Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Ok - so have you seen another S550 on a Dealer lot that you want? They won't relinquish it to RAV? I have never heard of that - and the RAV Supervisor can't elevate this and get that vehicle from Dealership A to B??
Nope and they are not required to. I did find a few cars on lots but they denied the Rav Reps when they called. Dealerships own the cars on the lot and are not required to sell back to ford. Normally some dealers would but since they are making more than MSRP right now they are refusing as Ford will only buy it back at MSRP. Plus they don't like how Ford dictates how they can sell the lemon it is replaced with even if its ordered. (Both these factors multiple dealership Managers told me and wished me luck lol)

I did find a dealer today that would assist with the replacement with an ordered car its a little over 2hr away one way.
They have never done a replacement only buybacks maybe thats why? Either way a win for me. Finally.
Sponsored

Last edited:

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Still no dealership willing to assist Ford is now pushing for me to order or to let them Repurchase and even said they would waive all usage fees. Problem is cars are hyper inflated in price above MSRP right now and i don't pay MSRP let alone above. So i would be out of a car for awhile left driving my old truck until prices come down if ever. Rep said it can take 3 months to even get a build date if i order one then a few months after to be delivered.

I emailed states Lemon Law guy at attorney generals office to ask about the replacement proceedure through arbitration since dealerships are not willing to part with cars at MSRP would i be in the same boat going through the state. Waiting for reply.
...I don't agree with your statement; "Problem is cars are hyper inflated in price
above MSRP right now.........."
To the contrary, I found the prices of new to be reasonable, considering I looked for
Mustang GT's before the prices of 'used' cars went up.
Sure, Ford wasn't offering any incentives on cars I wanted, however I could have bought
a Mach 1 in Texas for $4,000 off sticker, but I can't see giving $54,000 for any car.
Selling my '20 Scat Pack for $5G's more than I gave for it 5 months ago was
a Godsend to get rid of it so I could get back in a Mustang PP.
I was happy with my selling price.
By the way, I should be getting the title this week........................... :clap:

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...I don't agree with your statement; "Problem is cars are hyper inflated in price
above MSRP right now.........."
To the contrary, I found the prices of new to be reasonable, considering I looked for
Mustang GT's before the prices of 'used' cars went up.
Sure, Ford wasn't offering any incentives on cars I wanted, however I could have bought
a Mach 1 in Texas for $4,000 off sticker, but I can't see giving $54,000 for any car.
Selling my '20 Scat Pack for $5G's more than I gave for it 5 months ago was
a Godsend to get rid of it so I could get back in a Mustang PP.
I was happy with my selling price.
By the way, I should be getting the title this week........................... :clap:
Disagreeing is your right. And im sure location has much to do with it. I have searched dozens upon dozens of dealerships within 300mi radius and over 90% are listing their car over MSRP by 1-2 grand. Although I stopped searching around 2 weeks ago.

But its not me you are really Disagreeing with but the dealerships that are selling and refusing as well as the two FORD RAV agents i have been dealing with. Which i have supporting emails to that fact.

Last edited:

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geep and Cobra thanks for your help. I used this thread to receive help, record my interactions incase needed for legal purposes and so others can see the headache they could be in for but not to give up. Finally in the home stretch car ordered and can drive the one i have until replacement arrives (if it doesn't go into shop again its leaking trans fluid again and smoking from burning it off)

Thanks again many suggestions were applied and helped the process.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Geep and Cobra thanks for your help. I used this thread to receive help, record my interactions incase needed for legal purposes and so others can see the headache they could be in for but not to give up. Finally in the home stretch car ordered and can drive the one i have until replacement arrives (if it doesn't go into shop again its leaking trans fluid again and smoking from burning it off)

Great to hear! Well, patience and persistence will pay off in the end. Keep us posted. I'm sure things would be quite different if we weren't in a Pandemic and due to other issues affecting both used and new car markets.

Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line

Wow your story about ordering your new car from a dealer sounds just like mine but when I found the dealer that would order my car It was a relief. I asked that dealer why was is so hard to get a dealer to order a car or buy one from them. He said that many dealers think that they will stay with the lemon law car but they can request ford to pick it up so it can be auctioned. Therefore the deal takes no hit. I just saw my old car sell for 38k with 16,000 miles it was fully loaded.

It took like 4 months to get my new car and one of my fears was getting in an accident. It drove me crazy everytime I was in traffic.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow your story about ordering your new car from a dealer sounds just like mine but when I found the dealer that would order my car It was a relief. I asked that dealer why was is so hard to get a dealer to order a car or buy one from them. He said that many dealers think that they will stay with the lemon law car but they can request ford to pick it up so it can be auctioned. Therefore the deal takes no hit. I just saw my old car sell for 38k with 16,000 miles it was fully loaded.

It took like 4 months to get my new car and one of my fears was getting in an accident. It drove me crazy everytime I was in traffic.
I specifically asked about accident or tree falling (have lots trees around the house )
They said as long as the car isn't totaled it would still be a valid replacement depending on severity it may or may not need repairing. So that put me at ease as i was fretting the same thing.

The Rav rep said they requested my order to be expedited. Im ok with it taking a few months as it is like a big down payment when the replacement happens.

Just got this in email. 😃
20210724_105445.jpg

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I specifically asked about accident or tree falling (have lots trees around the house )
They said as long as the car isn't totaled it would still be a valid replacement depending on severity it may or may not need repairing. So that put me at ease as i was fretting the same thing.

The Rav rep said they requested my order to be expedited. Im ok with it taking a few months as it is like a big down payment when the replacement happens.

Just got this in email. 😃
20210724_105445.jpg
awesome what options did you get with it

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As an update. Finally in home stretch. My replacement is at the dealership and we are just waiting for the RAV packet to snail mail. April 24th until November 22 has been a long time and im glad its finally near completion. Thanks again for the help given in this thread and allowing a place for me to vent the frustration and to document the process lol.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
As an update. Finally in home stretch. My replacement is at the dealership and we are just waiting for the RAV packet to snail mail. April 24th until November 22 has been a long time and im glad its finally near completion. Thanks again for the help given in this thread and allowing a place for me to vent the frustration and to document the process lol.
Congrats. Hope your Mustang experience will be fun like it should be from here on. Mine sure has been, I love this car.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Strokercrate

How did you make out considering it's now Jan 2022? Did you take delivery of the new ride?

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Strokercrate

How did you make out considering it's now Jan 2022? Did you take delivery of the new ride?
Yes. On November 22 2021. Did run into a small issue there but it was RAV not sending the correct packet fortunately they corrected it over the phone.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
:( f Tn...

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My prior 2016 EB that ended up being a Ford RAV Buy Back is on the official list of Lemons (1st on the list).
906BA7AF-8CA8-48A6-897A-87A8BB1C29A0.jpeg
Sponsored