Sponsored

LED Switchback for the EU Mustang - Yes it's real! (and almost plug'n'play)

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Hm, the turning lights of my switchbacks flicker when the ignition is on. With ingnition off everything is fine. Anybody got an idea how that can be? It's only attached to parking lights and turning lights :shrug:
hmm, difficult to say, can you share a little video so we can see how it flickers ?

Or maybe try to plug the connector the other way into the socket ... :shrug:
Sponsored

Nicolas05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Oxford White
I tried to do it myself today, without removing the bumper OR the tires. But it's just to difficult to really work on it. Wheels have to go off, to have some room... So will have to wait for another time. :)

Just one more question for then... I have to connect the wire to the parking + wire; Wich is the + wire?? The yellow/green one, or the black/blue one? :ninja::shrug::confused:

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I don't remember now, but check the first posts where are my pictures, maybe I indicated the colors.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Should be as John said, also because ground wire often (or always?) have a black stripe.
You can check with a multimeter... but if you have a multimeter probably you won't ask that :D
However, if you take the wrong wire and connect to ground, nothig happens :)

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Ok the switchbacks just dont work as promised. I plugged out the parking lights and only plugged in the Plug & Play Turning lights - as soon as the Engine is on, the Turning lights flicker if they are on. With Engine off or just ingnition on they work fine. Also tried to turn them 180 degree, still not working
I guess the resistance is not correct for the mustang and they somehow are using a Signal from the Engine if the Engine is on. Also Made i Video i can share later...

Another Person i talked to installed the diode dynamics Switchbacks with a Bit of modding. It's also not working correctly if the Engine is on.

Can anybody who installed the Switchbacks can take a Look if they are really working with Engine on?

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Me too, works perfectly. I remember someone said that high quality switchbacks (i.e. with some electronic module) won't work, instead cheap switchbacks will work without issues.
Mine, as the one Jonh have, are cheap chinese made :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
exactly. Mine works slightly different because I wired them to be parking lights and not drl, but no flickering or any other issues.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Hmm, then it should work like on Papinist's car ..
That's what I thought too and that's why I bought them in the first place, so it has to work 100% :headbonk:

I though it could depend on the Osram DRLs I have installed. But as only the normal turning light cable is plugged into the Switchback I just don't get how they can react to a engine on signal. It's a turning light, how can it be influenced be the engine :shrug:

Any idea would be helpful.

Maybe it's the Osram DRL that is causing the problems. At least it's similarity to the other car were problems with engine on appear

Here's the video of the flickering:
[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited: