Sponsored

20mustang16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave Deluca
Vehicle(s)
2019. Mustang gt pp2 D.O.A. LEMON
Well I'm done , Fords lost me as a customer forever I've talked to just about every single case worker in the RAV department and nobody can seem to transfer me to a supervisor or a person to look at my case and make the correct decision , I did find out that the case workers that work in the department have all been working in that department form 2 months to 2 weeks and i know why they get tired of hearing people calling them to say how unfair and wrong FORD motor company is. I've been going through this whole ordeal for 120 days total ,I've made 5 car payments have not had a car to drive for 90 days , I took off all my things that can be taken off ,they still burned me for $ 2800.00 and also I'm removing the 3m 1090 stripes screw them ! What right is right and now im done FORD CORP can go stick this car and there company sideways , once I get my check from them im buying a Chevelle , Camaro, anything but a FORD product I've been more then patient and during this whole debacle ! IM DONE ! This car was a 2019 MUSTANG GT PERFORMANCE PACK 2 SPECIAL ORDER WAITED 2 MONTHS GET IT WITH 337 MILES ON IT WHEN I TOOK IT IN FOR REPAIR NEVER REPAIRED ! HERES THE VIN NUMBER TO THIS LEMON BUYERS BEWARE !
1FA6P8CF8K5193336 oh they will try to repair it again also they took the original transmission out too because the parts to fix 1 of 3 problems were coming from CHINA. someone thought it would be better to replace the transmission and that's after waiting for 2 months for the part now it's a non original non numbers macthing car ! I could go on and on "ADIOS" FORD CORP you really now how to screw people over! Cobra jet was spot on , he was more helpful then the joke of a company FORD CORP ever was thanks again Cobra Jet my journey with these as# h#$% is DONE Oct 17th is my SURRENDER date , I will never set foot in a FORD STEALERSHIP AGAIN!

20mustang16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave Deluca
Vehicle(s)
2019. Mustang gt pp2 D.O.A. LEMON
HERE'S A PICTURE AND THE VIN 1FA6P8CF8K5193336 OF THE LEMON CAR IN ALL ITS GLORY IF YOU BUY THIS CAR YOU WILL BE SORRY CHRISTINE II POSSEST! FORD WILL RESELL THIS TO ANOTHER POOR SOLE DONT LET THEM SCREW YOU LIKE THEY DID ME!
20190628_195932.jpg

chrisscahill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
VIN# 1FA6P8CF7K5129241

Lemon buyback on 10/10/19 for Engine clatter noise on original engine and replacement engine. Issue appears to come about at ~ 1000 miles.
Odometer had 3281 miles on it when it was turned in.
IMG_1066.PNG

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Bump - if anyone has filed a successful Buy Back, be sure to post the VINs here...

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
March bump

damships

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1 (Rapid Red)
I’m not sure if I will be needing to utilize this thread soon (I hope I don’t). My car (2018 GT Base Model) has been at the dealership service department for approximately 9 days. It has three issues which I’ve posted in other threads about (ticking/knocking between 1250-1750 RPMs, engine misfire code popped up, some light cranking noise when letting off the accelerator, and some light clinking noise near the shifter). The engine code may have just been due to the PCM needing an update per Ford TSB, so I hope that fixes the engine light. As for the ticking/knocking they informed me it might be the timing chain, but that was 6 days ago. I’ve left two messages to get updates on the vehicle and they haven’t replied. So I’m starting to wonder if it’s something more significant. They can never replicate the clinking noise near the shifter. I don’t even know if they’ve looked at the accelerator.

My question is: For those who filed lemon law/buy-back, did Ford still give you a rental to drive around while the process played out? This is my daily driver and I wouldn’t be able to go without one for a month or even more waiting for administrative nonsense. I’ll keep everyone updated if I have to start going through this process.

damships

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
So my car has been at the dealership shop for 31 days as of today. Roughly 2.5 weeks ago, they informed me it was the cam-shaft phasers possibly needing replacing or the solenoids and they really haven't done much since. They just keep extending my rental which I appreciate, but I'm beginning to think they don't know what's wrong. Is Lemon Law/buy-back even an option at this point? This is what Nevada law says:

The Nevada lemon law establishes a presumption that a reasonable number of attempts have been undertaken to conform a motor vehicle to the applicable express warranties if, within the time the express warranty is in effect or within one year following the date of the motor vehicle’s delivery to the original buyer, whichever occurs first, either of the following occurs:

1. The same nonconformity has been subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer, its agent or authorized dealer but the nonconformity continues to exist, or

2. The motor vehicle is out of service for repairs for a cumulative total of 30 or more calendar days. The 30 day period is extended by any period of time in which the necessary repairs cannot be made for reasons that are beyond the control of the manufacturer, its agent or authorized dealer. The time the express warranty is in effect and the one year period is extended by any period of time during which repair services are not reasonably available to the buyer because of war, invasion, strike, fire, flood, or other natural disaster.

