those once my warranty expires.

sidenote;
The other positive I can think about the charger is how well it keeps its value. When I bought my 2017, I paid $35k after taxes and everything. A year later, I traded it in for a 2018 because I needed to have plum crazy purple color. Anyways, the dealer gave me 34.5k trade in value for my old one. I'd never keep it past the powertrain warranty, but that goes for all American cars.
That's a pretty good trade in value after a year! Crazy that there was almost no depreciation actually. And I completely understand wanting to get the plum purple, haha. Only time I will EVER like purple on a car (aside from old school muscle like a Hemi 'Cuda:rockon:)

Don't get me wrong, I find Dodge's cars to be neat, but they just aren't for me. I enjoy canyon carving/playing in the twisties way too much. One of my friend's almost (probably did, just didn't want to admit it) shat his pants a few times while trying to keep up with me in his Scat-Pack Challenger during one run. If I wanted a car just so that I could have a killer 1/4 mile track slayer, then I would look at Dodge.
Also, the vast majority of my friends are Dodge owners. I've talked too much shit with them about Mopar, to the point that they would NEVER let me live it down if I turned around and bought one for myself :crackup:.

Now if Dodge could release a car that was a few hundred pounds lighter with revamped suspension, then that may peak my interest. Until then, the ZL1 (as well as my "weekend warrior" Z06) will provide me with PLENTY of good times.

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yea in the vehicle information it says 1 owner. This thing went 2700 miles from San Jose CA to Charlotte NC and somehow gained 400 miles on the odometer so I'm guessing it was joy riden in between stops. Sometimes I miss the car but then I remember all the problems it gave me lol.
Did you end up buying anything else? Sucks that the Daytona didn't work out. I am at 4k miles on the Scat Pack and it's been a blast! My lemon is still for sale @ $33k.

https://www.orleansford.net/used/Ford/2018-Ford-Mustang-367483d60a0e0a17425a2636b8b611da.htm

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It's funny all this happened this week because I literally bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 5.7L today. $49,400 MSRP and I got $13,450 off with rebates and dealer discount. $40,500 OTD. This thing is too quiet though, need to change the muffler.
Snapchat-1188670055.jpg
Nice, congrats! I finally got around to taking some decent pictures of the Charger.

7zDyWCnh.jpg

5fHkeXIh.jpg

SoCTAu4h.jpg

ozKBeuRh.jpg

VOVOJFFh.jpg

3vrhc17h.jpg

bdhevBRh.jpg

uFXyWO1h.jpg

u9USvMfh.jpg

6R0vKCVh.jpg

UANbYZXh.jpg

oZhbHMUh.jpg

uti5zBBh.jpg

yPIQisyh.jpg

dVNsY3Ph.jpg

LrIqK3bh.jpg

WFj7UQUh.jpg

Last edited:

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Nice, congrats! I finally got around to taking some decent pictures of the Charger.
Join the NoVA scat pack page on FB as well as the regular scat pack charger/challenger one. The hellcat page has parts for sale section where you can find good deals. I'm in Fairfax so hope to see you around!
Sponsored