What do you guys think or what would you do in this scenario? The car currently has 8,000 miles on it. Purchased new in August 2019. I've been very patient with them and my service assistant, she's been very helpful in extending my rental and sending me texts every few days. But 31 days in I'm starting to think something is up.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So my car has been at the dealership shop for 31 days as of today. Roughly 2.5 weeks ago, they informed me it was the cam-shaft phasers possibly needing replacing or the solenoids and they really haven't done much since. They just keep extending my rental which I appreciate, but I'm beginning to think they don't know what's wrong. Is Lemon Law/buy-back even an option at this point? This is what Nevada law says:

The Nevada lemon law establishes a presumption that a reasonable number of attempts have been undertaken to conform a motor vehicle to the applicable express warranties if, within the time the express warranty is in effect or within one year following the date of the motor vehicle’s delivery to the original buyer, whichever occurs first, either of the following occurs:

1. The same nonconformity has been subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer, its agent or authorized dealer but the nonconformity continues to exist, or

2. The motor vehicle is out of service for repairs for a cumulative total of 30 or more calendar days. The 30 day period is extended by any period of time in which the necessary repairs cannot be made for reasons that are beyond the control of the manufacturer, its agent or authorized dealer. The time the express warranty is in effect and the one year period is extended by any period of time during which repair services are not reasonably available to the buyer because of war, invasion, strike, fire, flood, or other natural disaster.

What do you guys think or what would you do in this scenario? The car currently has 8,000 miles on it. Purchased new in August 2019. I've been very patient with them and my service assistant, she's been very helpful in extending my rental and sending me texts every few days. But 31 days in I'm starting to think something is up.

If you have not already, you need to call the Ford 800# and get a Regional CSR that will assign you a Case number. That puts your vehicle and concerns at a priority level where the Dealership must start providing updates or course of action for resolution.

It would also seem by your reply directly above that you have researched Nevada Lemon Laws and are familiar with what your rights are at this point. Since the car has been there in excess of 30 days, it should qualify for a Lemon Buy Back.

Once you are hooked up with Regional CSR, inform him/her you want 1 month car payment reimbursement for the time the car has been inop at the Service Center.

You have to make the call whether you want to remain in the situation you’re in with wanting the car repaired and however much longer it will take for that repair OR to get out from under it via a Buy Back.

Sponsored

damships

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
If you have not already, you need to call the Ford 800# and get a Regional CSR that will assign you a Case number. That puts your vehicle and concerns at a priority level where the Dealership must start providing updates or course of action for resolution.

It would also seem by your reply directly above that you have researched Nevada Lemon Laws and are familiar with what your rights are at this point. Since the car has been there in excess of 30 days, it should qualify for a Lemon Buy Back.

Once you are hooked up with Regional CSR, inform him/her you want 1 month car payment reimbursement for the time the car has been inop at the Service Center.

You have to make the call whether you want to remain in the situation you’re in with wanting the car repaired and however much longer it will take for that repair OR to get out from under it via a Buy Back.
Thanks for the information. I'll call them tomorrow for the Regional CSR. Question: Do you know if the 30-day rule only counts business days, or is it just days in general? Also, I did not know about the payment reimbursement for the month! Will they put up a fight for this or is this standard in this situation?

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the information. I'll call them tomorrow for the Regional CSR. Question: Do you know if the 30-day rule only counts business days, or is it just days in general? Also, I did not know about the payment reimbursement for the month! Will they put up a fight for this or is this standard in this situation?
The “30 days” can vary by State; some States make it very clear while others are in need of further interpretation.

It’s either:
30 consecutive days. This means after the Owner dropped the car off at the Service Center, it has remained there for 30 days without resolution.

or

30 calendar days within 1 year. This means the car has been in for multiple warranty repairs 30x within 1 year.

Usually where any State Lemon Law has the above language, regardless of repair attempts, the car would instantly qualify for a Lemon Claim.

—-

The catch in some Lemon Law language is IF there is a provision where there is an “AND” in place. So for instance some State language for a car to qualify as a Lemon is the above AND the Lemon Claim has to be initiated within 36k/24Mos (whichever comes first) of the purchase date. Some States may be 24k/12mos, again this varies State by State.

So definitely pay attention to your State Law and be sure you’re getting it from your State’s official .gov webpage for your DMV laws OR your State Attorney General laws. It has to be from a .gov site as that is the correct info - don’t grab info off of 3rd party websites or rely on what is on the BBB Autoline site.

damships

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the assistance with this. So what exactly is the difference between the Buy Back vs. Replacement Option? I am leaning towards just a replacement, but I'm not sure how that impacts my current loan and price of the vehicle.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the assistance with this. So what exactly is the difference between the Buy Back vs. Replacement Option? I am leaning towards just a replacement, but I'm not sure how that impacts my current loan and price of the vehicle.
“Buy Back” is just a general term.

There’s actually (2) types of a Ford Buy Back, both of which are authorized by and processed through Ford RAV (reacquired vehicle division).

1) Vehicle replacement (also referred to as a swap of collateral):
The Owner opts to replace the Lemon with another Ford product. It has to be a brand new Ford, any model found on a Dealership lot near your location. If you opt for the same vehicle (Mustang), and if one does not exist with your specs, the local Dealership can do an inventory search within 500-1000 miles to locate a replacement. A Vehicle Replacement is strictly MSRP to MSRP, period. does not matter what deals you scored on the original vehicle,,or if you bought it under original MSRP. You just pick out a new Ford product that is at least the original MSRP of your “lemon”. If by chance the vehicle replacement MSRP is higher than your “lemon”, you are responsible for that delta either by cash, credit or rolling the delta forward into a new loan (if financing).

I’ve posted many examples of how the vehicle replacement works using hypothetical values (search on my user ID on here using “Buy Back”, “Lemon” or “RAV”.

2) Refund:
You turn over your Lemon, get a refund from Ford for what is due back to you and you either walk away from Ford and buy Brand-X OR you use the $ to purchase another Ford. There’s much discussion about the refund process from those who have gone that route. Be aware with this route some have reported being docked usage fees. This varies by State and is usually a formula created by the State - it has nothing to do with Ford.

——————
Ford follows each State’s Lemon Laws, Ford and Ford RAV do not deviate from those laws. So any fees (title, registration, doc fees, taxes, etc) or usage penalties are put forth by your Home State’s Lemon Law policies and provisions.

*If going with a Vehicle Replacement do note the following:
1) Taxes: If there is a delta between MSRP values from Lemon to Replacement, you will be responsible for those taxes based on your State Lemon Law and State Sales Tax %. So for instance and totally hypothetical numbers, if your original MSRP was $20k and the replacement MSRP is $22k, you’re only responsible for State Sales Tax on the $2k delta - NOT the total new MSRP value.

2) Ford RAV will not help you pick out another Ford. It is up to the Owner to source the replacement vehicle and work with your local Dealership to secure that vehicle. The Dealership is the middle man between you and Ford RAV. The Dealership’s responsibility for a RAV transaction is to complete the transactional RAV paper work, aid in helping you get into a new car, doing the new car paperwork, doing any loan paperwork, inspecting both the Lemon and new vehicle for damages and taking back the collateral (your Lemon).

3) Ford incentives, Ford discounts, A-Z Plans, Dealer discounts, Dealer incentives, Dealer offers, Military, Police/EMS/Fire, College Grad or College Ed discounts do not and cannot be applied. It’s strictly MSRP to MSRP.

The above should help you along. Again, do search my User ID as mentioned above, there’s a TON of info I and others have posted in various Buy Back threads that will surely benefit you in a positive manner.

First thing is, you must call and get a Regional CSR and Case number assigned. Once you do that and explain your situation, IF you choose to do a Buy Back (replacement or refund), the CSR will inform you if your case meets the criteria for approval to be moved over to Ford RAV.

damships

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
Thank you, Cobra! So I did call and get the Regional CSR. They actually tried calling me today to get more information for possible buy-back purposes, but I was working. I just called back and left a message. Today is Day 35 of my vehicle being in the shop. I also requested for my monthly payment for last month to be reimbursed due to the vehicle being out of commission. Your assistance has been very helpful.

I do have a few questions, however. So you stated Replacement would be a straight MSRP to MSRP swap and there would be no discounts etc. applied. So my GT was purchased new at $30,000. I know most MSRP's for GT Automatics are roughly $35,000. So if this buyback was approved for replacement, would I now be financing the $35,000 amount if I found another identical vehicle? Basically:

1) If approved for replacement, am I now responsible for financing $35,000 instead of $30,000?
2) The payments I made to my lender are just reimbursed to me?

I would definitely be discouraged if I'm now having to finance an additional $5,000 because of the vehicle's quality.
Sponsored